The Tile Shop, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

1.9

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

First, there was in person interview with two team members and then a they scheduled back to back interviews with 4 people . It was very difficult and lasted for almost 4 hours.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc..

Interview

We spoke briefly in the showroom mainly about what I feel I could bring to the business, and if I felt comfortable working mainly on commission. We also discussed how management preferred their store to operate.

Interview Questions

• Can you use a measuring tape/ are you good with math?   1 Answer

Sales Representativd Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Norwalk, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with store manager in the store itself. Was taken around the store to see product line before the interview. I was asked interview questions as stated below and then was given a review of what the company offered, the dress code, and the time requirements. I was advised of what the next steps in hiring process would be including a background check and a drug screen. I was asked if I was interested in the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your hobbies and interests   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Camden, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

For Deptford, New Jersey Store 117

You do an over the phone interview first. Simple question of have you ever done this type of work before and so on. The work was unloading a truck, staging customer pickups, ups pickups and making sure you keep the backroom clean and tidy.

The interview was about an hour. I was told before leaving. He had one more interview to do and that he would call to let me know what was going on. Little did i know he sent me a background check to my email on the day of the interview and it ended up in my junk mail. I didn't know anything about it until he called me a week later and told me about it. I filled out the info and didn't hear anything back from them. So after 2 weeks have passed from the face to face interview and i called to ask what was going on. I passed the background check and was told he would call me back later that day. He never called back. They seem to push you around and not be straight forward about what they are doing.

It would of been nice to be told that i would get an email for my background check and that i had the job. In stead of being lied to and making it look like i wasn't interested in the job. It's been over 2 weeks since i called asking about the job and i still haven't heard anything back. It was a waste of time with false hope of a job.

Interview Questions

• Do you really know how to drive a forklift.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Haltom City, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Haltom City, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Internet Application, apptitute test, in person interview, very easy process. Wasn't happy with manager who hired me. Very happy with current manager. His process is much easier. Training is great with current management

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview you don't notice but after evaluate the process you'll see that the company sell the job to you. Unlike most place that ask what can you bring to the company. The Tile Shop sell you lies about how easy it is to sell not saying they don't market.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

Was very focused on Sales strategies. Also on what sales stradegies that I have gained from my previous sales jobs. The questions were not difficult however If you are not a salesman this is not the job for you. It is a commission based pay of 14% and will be paid Bi-Monthly. They want a great team player and someone who is competitive in sales.

Interview Questions

• How would you benefit our company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc..

Interview

interview was friendly and made me feel at ease. they answered any questions i had and explained to me anything i didn't understand. in about 2 days i was called back and was offered a job. went back in a few day later to fill out paperwork. about a week later went in to take a drug test

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at the tile shop   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc..

Interview

Talked a little with the Assistant manager. Then gave me a ton of paperwork and list of videos to watch on my own time. Was told would be called back later to know if received job

Interview Questions

• Was asked if I had any questions   1 Answer

Sales Consultant/Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Two separate interviews, pretty standard.
    What would bring to the table, are you will to work nights and weekends. How are with working with others. Can you lift at least 50lbs?

Interview Questions

• Described how you would handle an irate customer   1 Answer