The Tile Shop, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2017

1.8

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Camden, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

For Deptford, New Jersey Store 117

You do an over the phone interview first. Simple question of have you ever done this type of work before and so on. The work was unloading a truck, staging customer pickups, ups pickups and making sure you keep the backroom clean and tidy.

The interview was about an hour. I was told before leaving. He had one more interview to do and that he would call to let me know what was going on. Little did i know he sent me a background check to my email on the day of the interview and it ended up in my junk mail. I didn't know anything about it until he called me a week later and told me about it. I filled out the info and didn't hear anything back from them. So after 2 weeks have passed from the face to face interview and i called to ask what was going on. I passed the background check and was told he would call me back later that day. He never called back. They seem to push you around and not be straight forward about what they are doing.

It would of been nice to be told that i would get an email for my background check and that i had the job. In stead of being lied to and making it look like i wasn't interested in the job. It's been over 2 weeks since i called asking about the job and i still haven't heard anything back. It was a waste of time with false hope of a job.

Interview Questions

• Do you really know how to drive a forklift.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview you don't notice but after evaluate the process you'll see that the company sell the job to you. Unlike most place that ask what can you bring to the company. The Tile Shop sell you lies about how easy it is to sell not saying they don't market.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

Was very focused on Sales strategies. Also on what sales stradegies that I have gained from my previous sales jobs. The questions were not difficult however If you are not a salesman this is not the job for you. It is a commission based pay of 14% and will be paid Bi-Monthly. They want a great team player and someone who is competitive in sales.

Interview Questions

• How would you benefit our company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc..

Interview

interview was friendly and made me feel at ease. they answered any questions i had and explained to me anything i didn't understand. in about 2 days i was called back and was offered a job. went back in a few day later to fill out paperwork. about a week later went in to take a drug test

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at the tile shop   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc..

Interview

Talked a little with the Assistant manager. Then gave me a ton of paperwork and list of videos to watch on my own time. Was told would be called back later to know if received job

Interview Questions

• Was asked if I had any questions   1 Answer

Sales Consultant/Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Two separate interviews, pretty standard.
    What would bring to the table, are you will to work nights and weekends. How are with working with others. Can you lift at least 50lbs?

Interview Questions

• Described how you would handle an irate customer   1 Answer

Design/Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Clear, defined and thorough! I was called by the store manager after reviewing my online application. I also stopped in at the location and asked the store manager several times prior to my interview when I could get started, called several times and aggressively pursued my hire. The store manager made me feel very comfortable, and expressed his interest primarily in my life/sales experiences.

Interview Questions

• What are my expectations, goals and desires as a employee for The Tile Shop   1 Answer

Design/Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc..

Interview

good interview, however, the manager told me they do NOT hire a cleaning staff and sales persons were expected to clean everything.......including bathroom

If you hire me on 100% commission, I AM NOT CLEANING THE BATHROOM.........

Interview Questions

• Would you be open to cleaning   1 Answer

NO base salary,
    Expectation that the design/sales people should clean the bathrooms

Design/Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc..

Interview

Typical interview, I was excited to speak with them until I did some homework. I enjoyed the interview but didn't get very good answers to my questions and concerns.

It is a sales commission job so I wanted to know how the store and market was in my area. I find out this guy is the 4th manager in less than a year and they are always short staffed. This was a little unsettling. His answers did not make me comfortable.

I just wanted to know that I had an opportunity to succeed and not be "Just Sold" on an opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular, mainly are you willing to work 28 days a month.   Answer Question

Designs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochelle Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Rochelle Park, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

You are asked a series of questions about how much money you'd like to make, after a brief description of what the company and position entails. You are told about long hours and earning potential. You are informed that the base pay is $1000 plus commission every 7 and 20th (twice a month). If you are hired, you fill out paperwork and drug test. If not, you are sent on your merrt way.