The Tile Shop, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Tile Shop, Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at The Tile Shop, Inc.

1.9

IT Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Plymouth, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of of multiple visits. The first interview was with a manager (don't remember what kind) simple questions where you see yourself in few years, what my experience is. He also described the company a ton as if he tried selling it to me. Couple days later I got a feedback in regards of that interview, he said I was too entitled for a job because I overstated my ambition to get into the field when I graduate. So with this negative thing in my mind I went into a second interview, with another manager? If I remember correctly he was the IT manager who asked me basic questions and proceeded to show me the IT department and introduce me to the guys, after the tour I sat down with "the guys" who had no questions planned, wheren't prepared at all, tried to get a normal conversation going but they where beyond awkward so it turned even more awkward. The whole experience was a nightmare. After reading the reviews of employees working there I am glad I never got an offer.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Austin, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received an email from a corporate recruiter. Followed up with phone interview, was then escalated to meet with the Director of sales. After that interview, I had a series of phone conversations/interviews with Regional and Senior managers. After a few days I was then routed to interview with the CEO, which is a very humble and appreciative individual. I was then offered the Market Manager position.

Overall the recruitment process took 4 weeks, great and very structured process from beginning to end. The group I met and talked with were all very good and caring people.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Plymouth, MN) in March 2019.

Interview

The first phone interview went very well. The first in-person interview also went very well and I was asked general questions about my roles and responsibilities. I was a little taken aback when the Talent Director also discussed some unprofessional scenarios with me involving how there were some "big personalities", office talk and cursing and a previous candidate that was stalking them by email because they did not get a retail position. A couple of days later I was invited back in for a lunch and to go over benefits and compensation, given the impression that I would have an offer for the position. I was told that the meeting/lunch was for going over benefits and compensation. The lunch was awkward and both interviewers couldn't stop discussing how they do happy hour often and that they were going to be back at the same restaurant to meet the staff that was flying in for leadership development. I was asked several different times the same question, just reworded and each time I answered the same way. I could tell the head director had their mind on something else which turned into an overly rushed lunch, leaving me with an uneasy impression of how this company treats its potential candidates. I did not hear anything about an official offer and was later told through a third party that they were moving in a different direction. The overall process was sloppy and unprofessional. I was led to believe an offer was going to happen but then later turned away because the director did not have time to successfully transition me into the corporate role setting and that I was too retail. The job description itself preferred someone with high retail experience.

Interview Questions

• How will you adjust to sitting in an office?
      How do you think it will feel working Monday-Friday?
      What are your current roles and responsibilities?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Lombard, IL).

Interview

Easy. Basically if you have any background in sales... they'll hire you. They want to know are you willing to work hard, pressure people into the sale immediately, not later. It's all about the store's bottom line. If they see the store succeed you'll be rewarded, if not, expect an unhappy manager. The manager was very straight forward that his mood was dictated on the performance of the store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Zero negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Shawnee, KS) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied through Monster.com, that is how they hire all employees. Received a call to set up an interview for the following week. I received a call back the same day with the job offer, I told them I would thing about it and give a call back the next day. I was told to come back the next week to fill out paper work and started work the following week. I interviewed with the assistant manager and the store manager came in during the interview and talked for a couple minutes before leaving again. Atmosphere and employees seemed laid back. The interview was very basic questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• When did you have a problem with a customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, all consultants receive the same base pay. You must really be a salesperson, fairly high pressure at that. If you're unsure, it's probably not for you.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The interview you don't notice but after evaluate the process you'll see that the company sell the job to you. Unlike most place that ask what can you bring to the company. The Tile Shop sell you lies about how easy it is to sell not saying they don't market.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

Was very focused on Sales strategies. Also on what sales stradegies that I have gained from my previous sales jobs. The questions were not difficult however If you are not a salesman this is not the job for you. It is a commission based pay of 14% and will be paid Bi-Monthly. They want a great team player and someone who is competitive in sales.

Interview Questions

• How would you benefit our company?   1 Answer

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharonville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc. (Sharonville, OH) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview consisted of the normal questions. The interview was going very well until I was asked if I could lift 80 lbs. ! I told the interviewer that I could not lift 80 lbs, and was told it is one of their qualifications and since I couldn't they could not offer me the job. All I can say is good luck finding people that can lift 80 lbs. worth of tile off the floor into a customers car.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to calculate square footage?   1 Answer

Design/Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc..

Interview

good interview, however, the manager told me they do NOT hire a cleaning staff and sales persons were expected to clean everything.......including bathroom

If you hire me on 100% commission, I AM NOT CLEANING THE BATHROOM.........

Interview Questions

• Would you be open to cleaning   1 Answer

NO base salary,
    Expectation that the design/sales people should clean the bathrooms

Design/Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Tile Shop, Inc..

Interview

Typical interview, I was excited to speak with them until I did some homework. I enjoyed the interview but didn't get very good answers to my questions and concerns.

It is a sales commission job so I wanted to know how the store and market was in my area. I find out this guy is the 4th manager in less than a year and they are always short staffed. This was a little unsettling. His answers did not make me comfortable.

I just wanted to know that I had an opportunity to succeed and not be "Just Sold" on an opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular, mainly are you willing to work 28 days a month.   Answer Question