The UPS Store Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The UPS Store Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The UPS Store (Westminster, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on line and was interviewed the next day and hired immediately. I was told by the store owner that I would be doing graphic design with some sales associate work after 60 days training. He was excited as he said other The UPS Stores will also want to use my graphic design skills. I started work right after christmas.

The training process was basically throw you in the pool and either sink or swim, with no graphic design work. In other words watch what I do once then you will need to know it. After 2 weeks I was told I was going to need to run the store by myself. Two days later the owner said I was taking too long to learn all the processes and he let me go. I was there for 75 hours.

This is not a minimum wage job with all the information you have to know, like international orders and what items can and can not be shipped. The online training is beyond horrible. I now fully understand why the phrase "Going Postal" came about. The very low pay, the rude customers and the very poor management all made me feel very abused.

This was a horrible job.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked retail before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hendersonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The UPS Store (Hendersonville, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Franchise owner asked which copy of Adobe CS I used, but never asked for a portfolio. I was questioned about printing experience. I was hired, but there was a TOTAL DISCONNECT in what was described and what they had me do...there was 0 graphic design work to be done. I believe they snowed me to get a packing person in for the holidays. I was told I wouldn't do anything BUT packing boxes until after the holidays...

Interview Questions

• Which Adobe CS Suite I last used.   1 Answer

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The UPS Store (Buford, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Easy and straight to the point. Interviewer and I discussed my experience. I was asked if I would want to get notary license. I was one on one with recruiter and he was very nice. It was not a long interview at all and I was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem with Sundays off and one day during the week?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The UPS Store (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

This was for a position in 2016 for a southwest metro Portland, Oregon area location which is owned by franchisees.

During more than 20 years of work I have never been more mistreated during the interview process.

I found the position posted on Indeed and applied via that website. That evening I received an invitation to interview the next morning. Who schedules an interview with just four (waking) hours’ notice? [Strike 1]

When I arrived at the interview, I learned they double-booked another interview for the same time as mine. [Strike 2]

The interviewer handed me a lengthy application even though I'd hurriedly completed a different application online. The application was not provided ahead of time as an email attachment nor as a link so it could have completed this additional paperwork before the interview. [Strike 3]

It requested information which most people do not bring to an interview. Also included were four supplemental questions which required forethought to properly respond. I completed the application to the best of my ability. I also believe it was inappropriate these days to request a SSN on first contact so I left that blank. A good and informed employer will never ask you to provide your SSN until it is required for government forms, which is after an offer has been made and you have accepted.

When I told the interviewer I did not have all the requested information with me, she _refused_ to proceed with the interview without a fully-completed application! Apparently my time has zero value. [Strike 4]

She told me she would email me a URL for the application within one hour. Why wasn't this done when the interview was offered? One hour passes, then two, then four -- still no application link. She apparently cannot follow-through on her commitments. [Strike 5] I call the store and leave a reminder message with an employee.

About eight hours later I received the link. Due to so much necessary copy/paste and the supplemental questions, I spent over two hours completing the application and then submitted it.

Within minutes of submission I received an automated rejection email from the interviewer. It's apparent she had already decided to reject me before she even sent me the link. She demonstrated no regard for having wasted another two hours of my time.

Looking back, it was clear I dodged a bullet. I spent more than four hours of my personal time jumping through this franchisee's hoops only to be abused. Employers complain about a "talent shortage", employee retention issues, and being unable to fill positions but I offer an alternative factor -- abusive employers like this. It's no wonder this franchisee has posted this specific position several times since I applied as well as many other postings -- the turnover must be very high if employees are treated similar to prospective employees.

If the interviewer is reading this, know you missed out on a very highly-qualified and experienced employee with superior customer service skills and would have contributed to your business far above expectations for a mere Sales Associate. I don't job-hop so you would not have had to replace me after three months as your frequent job postings suggest. Instead, you turned me away as an employee and also turned me away from continuing to be a customer.

Interview Questions

• Fill-out this application form though you already filled one out online and if you don't fill-in every question, I won't interview you.   1 Answer

Job Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The UPS Store.

Interview

the interview is a one on one with the owner of the the store. He has been in the business for a long time and knows what he is looking for. Its a customer based store so questions pertained to sales question and the ability to use the machines/computers in the store.

Interview Questions

• if an dissatisfied customer came in who do you handle it.   Answer Question

Part-Time Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Pedro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The UPS Store (San Pedro, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

After applying online I received a prompt response inquiring to confirm an interview time via email. The location was small and the interview was held in a makeshift office where a casual interview could likely be heard by both employees and customers alike. The interviewee was kind but straight to the point. The employers were looking for someone available to work all day during the weekends and during the busy hours of the week.

Interview Questions

• What are you available work hours?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The UPS Store (Clinton, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone, and they will not call you, you Have to call them . The 2nd interview was in person, and asked a lot of average and typical interview questions. Do not answer any questions about your kids, because she asked and they are not supposed to.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The UPS Store (Aiken, SC).

Interview

I went to the UPS Store to sell the store yearbook ads. The owner was so impressed with me he asked if he had an opening if I would be interested in applying for it. I told him I would be and about a week later he e-mailed me to come by and interview. I met with the manager and then later with the owner and I was offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The UPS Store (DeKalb, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job, was called and asked to come in the next day, was offered the job the day after that. The owner asked me what I felt I should be making and agreed to my hourly request.

Interview Questions

• What kind of life do you wish to have?   1 Answer

Digital Print Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kokomo, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The UPS Store (Kokomo, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

Laidback environment when interviewing. Quick interview, but helpful. The overall hiring process went pretty quickly; maybe a week or so. The hiring and interview process were not high stress in any manner.