The Walsh Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Walsh Group

2.5

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Walsh Group (New Orleans, LA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by safety supervisor then I went to a safety class the company provides. From there I was introduced to the active supervisors I'm the field and office staff. Was giving my PPE (safety equipment/gear). The interview was conducted in the large conference room and was a awesome successful possess for me and the interviewer!

Interview Questions

• Have I worked with equipment   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just be patient pay attention; with knowledge of the job; smile and be polite.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Walsh Group.

Interview

My interview was over the phone, she asked me questions about my past experience and why I chose this carrier. She also asked about my expectation in this company, and how I can achieve that.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose civil engineering?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Walsh Group (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a brief phone interview. I had to apply online as well. The online portion had a personality quiz which took a very long time to complete.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Walsh Group (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was simple for this company. I met a recruiter at a career fair held on my campus in the Fall 2016. The recruiter asked me to fill out some basic paperwork and then I received an email asking me to fill out a behavioral examination. Within a few days I was scheduled for a phone interview. Due to miscommunication between the interviewer and myself, the interview process took roughly 2 months, which was longer than necessary. Overall the misunderstanding was resolved and the interview and interviewer were very pleasant to speak with.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work at our company?   1 Answer

I found a position that suited me more to my personality and overall career goals. It was a tough decision between the two opportunities I was given.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Walsh Group (Tampa, FL) in October 2018.

Interview

Did the application back in August 2018 and received an email two months later about a phone interview. The phone interview was in which the recruiter asked me questions about my resume (no behavioral questions). She told that I wold be contacted a week later about an in person interview in Miami (which I'm close to) but ended up going to the Regional Office in Tampa. The other interns along with my self met with eight regional managers in which we had quick 3 minute interviews like speed dating. I got an offer a few days later.

Intern Interview

Interview

Met a company rep at a job fair. Received a phone interview asking things about my resume. Questions from the phone interview were fairly straight forward. Asked things like tell me about xyz on my resume. What are my favorite/least favorite classes in college and why? Why construction?

After the phone interview I got a call for an in person interview. The interview event consisted of a presentation, lunch, and then interviews with about 6 company employees. Rotated for one on one interview with them, each lasting about 15 minutes. Asked questions about my education, my work experience, my preferences in the field, and behavior questions. Some questions included describe a time when you worked as a group and things didnt work out so well. Describe a time when you were a leader and there was a problem. Whats an ideal work environment? Why is integrity important?

Interview Questions

• How do you manage people who are much older and have been in the industry much longer than you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I met them at a career fair and they emailed me back for a phone interview. the interview was pretty easy but i didn't hear back from them for a while.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Walsh Group (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. Was very easy, talked about work experience and school, etc. Follow up in person interview was straight forward, the person interviewing me didn't subject me to the usual lame interview questions. A great experience all in all. The interviewer was very helpful in explaining career paths typical for Walsh and how he coaches his team specifically.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Walsh?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Walsh Group (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Very simple phone interview. Typical behavioral questions. The interview was more of a casual conversation about past experiences. After the phone interview, I received an offer about 2 or 3 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. Just simple name a time when....   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Walsh Group (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

Typical interview with two HR representatives. Reviewed resume, and went through my previous work experience in the industry. Was asked about willingness to travel. After a quick review, the conversation turned more casual. They are mostly looking to see if you are a good culture fit within the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer