The Washington Post Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 117 of over 117 interviews

Recruiter10%
Employee Referral10%
HardAverageEasy

Application

Interview

The initial interview with the Recruiter was very pleasant. However, the interview with the Manager and a member from her team was awful! They both gave off an arrogant and unfriendly vibe. The questions had absolutely nothing to do with the role. The interview was so long and drawn out, that I lost interest in talking with these two individuals.

Interview Questions
  • STAR based questions on a bunch of nonsense.
    Answer Question

Application

Interview

Four steps in this process: 1. Basic phone screen with interviewer. 2. Zoom interview with potential manager. More of a personality interview with a few tech related questions. Overall a good interview. 3. Short simulated task of writing a Python script. Gave me four hours to do it, but could get it done in half the time. 4. Zoom interview with potential manager's manager. Decent interview, but wasn't used to this guy's style of interviewing. Didn't get an offer in the end, but a good process regardless.

Interview Questions
  • Write a script to automatically move Dropbox files before a certain date.

The Washington Post

Application

I interviewed at The Washington Post

Interview

Fairly standard interview process, after applying I heard back within two weeks and had a phone interview. I did not hear back but the woman was very polite. I was notified shortly after that they had filled the position with someone else.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Washington Post

Application

I interviewed at The Washington Post

Interview

It was pretty extensive: 8 interviews, some of which had multiple editors. No lunch break because the timing couldn't be worked out. The job seemed to have changed between when I applied for it and when I interviewed for it, and it's not sour grapes when I say by the end of the day I was 95 percent sure I didn't want it.

Interview Questions
  • They weren't crazy. There was one about enterprise journalism.

The Washington Post

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Washington Post

Interview

First round with recruiter on the phone, interview was a Behavioral interview with the tech manager and QA lead. note: Scope of the interview went beyond posted job description. Got the technical questions correct which were sandwiched between behavioral questions. Never heard from them even after reaching out. Be ready to bring your best because they are picky.

Interview Questions
  • Published works on Github Difficult situations Positive impacts made Java commands Selenium scripts

The Washington Post

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Washington Post in Mar 2022

Interview

I Had a screening call with hiring person, where we went over generic questions and he told me more about the position and interview. I then had an interview scheduled for the next day. Had about an hour long interview with the Producer.

Interview Questions
  • Situational interview questions, where she asked me about different times I dealt with conflict or problem solving.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Washington Post (New York, NY) in Feb 2022

Interview

60 minute intro phone call and light technical screen (Javascript, Java) with the engineering director 30 minute phone call with the recruiter to discuss the position, work experience, and answer questions

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Arc XP?
  • Give an example of your most recent or relevant work experience and how it relates to the work you would do at Arc XP.
  • Explain various technical concepts (null vs undefined, promises, async await, try catch finally, MVC, recursion, polymorphism, static and final keywords, SQL vs NoSQL databases)
  • Describe your experience with Agile and CI/CD.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yo

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Yo) in Feb 2022

Interview

after 2nd round, I did not hear from them for 3 weeks and after continuous follow-up, the recruiter emailed me that they did not choose me. y feedback1st - A general recruiter round and he gave some take-home assignments to be presented in the next round. 2nd - I presented the case in front of two interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • The interviewers in the presentation asked some basic questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Washington, DC) in Feb 2022

Interview

My recruiter rescheduled an hour before our scheduled call, and then didn't show up to the rescheduled call. I had to reach out and he rescheduled again, and was late to the 3rd scheduled call. Interview was average, I did not feel like I was being seriously considered for the role, and felt that my time was not respected by this company.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your background, when are you available to start

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Washington, DC) in Feb 2022

Interview

15 min phone screen with Recruiting Consultant, 45 min technical interview (zoom) with the team leader. The technical interview includes Intros, Resume review, 1 or 2 coding exercises. There might be another 45 min technical interview with the team.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your experience. Describe your related project.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 117 Interviews

The Washington Post Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at The Washington Post as 52.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.04 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Editor and Software Engineer(Internship) rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Product Designer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at The Washington Post takes an average of 21 days when considering 125 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for IOS Developer had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Full Stack Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 37 days).

Common stages of the interview process at The Washington Post according to 125 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 25.96%