The Washington Post Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Human Resources Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with HR. Following that I had a in person interview with the hiring manager. For the final interview, I met with the HM and the team.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Washington Post.

Interview

Email, phone, phone, in person. The HR recruiter missed the first call, I followed up and we rescheduled. The recruiter seem to be unprepared or just didn't want to be there, like if they were doing me a favor instead of looking for a good fit for the company. After that, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and was called in for an in person interview. I accepted a different offer. The HR employee left me with a bad impression in general.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview with hiring manager then move on to the next level of management. Questions center around projects you have worked on or results you have achieved. For focused on action and results.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group setting and contributed to the outcome?   Answer Question

Social Media Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Washington Post (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and had one employee referral. One in-person interview, one over the phone and one writing test. Total 3 "rounds" of steps in the interview process. About a month long process. It would have been longer, including writing a “report” on analyzing social and audience data, if I progressed further into the interviewing process. Overall, a fine interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle social in a breaking news situation?   Answer Question

Utility Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Springfield, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was average. The hiring process wasn't so bad. They did a background check and the results took a few days to come back. Then I had to do a urinalysis drug test at a clinic around the corner. That process took about an hour. Then I had to go back to the Post to do a hearing test.

Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

From the moment I saw the posting, applied, got my first follow up email, first phone screen, single 4 hour interview and finally offer, it took three weeks!

Interview Questions

• Behavior Based interview and an Assessment test that's directly tied to the Job.   1 Answer

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview that was somewhat technical. I felt like things went well and got good feedback. I was told by my recruiter that they then wanted to bring me in for an in person interview, and a day later received a call from their recruitment staff which told me to be ready for an in person interview in two days and my recruiter would get back to me with the details. Then nothing. I made time for the agreed upon time while waiting for the details ... big mistake on my part. Then I get an email saying the in person has been canceled.

I get not moving forward with a candidate but do not schedule an interview and then cancel completely that is wholly unprofessional. I guess considering all that I am glad I am not working there but still a painfully unprofessional experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked about what are some of the difficulties I ran into implementing Angular at an enterprise level.   Answer Question

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 5 interviews lasting for 6 weeks. First interview was a phone screen with the HR. Second interview was a technical phone interview with one of the Senior Engineers of the team. After these interviews, I was called for a 3 face-to-face interviews. The first interview was with the HR. Second interview was technical with the Hiring Manager. Third interview was with one of the Senior Engineers. The company got back with a response the very next day.

Interview Questions

• Technical Interview:
      Phone: Difference between id and class, Explain Threads, Client side vs Server Side rendering
      Face-to-Face: Design an LRU (Least Recenty Used) Cache, Given an array [[1,2,3], [4,5,6],[7,8,9], rotate it to obtain the following result [[7,4,1], [8,5,2], [9,6,3]].   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Washington Post in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR about two weeks later. We set up a phone interview for which the recruiter did not show up. He called me an hour later asking to reschedule. We rescheduled and set up an in person. The recruiter gave me an incorrect contact for security and they wouldn't let me up, and he didn't answer his phone or emails. Finally he got the messages and my interviewer came down to get me. The in person was great, they ask a series of questions that you have to respond to in a specific way (situation, solution, result).

I went on to a second interview which was over skype. The recruiter failed to tell me when it was and scheduled it without my knowledge, I would have missed it had I not followed up. The interview went as well as a skype interview can go, with the same questions from my first interview. I followed up with everyone and never heard back. I have friends who have also interviewed with the Post and had a similar experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you showed leadership

Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult person   Answer Question

Advertising Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Washington Post (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on company website. Had phone screen with recruiter and then set up in-person interview. Interviewers were 15 minutes late with no forewarning. In-person interview was panel style. Interviewers asked questions from a booklet. They didn't seem prepared. After in-person interview I never heard back from anyone in the company even after following up a few times.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did not demonstrate a technical skill well?   Answer Question