The Weitz Company LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Weitz Company LLC Interview Questions

2.3

Project Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Weitz Company LLC in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, after that I received an email to schedule a phone call, then I had a phone call during which a panel interview at Weitz's office was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions about tough situation I faced during my previous job (e.g., discuss a time when your integrity was challenged. How did you handle it?)   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at The Weitz Company LLC (Des Moines, IA) in January 2015.

Interview

Thorough and accessed by key position holders. Presented the culture and team environment from the beginning. Great team and leaders with real knowledge of the industry, company tenure is a big plus.

Interview Questions

• If there were any concerns about the potential amount of travel to required for the position.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Weitz Company LLC (Des Moines, IA) in December 2014.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions. Interviewer wasn't very personable and it wasn't a match. Culture doesn't seem to embrace creativity and ideas. The interviewer said "it's the marketers job to make things look pretty." Obviously some people believe that to be true, but if you do you don't know anything about marketing. I eliminated myself from consideration after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What software do you have experience with?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Weitz Company LLC in April 2014.

Interview

1:1 interview at university and called for second interview to the weitz company, Interviewed by project mangers and project engineers

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Weitz Company LLC (Denver, CO).

Interview

Submitted a resume, cover letter, work samples, and included a link to online portfolio.

Recieved a call less a pleasant phone interview with basic questions about my resume and work history. I was asked to come in for an interview.

I arrived at the office, no one was at the front desk so I waited until someone passed through and let them know I was there for an interview. They went back to the person interviewing me and she came forward to escort me to a conference room. She conducted the interview, basic questions, review of work history and experience. She was very personable, professional, and polite. I got a call me back in a day or two for another interview.

When I arrived a few days later - I interviewed with her and her Manager. They had me take an online personality test and bring my results to the second interview. He seemed very focused on the results of the test. I think it was the Jung Typology Test. My results indicated that I was a natural leader, but the role I was interviewing for would be a subordinate and he kept coming back to that, asking over and over if it was going to be an issue. I was interested in the job, but his attitude that I wouldn't be happy there, because of an online quiz, turned me off to the whole situation.

Interview Questions

• Main focus for Manager were the results of the personality quiz. He interupted me several times while I was giving work related answers to their questions, and wanted to know more about how I felt, and what I was thinking.   Answer Question

Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Weitz Company LLC (Des Moines, IA) in April 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my colleges career management portal after it was recommended to me by the college. I was contacted by email to set up a Skype interview. We conducted the Skype interview and at the end, I was invited to do an in person interview. I did the in person interview two days later and was offered the position at the interview.

Interview Questions

• There was not really a difficult or unexpected question. They were just standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Weitz Company LLC (West Palm Beach, FL) in February 2008.

Interview

The interview was very simple.. just asked about previous experience, and why I wanted to make a change.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated a little

Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Weitz Company LLC.

Interview

Very easy. The hr process was very typical. Not a lot of questions as I had temped with company for a couple months prior. Nothing very remarkable

Interview Questions

• Not really interviewed as I was hired from temp position   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Weitz Company LLC in January 2008.

Interview

After approaching the company several times I had a one on one interview with a lower lever manager that I could realistically expect to work under. The interview was one hour and consisted of many typical interview questions. I worked as a intern for 3 months at which point I was offered a job upon graduation 5 months later.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer outlined a difficult construction problem that involved a construction defect and displeased owner and asked how I would solve the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Applying for an intry level position I felt I was not able to negotiate my salary.