The Wine Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Shipping Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ripon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Wine Group (Ripon, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied a month ago. Had gotten an email to schedule an on site interview. The interview itself was pretty comforting. I was described the role as to what I applied for, got to ask a lot of questions, and was an overall conversation. Not your average, "So tell me a little bit about yoruself", kind of questions.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ripon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Wine Group (Ripon, CA).

Interview

After a phone screening, a interview was scheduled with the manager and team lead. Once I arrived I sat down with the team lead and started the interview, halfway through my interview with the team lead the manager walks in late..unapologetic, unprepared, and abruptly starts domineering the interview, often asking questions that were already answered, had he arrived on time. I've had job interviews to flip burgers that were more professional than this one.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you offer that are most relevant to this job?   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ripon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Wine Group (Ripon, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

One of two interviewers asked all of the questions, he took control and did not allow the other to speak after coming in late, in regards to my resume as well as of the company and if I understood what I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• What does allelopathy mean?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ripon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Wine Group (Ripon, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with 3 different people. One in operations, one in bottling, and the plant manager. They asked relatively basic questions about the resume and certain topics to make sure you had some common sense.

A Technical Support Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ripon, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Wine Group (Ripon, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

I went through a temp agency, a day later was told TWG wanted to schedule a phone interview (a Friday). Phone interviewed on Monday with Director and Manager. In-person interview, Tuesday. Got an offer Wednesday. Director on vacation til Thursday. Will update next steps.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ripon, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Wine Group (Ripon, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The second interview process was okay but there is a definite disconnect between older and newer workers. The company wants people who have been doing one job for years to start taking on more responsibility. This is often difficult to get them to do and they would have to hire younger more hungry workers. Not gonna happen and they need some help on this one.

Interview Questions

• How will you motivate those workers who have been around for years to do more?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Wine Group (Stockton, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by four individuals in a panel, discussed my experience, my perspective on management, my management style, requested examples to demonstrate my knowledge of the industry, and profession. They asked about my salary expectations. I requested information about the company, their values, culture, benefits. I asked about the department, people, relationships. I asked about the company software system being used.

Director of Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Wine Group (Livermore, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Standard process: Phone Screen, Manager phone screen, In person interview on-site. I felt like the interviews with the manager and the People Leader were fine but the HRBP's were a panel discussion with one remote - One of them asked good question but was a bit rude by interrupting. To me that was a red flag. The place seemed out of date and back in time.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite project you worked on?   Answer Question
    • When I mentioned a theory that I liked, she told me (to get a reaction) "Some people don't care for that theory, what would you say to that?   Answer Question
    • What was the most challenging project you worked on?   Answer Question
    • They must have asked me if I have any questions at least 20 times.   Answer Question

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ripon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at The Wine Group (Ripon, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Online apply followed by a phone screen with HR. Offered an in-person interview that I flew in for. Unfortunately the hiring manager was out that day. We followed up with a phone interview. They did reimburse me for travel, however I didn't feel like they respected my time or effort. A phone interview before having me travel would have avoided that.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an operator with a differing technical opinion.   1 Answer

Student Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ripon, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Wine Group (Ripon, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

First was a phone interview. Asked basic questions about my major and projects I have done. Next was a in person interview with my potential supervisor. Basic interview questions. Showed my portfolio/

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation