TheStreet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TheStreet Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2016

2.5

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TheStreet.

Interview

Met an HR manager, may have been the director, at a job fair. I already had a phone interview with them so we spoke about that. She decided to interview me there instead and said she would pass me onto the next level with an on-site interview. I sent a follow up email, but never heard back. Thought it was kind of lame to say she was absolutely interested, but then didn't even think to shoot me an e-mail saying they were going to go in a different direction. Bad practices for someone who attends university job fairs on behalf of the company.

Interview Questions

• What made you interested in HR?
      Whats your availability?

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TheStreet (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy, same interview you would get in any customer service positon. You meet with more than one person and after 2 days they called me to offer me the position, which I took.

Corporate Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TheStreet.

Interview

The telephone based interview was short, lasting only about fifteen minutes. The interviewer explained the basic requirements of the job, asked about my work experience, and explained that the only step was the telephone interview. A few weeks went before I heard that job went to another candidate, with no response to my email inquiries (even though I thought the interview went very well).

Interview Questions

• Explain your expertise; salary requirements; work history   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TheStreet.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted a few weeks later for a phone interview with the recruiter. We had a great conversation and she seemed to think I was definitely going to be moving onto the next stage with the qualifications I possessed. Another week went by and she emailed me asking for my availability for another phone interview, with the direct hiring manager. I provided her my availability and then never heard back again. Nothing.

The next week I provided my availability for the current time period, in case my prior availability didn't work. Never heard anything. Then I sent a final email asking very nicely if they were still interested. Nothing. Asking someone to set up an interview and then never responding again left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. At the very least, just send an email saying thanks but no thanks.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TheStreet in May 2015.

Interview

I just had one phone interview with one of the teams at TheStreet that was interested in hiring me. They asked a lot of questions and the interview was fairly long (15-20 minutes). I was offered the internship within a week and was given 3 days to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were:
      Q1) Past professional experience (if any)
      Q2) What do you do in your free time?
      Q3) Reason for the interest in their internship program.
      Q4) Extra-curricular achievements / Volunteer work / Leadership experience
      etc.

Video Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TheStreet (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Just a phone interview. The manager for the department called me, and we talked for about an hour or so. He was friendly, knew what he was talking about, and liked what he heard from me.

Interview Questions

• What news experience do you have?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TheStreet in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through a referral. I was interviewed by three different people over the phone, including two Human resource managers as well as my current manager. The interviewers were very professional and not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• What were your responsibilities at your *current job*?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TheStreet in March 2015.

Interview

very typical HR questions. What can do you to add value? Why do you want to work here? Walk me through your resume.... I applied with employee referral and it turns out much better than simply applying online.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TheStreet (New York, NY).

Interview

First I got two phone interviews about my experience and technologies I used before, also included some basic algorithm questions. After about one week they asked me to go onsite. Onsite interview are more on sql and java questions. It seems they are looking for full-stach engineers.

Interview Questions

• Phone interviews: Basic Java questions, MVC and Spring framework. Basic Front end questions. Basic algorithms: Merge Sort and search algorithm.

Ad Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TheStreet (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I met with my boss and then in early may was given the job fro the ad sales team. I was very excited to learn about a sector i had no idea about

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
TheStreet Human Resources Interview What made you interested in HR? Whats your availability?
TheStreet Customer Service Representative Interview New York, NY How would you handle customers who are rude?
TheStreet Corporate Counsel Interview Explain your expertise; salary requirements; work history
TheStreet Marketing Manager Interview Standard interview questions about past experience
TheStreet Summer Interview Some of the questions were: Q1) Past professional experience (if any) Q2) What do you do in your free time? Q3) Reason for the interest in their internship program. Q4) Extra-curricular achievements / Volunteer work / Leadership experience etc.
TheStreet Video Production Interview New York, NY What news experience do you have?
TheStreet Intern Interview What were your responsibilities at your *current job*?
TheStreet Intern Interview what do you know about the company
TheStreet Software Developer Interview New York, NY Phone interviews: Basic Java questions, MVC and Spring framework. Basic Front end questions. Basic algorithms: Merge Sort and search algorithm. Onsite: First, about SQL and database. Second, Java and J2EE stuff. Third, jQuery.
TheStreet Ad Sales Interview New York, NY What Is Ad Sales?