Things Remembered Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Things Remembered Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Things Remembered (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The application online was easy to fill out, and I got a call a few days later. During the interview, the manager was kind and interested in getting to know who I was. She was clear about her expectations for the store and answered questions honestly and accurately.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Things Remembered.

Interview

I applied online at the company website. Got called back 3 days later. Not an 'easy' interview, VERY situational based.
    They seemed to be very strict on the idea of hiring a year around worker with prior work experience (not summer like I had planned) but offered to interview for a seasonal position.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pen.   1 Answer
    • Describe your previous work experience. What responsibilities did you have?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you worked with a difficult customer. What did you do? what was the final result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Things Remembered (Cerritos, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very thorough, asked a lot of questions. Seemed to go on and on. Took around 30 minutes. Even did a customer role play at one point. Whole process took around a week

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Things Remembered (Miami, FL).

Interview

Quick. Basic retail questions. Met at mall in food court. Lasted about 15 minutes. Nothing difficult. Was friendly. Later was made an offer. The pay is poor for experience and did not accept.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Things Remembered (Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH).

Interview

Hiring manager didn't even shake my hand. The hiring manager stated that organization was a priority while her office was a complete mess. Also she ate in front of me during my interview. Last but not least they lied about an answer to an interview questions stating something I never said. Very unprofessional. Not a company I would want to work for.

Seasonal Engraver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Things Remembered (New York, NY).

Interview

very quick but awkward it was in the middle of the mall hallway. there were a lot of questions asked for the interview. but very basic questions. like name a time you made a customer happy. no exp needed for engraving just have customer service exp

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Things Remembered (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly informal. Longer than expected. The Assistant Manager was knowledgeable, but distracted as it is a one person per shift store. The AM had to run back and forth between me and the store.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Things Remembered (Santa Ana, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick, to the point, and casual. The interviewer likes a confident demeanor and a nice personality. With that being said, the interviewer does judge a person quickly and expresses their opinion of a candidate to another manager post-interview.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Things Remembered (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Quick process. Did a phone screening with District Manager. Asked overall experience, Availability. Then I was asjed to take an assessment test, most of it was a personality test. Then I interviewed one on one in person with the DM. I was offered the job over the phone in the same week, I counter offered the salary offered and she got back to me the next accepting my counter offer. The whole process took about a week.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Things Remembered (Fresno, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was kind of weird at first since the interview took place in front of everyone at the mall which I'm not use to but overall a good experience the AM was really nice. The questions were not too hard pretty basic. Interview lasted about 15 mins.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience, starting with your current or most recent employer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about how you would handle multiple customers at one time?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had an upset customer and how did you deal with the situation   Answer Question
    • What are your goals and how are you going to achieve them   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was pretty much a take it or leave it.