Things Remembered Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Things Remembered

2.2

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Twinsburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Things Remembered (Twinsburg, OH).

Interview

Extensive phone interview, face to face with several people in the department. Everything was great until I met with the VP of Human Resources. It was one of the worst experiences I've ever had. I'm not entirely sure how she works in HR. There is nothing personable or comforting about her. She was very rude and kept asking irrelevant questions. I am glad I did not pursue this position. I did notice the position opening up several times after it was filled and I am going to assume it was because of her.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me the names and titles of the people in your company? Draw me an organizational chart and map out names and what their job descriptions are.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Things Remembered.

Interview

Applied online and took about a few weeks for them to reach out, once they did we set up a date to do an in-person interview. The interview is with the store manager, the MIT, and the Assistant manager depending on who they have on staff. The interview takes place inside of the mall and the questions were very tough and situational mainly "tell me about a time when..." the questions are predetermined on a sheet and the interviewer will write down your responses to share with their district manager. You will be able to tell if you did a good job because they will talk to you more about the specifics with the job and let you know that their district manager will be calling for an over the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past leadership experiences   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you helped a customer find what they were looking for   Answer Question
    • Tell me about some of your past deadlines and how you dealt with them   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Things Remembered.

Interview

Pretty fair, easy questions, not too difficult, made me feel like he wanted to sell me to the company, gave me a tour of the store. I fell in love with the team's people skills although they lacked selling beahviors.

HR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Things Remembered (Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

You are send a series of test to take before they move you on in the interview process. The assessment consist of 4 different test.
      1. Personal view poiints test
    2. Critical thinking test
    3. Letter writing exercise
    4. PsiScan

Interview Questions

• Q: Basic questions were asked from my resume to clarify experience. Give your top 3 weakness and top 3 strengths. What do you like and dislike about your current role.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Things Remembered (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

You have to apply online. They call you for a phone screen then you interview in person. You interview with manager. They do a background check and you will need to pass Ana assessment test.

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Things Remembered (Winston-Salem, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

Came into the store, Store Manager asked me a series of questions and wrote down my answers. After I had an interview with the store manager, I had to have a phone interview with the district manager because I was applying for a management position. I have held interviews for the company and they are very laid back. The candidate comes into the store hopefully when it is not busy, and the manager asks the questions and writes down your answers to later score you. It's a simple 1 on 1 process.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you had a difficult customer. How did you handle the situation and how did you ensure that the customer left happy?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Things Remembered in April 2015.

Interview

I had a pleasant brief interview with the store manager and was called the next day for a second interview with the district manager. The second interview was odd and inappropriate. At one point the DM, an older lady, asked me several personal questions about my family, and at one point asked me, verbatim, if I "liked my stepfather"(??). The entire second interview lasted less than twenty minutes. I never heard back from her. Pay rate was terrible as well. $10.70 an hour for a full-time assistant manager is insulting.

Interview Questions

• If you love your job so much, why are you wanting to leave?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Things Remembered in July 2015.

Interview

Applied thru monster had an interview two days later. I had two managers interview me. Neither were managers at the store I was applying for. Interview was conducted in the food court at 1pm.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Things Remembered (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied on a Monday and received a call to come in on Thursday. I was interviewed by the Store Manager. It was simple questions about work experience and then we role played a bit. I had to sell him an item. I was then called back on Saturday to come in the next Thursday to meet with the District Manager. Again, just basic question and retail knowledge. I was then told I was getting a background check done. Friday morning I received an offer letter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Things Remembered.

Interview

I put in an application online on a Friday night, Saturday evening I got a phone call from the district manager setting up and interview that week. I interviewed with the store manager because the DM's plane was held over in Texas. He recommended me to the DM, she called we did the interview over the phone. I was basically told I had the job if I wanted it.

Interview Questions

• Different situations that could arise with employees and how you would handle them. How would you help the company get ahead.   Answer Question

Unfortunately the pay was decent (10.25 hr) but there wouldn't be enough hours to make it worth it. Assistants at this store only get 30 hours...I would have made enough to pay daycare and had nothing left.