ThinkGeek Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.4

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ThinkGeek (Fairfax, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

HR conducts a pre-screening (15 minutes), followed by a Phone interview with the Hiring Manager (30 minutes), finally an in person interview (3 hours)
    A little bummed because they ended up promoting from within after 3 long weeks.

Interview Questions

• describe your role and responsibilities at your previous job   Answer Question

ThinkGeek Response

May 4, 2017 – Employment Manager

We are sorry that we didn't have a role for you as well. However, as a company, we try to promote from within as much as possible. Please continue to apply for any role that you feel you would be a ... More

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ThinkGeek (Fairfax, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I did an initial phone interview and then was brought into the office for a formal interview about two weeks later.

The office interview was broken up into three parts: two one-on-one interviews and a panel interview. During the panel interview, I was given control of Twitter handle @ThinkGeekN00b for about 20 minutes to answer random questions from their customers (this also allowed me to see how people before and after me did during this part of the interview). I was given a laptop to use for this part and was allowed to look up anything that I didn't know on the internet.

Very few of the questions from the interviewers were about my qualifications, experience or work history. Most of it were random questions along the lines of "Do you prefer PC gaming or console gaming?" or "Would you rather watch Star Trek or Star Wars?", which I somewhat understand being a pop-culture company but not when all the questions are like that and no one seems interested in my actual credentials or ability to do the job. I definitely got the vibe that they were more interested in determining if I would be a cool person to hang out with, rather than if I was the right candidate to get the job done.

No one followed up with me after the interview or responded to my follow-ups. Emails sent asking if the position had been filled or asking about my application status were not returned. I eventually took no answer to be the answer.

Software Development Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online for this company. The recruiter sent a coding exercise which consisted a set of 5 perl programming questions and two separate exercise out of which one was to implement word count using perl and another was to design a database schema . Though I completed the exercises on time and correctly yet I wasn't called for interview

Perl Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ThinkGeek (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I was given a set of problems to code including write a Perl-based word count app, a web page to get data from TG's site and display the price, and a test with Perl's test suite. I sent everything in, and was invited to an interview online, which took a while to coordinate.

The interview itself was horrible in the sense that I was asked only a few questions (no more than three or four) by the senior devvers and then was handed back to the recruiter (who was completely pleasant through everything) to be declined for the position. The entire interview lasted less than 15 minutes and gave me a very bad taste for the company to the point where I look for alternative retailers before even buying from them.

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ThinkGeek (Fairfax, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

You will likely be asked questions about your teamwork skills, your interpersonal relations, your management style or your ability to work in a diverse environment. Review the job posting again and try to anticipate other likely areas of questioning, and prepare honest and concise answers that highlight relevant aspects of your work history and life experience. Remember that there may be questions you did not anticipate: when this happens, breathe and take a moment to think through your experiences to find the best answers.

On the day of the interview, dress appropriately and arrive early, calm and mentally prepared. Bring a list of references if you did not already include them in the resume you submitted. And, most importantly, don’t forget to relax and be yourself.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ThinkGeek (Fairfax, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone call..In person Interview..Hired. Everyone was nice and we did get to play with toys sometimes but overall it wasn't what everyone thinks it's going to be. Very corporate now but was once awesome

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ThinkGeek (Fairfax, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Sent resume in then I had a phone interview followed up with an in house interview with managment.

Interview Questions

• All the usual customer service bassed questions..how you deal with problem customers and problem employees etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate was a set rate per hour

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ThinkGeek in August 2009.

Interview

it was a simple 2 hr conversation & discussion.