Thomas Jefferson University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thomas Jefferson University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.5

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University in May 2017.

Interview

was not a bad phone call. they were honest from the beginning and thought i was qualified. They said that my past work experience is great. if i do a good job in the beginning they would offer a full time position.

Grants Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

HR interview was perfunctory; mostly reviewed benefits and University hiring requirements. Manager interview was very detailed and took quite a while. Job duties could have been clearer. There does not appear to be room for promotion in this position.

Medical Physicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was straightforward. People are really nice to talk to. Mostly focused on previous experience in clinical and research. No difficult technical questions. I gave a 30 min presentation.

Interview Questions

• Research experience. What do you see yourself in 5 years. Why Jefferson.   Answer Question

Grants Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I applied online and was quickly contacted by an HR representative. They set up an interview date and I met with 3 managers at once. The meeting was conducted in their offices and was professional and seemed pretty standard. It was only a one-step process, and I received an offer letter within the week. The whole process maybe took 2 weeks. I accepted their offer quickly and was very happy with what was offered.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever assisted in an application for federal funds? Do you know what uniform guidance is and how it could apply to this job?   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

After applying for the position online I received a phone call about the position about a month later. The administrative assistant set up the interview with me and was sweet as a button. Everyone else was not and I'd like to explain.

I arrived about 10 minutes prior to the interview and was shown to a small conference room full of breast feeding pump boxes. About the time the interview was supposed to start, one of the women I was supposed to be meeting with stopped in to heat up her lunch in the microwave that was in the conference room. So we have a first impression of an organization with the interviewers running late, being placed into an awkward room, and one of them making lunch.

When the interview began, about 10 minutes late, 2 of the 3 women acted like they didn't have a care in the world. One woman was chewing gum and although she tried to mask it it was obvious it was there. Another woman, and the gum chewing woman, were on their phones as well. I doubt it was about business as they were both smiling every time they looked up from their phones. Even if business was urgent you'd think that a 15-20 minute interview that was set up would mean that you just don't look at it for that period of time. I wondered if they were making comments about me or just talking about what was on TV that night? In my eyes it was rude and unprofessional that I took the time to dress and play the part and they didn't seem to care.

I then met with 2 other women who were a delight but they, along with the other prior 3, didn't seem like they were fit to handle an interview. There really wasn't much behavioral interviewing going on so I doubt they found much out about my background. I had emailed all of the people I had interviewed with a never received a response back. Only tonight, at 5pm on Easter, did the system give me back a reply.

It's hard to feel bad about the role as the entire time they stressed that HR was changing once again and it wasn't giving me a good feeling about the role or department.

Grad Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 professors who mostly talked about their projects and then asked me if I would be interested. Interviewed with dean. Also interviewed with a student. Went to lunch with a group of students at the end to discuss the overall school experience.

Medical Assistant- Non Certified Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Explained position and requirements meet and greeted coworkers and doctors and given tour of the company explanation if benefits, shown how operate machines, shown computer techniques and operating process and fill out application and tax forms take patients blood

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University (Phila, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was an in-house applicant since I already work at Jefferson in another department. I applied online. Jefferson's online application process is not very good, but I was called for an interview. I spoke with multiple people about the job. There was an odd handout about them asking for your references that I've never seen in other departments. It was in the School of Nursing. I was called and a time was arranged. Multiple people interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• One question stood out as absolutely bizarre. They asked me if I thought the job I was interviewing for was a job that could be done by one person at 40/week. (paraphrased)   1 Answer

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

After a brief phone interview, I was invited in for an in person interview. First I spoke with a representative from Human Resources. Our conversation was a typical "behavioral interview" that focused on the core competencies that the university as a whole is looking for. Then I had a longer, more specific interview with the admissions hiring team. I was also required to make an informational presentation about the University, and complete a writing sample. Overall the experience, while long and involved, was very friendly and relatively laid back.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted an online application the day the job was posted. HR contacted me about 2 weeks later to schedule an interview with the PI of the lab. HR did not interview me at all. The representative simply read the job description to me, asked for my salary requirements and scheduled the interview. My interview took place 2 days later. I spoke to the PI for about an hour. We had a very laid back conversation; he explained his lab's current research projects and we chatted about life in general. He then gave me a brief tour of his lab and I got to informally chat with two of his lab members. A few days after the interview HR contacted me again for reference and employment verification information.

Interview Questions

• I'd say my experience was more like a graduate school interview than a job interview. We had a casual conversation as opposed to an actual interview.   Answer Question