Thomas Jefferson University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Thomas Jefferson University

2.5

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

An interview process was not hard for me, because I already hold this position, and this is the contract position for a month at the department I was graduating from.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. Therefore, I was able to have an inside track on the hiring process and I went directly to the contact I would be working for. I still had to go through a basic interview with HR, but I was able to speak with the people I would be working with without a rigorous HR interview. I had a few phone interviews as well an in person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary. They wanted to offer me a couple thousand dollars less than I was hoping for, but I was able to negotiate up to what I wanted.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

After a brief phone interview, I was invited in for an in person interview. First I spoke with a representative from Human Resources. Our conversation was a typical "behavioral interview" that focused on the core competencies that the university as a whole is looking for. Then I had a longer, more specific interview with the admissions hiring team. I was also required to make an informational presentation about the University, and complete a writing sample. Overall the experience, while long and involved, was very friendly and relatively laid back.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University.

Interview

Jefferson is always hiring adjunct faculty. I met with one of the deans who was very nice. You are hired pretty quickly because they have classes year round. They ask the standard interview questions about your experience and availability. They had numerous options for days you could take students to the clinical setting.

Interview Questions

• The general questions:

Tell me about yourself, experience?   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University in May 2017.

Interview

was not a bad phone call. they were honest from the beginning and thought i was qualified. They said that my past work experience is great. if i do a good job in the beginning they would offer a full time position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University (Phila, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was an in-house applicant since I already work at Jefferson in another department. I applied online. Jefferson's online application process is not very good, but I was called for an interview. I spoke with multiple people about the job. There was an odd handout about them asking for your references that I've never seen in other departments. It was in the School of Nursing. I was called and a time was arranged. Multiple people interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• One question stood out as absolutely bizarre. They asked me if I thought the job I was interviewing for was a job that could be done by one person at 40/week. (paraphrased)   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

Initially interviewed by phone by one of the engineers on staff.
    A week later was an in person interview with a number of members on staff at one time. They ask you general interview questions at first. After that, they give a quick test on various technologies that they use there. If you pass the test, you get to meet with the hiring director to discuss salary requirements, etc.

The area they work in doesn't seem all that great, very small cubes, kind of old and run down. The employees seemed happy though, and everyone was upbeat.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult problem / incident from your current job and what you did to overcome it.   1 Answer

Grad Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 professors who mostly talked about their projects and then asked me if I would be interested. Interviewed with dean. Also interviewed with a student. Went to lunch with a group of students at the end to discuss the overall school experience.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

After applying for the position online I received a phone call about the position about a month later. The administrative assistant set up the interview with me and was sweet as a button. Everyone else was not and I'd like to explain.

I arrived about 10 minutes prior to the interview and was shown to a small conference room full of breast feeding pump boxes. About the time the interview was supposed to start, one of the women I was supposed to be meeting with stopped in to heat up her lunch in the microwave that was in the conference room. So we have a first impression of an organization with the interviewers running late, being placed into an awkward room, and one of them making lunch.

When the interview began, about 10 minutes late, 2 of the 3 women acted like they didn't have a care in the world. One woman was chewing gum and although she tried to mask it it was obvious it was there. Another woman, and the gum chewing woman, were on their phones as well. I doubt it was about business as they were both smiling every time they looked up from their phones. Even if business was urgent you'd think that a 15-20 minute interview that was set up would mean that you just don't look at it for that period of time. I wondered if they were making comments about me or just talking about what was on TV that night? In my eyes it was rude and unprofessional that I took the time to dress and play the part and they didn't seem to care.

I then met with 2 other women who were a delight but they, along with the other prior 3, didn't seem like they were fit to handle an interview. There really wasn't much behavioral interviewing going on so I doubt they found much out about my background. I had emailed all of the people I had interviewed with a never received a response back. Only tonight, at 5pm on Easter, did the system give me back a reply.

It's hard to feel bad about the role as the entire time they stressed that HR was changing once again and it wasn't giving me a good feeling about the role or department.

Hospitalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

Got interviewed by 2 people. Both were very professional. Interviews were conducted in a relaxed environment. Asked basic questions. Then had lunch with the other hospitalists. They all seemed happy about the job. Everyone gave an honest review of the program. All my questions were answered in detail and honestly. Met some other faculty members. They also gave me a tour of the place. Overall it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me whats one advice you give to your residents about patient interaction?   1 Answer