Thoratec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thoratec Interview Questions

2.7

Interview

There was no real interview. Our engineering group was acquired through a business takeover and the employees were hired automatically. A formal interview process would probably have been better so that the prospective employee can have a glimpse at his/hers new employer's thinking and culture before automatically rolling over into the new company.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thoratec (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, followed by hiring manager. Two follow-up rounds in-person. First one to meet with managers and directors in marketing followed by a meeting with VP. Very smart team. Questions included 5 yrs goal, long-term goal, walk me through your resume, weakness, strength, how would you define value proposition of Thoratec business

Interview Questions

• how would you define value proposition of Thoratec business   Answer Question

Offer was very promising. Team is very smart. Great leadership/management. I had another offer that aligned with my long term goal.

Senior Firmware Engineer (R&D) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thoratec (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by their in-house recruiter and had a short phone interview.
    About 10 days later had a phone interview with the head of the firmware group.
    In-house interview was scheduled about 2 weeks later.
    In-house interview went from 10am till 3pm and included lunch.
    Interviewed 30-45 minutes with several members of the team.
    All interviewer were prepared and easy to talk to.
    Most questions were based upon the understanding my background and experience.

Overall, a very pleasant interview experience.

Also, received notice about 2 weeks after the in-house interview that they had selected another candidate. Disappointing, but its nice to know the results.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were based upon the understanding my background and experience.
      Not any real detailed technical questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thoratec (Burlington, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

They work with an agency to find people, the interviews were very well run. Interviewers were up-front with what they were looking for and their expectations. The process took an extended amount of time, mostly because it fell around summer vacations and scheduling time with everyone was difficult. Feedback was quick and genuine.

Interview Questions

• What's your dream job with a company like this.   1 Answer

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thoratec (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

The usual phone screening than onsite interview. Everybody is very professional. Questions are mostly technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, offer was fair.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thoratec.

Interview

I applied to Thoratec because I felt that the company was a good fit considering my experience with VADs. After submitting my resume, I was contacted by phone by an HR rep in California. They then decided to bring me in (at their expense) for an interview in Burlington, MA. After interviewing with about 5 people, all signs were pointing to an offer. Weeks turned to months without a response (as I continued to hound them for answers). HR in California was extremely irresponsible and unresponsive to phone and e-mail inquiries. Finally, after speaking to HR several times in person and requesting status updates, I got a short, heartless response by e-mail telling me that the job was offered to someone else. Very disappointed with both the outcome and the lack of professionalism displayed by the staffing with Thoratec.

Interview Questions

• All questions mostly stemmed from my resume. I was prepared to talk about most of the questions asked to me.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thoratec in March 2012.

Interview

Great people and a fair, decent process.

Interview Questions

• What are the hurdles in your current job and how do you overcome them?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Thoratec in September 2011.

Interview

HR followed up promptly upon submitting my application online. Phone interview was scheduled, a week after the phone interview the company hadn't gotten back to me. Called two weeks after the interview still no decision had been reached and no response on further inquiries.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thoratec in August 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was straightforward.

Interview Questions

• How can you conduct a unit test on software written in assembly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations were conducted.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thoratec in February 2011.

Interview

Fairly straight forward. Description of experience and how it applies to their mission.

Interview Questions

• How would you drive referrals into implanting centers   1 Answer