Thorntons (UK) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thorntons (UK) Interview Questions

Interviews at Thorntons (UK)

2.3

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thorntons (UK) in July 2018.

Interview

Did online application form and got invited to an interview within 3 days it was a relaxed interview the manager and assistant manager interviewed me they were really friendly and give me more information on what a senior assistant was it’s basically a supervisor position.

My advice would be don’t be nervous my interview was very relaxed and the employers interviewing me were lovely just be chatty and smile and don’t forget to give eye contact also look over questions and answers 1-2 days before your interview (good luck)

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thorntons (UK) (Birmingham, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was friendly and informal. Good questions were asked to cover my previous work experience and how they would apply to the role. Maths test wasn’t too difficult hpwever didn’t feel it was necessary for the position as maths is rarely used.

Interview Questions

• Example of good customer service   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thorntons (UK) (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

maths and english quiz
    shop floor sampling
    face to face interview

first was a face to face interview asking the usual questions this was then followed by a maths and english test nothing very hard after this it was an interaction sampling session to determine customer service skills

Resourcing Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alfreton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thorntons (UK) (Alfreton, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Very quick, met with a member of the team in the head office for a competency based interview. Then a second stage with the hiring manager. All in all, it took approximately one week from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• As a recruiter for retail, what is the most important thing to get absolutely right?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thorntons (UK) in February 2015.

Interview

Was told about job role more in-depth, contract, etc; asked standard questions, i.e. about experience, flexibility with working hours, etc. As part of the job involves personalising certain products, I was asked to try icing a product and gift-wrapping a box to give me an idea of some of the work involved.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thorntons (UK) (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online through indeed and was offered an interview a few days later for the next week. I had a 20 minute interview with the assistant manager. Simple interview questions, asked to give lots of examples of times you've demonstrated certain skills eg. worked in a team, went the extra mile for someone, had to meet a deadline etc. Was offered the job there and then.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you went the extra mile to help someone?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thorntons (UK) (Preston, North West England, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Just some brief questions, as well as chocolate tasting and how you would describe it to a customer who asked what it tasted like. Talk about how you would upsell at the tills.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thorntons (UK) (Preston, North West England, England (UK)) in May 2019.

Interview

Appropriately laid back with some easy but thought-provoking questions to get you into the mindset of an employee working at Thorntons. Was given a brief presentation & trial of wrapping chocolate boxes & icing letters. Plenty of pleasant conversation during the interview process as well as some laughs; it was a very memorable interview honestly.

Interview Questions

• Please introduce yourself & tell us 1 interesting thing about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Thorntons?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe the taste of this chocolate to a customer?   Answer Question
    • I'm looking for a gift for ________ , which product would you recommend?   Answer Question
    • What's your biggest achievement so far?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe great customer service & can you name a company who offers that?   Answer Question
    • What elements make up for a great team within a company?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you were part of a successful (or unsuccessful) team   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tillicoultry, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thorntons (UK) (Tillicoultry, Scotland (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I walked into the store with a CV in hand on the off chance they were looking as i was recently let go from a long term job. I spoke to the manager for a few minutes and she asked me to enter the back office for a sit down interview. As long as you're dressed nice with a smile on your face and some confidence you will get an interview at Thorntons. They're easy to please

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about the company?   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alfreton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thorntons (UK) (Alfreton, England (UK)).

Interview

Two stage interview conducted with functional head and HR representative. Second stage involved a presentation and meeting with directors. HR team came across as unprepared and lacking knowledge of role specifics. Brief tour of site was offered but declined. Each stage covered similar territory but second stage required the presentation to be delivered informally sitting down

Interview Questions

• How would I change the embedded ways of working   1 Answer