Ticketfly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ticketfly Interview Questions

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ticketfly.

Interview

The interviewer called on time. We discussed my background and then jumped into a design question and then a coding question. We had 10 mins in the end for my questions. The interviewer was clear in explaining the questions but it was difficult to gauge what was he expecting during brainstorming the design question.

Interview Questions

• Design a realtime analytics system for ticketing   Answer Question
    • Given string write code that generate the output

aaaabbb -> b
      aaabbbcccdd -> abc
      abc -> abc
      aabbbccdda -> ba
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ticketfly.

Interview

Interviewed through a referral but took them over two weeks to be contacted by someone when I was informed to hear from someone within the first week. Then when I was finally contacted, it was communicated as if they stumbled upon my resume rather than through a referral. When arrived at the interview, I only spoke with two people and that was it.

No tour of the office.
    No introduction about the company.
    Nothing.

If this is how they interview with other candidates, it definitely is a reflection of the company and I am not impressed by them at all.

Marketing Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ticketfly in January 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for Ticketfly after submitting an application for the position. Went through one phone interview with said recruiter. I then was scheduled for another phone interview, but this time with the person which would be my immediate superior.

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ticketfly.

Interview

They have two people from customer support (managers) and one person from HR interview you. It lasted about 45 minutes. Don't bother applying if you aren't a "music nerd." I felt that I did really well at the interview, had great experience in customer support, and was friendly and confident. The only possible reason I can think of as to why I didn't get the job is because I hadn't been to a concert in a long time. So if you've been too cash-strapped to go to concerts, or too busy with school or a career or having kids, you're out of luck. It's all right, because the starting pay really stinks for this kind of work.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ticketfly (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Apply linkedin, then Hr arrange Phone interview, I passed it. They quickly gave feedback and fly me to San Francisco.

Then onsite four round interview about 4 hours.

Small company, people are nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is good if you are looking for startup.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Mismanaged and completely unprofessional team. Engineers were very mediocre. The interviewers don't have a common vision of what they are looking for in the new hire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ticketfly (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online for Java Senior developer position and their interview process is fast. Phone screen had no technical questions only conversation on what were the roles and responsibility in the current project. what your looking for in the new role. Later after couple of days was called in for in person 4 hrs interview . In the end they said they are looking for someone experienced in scala!!!

Interview Questions

• 1) Implementation of a method that will return the list of available tickets in the system given input as number of tickets.
      2) Further how can you implement a method that gives best match
      3) Pascal triangle recursion function.
      4) implement interface given some case of jsp and servlet page.
      Answer Question

Project Lead, Web Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ticketfly.

Interview

Relatively relaxed phone screening with HR "generalist". Didn't ask really ask tough questions, but did ask for my salary range (which caught me off guard).

Senior Engineer Interview

Interview

Very smooth and straight forward. Phone screen followed by in person and a homework MVC application.

Interview Questions

• Nothing off the regular computer science, and culture fit questions.   Answer Question

Client Success Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ticketfly (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was an incredibly positive experience. I applied online and received a call within about 2 days from a recruiter who asked me a few questions about my experience and then set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager called me on time for the interview and the chat was very natural. She asked me some behavioral questions, but mostly wanted to know about my experience and projects I've worked on. They asked me to come in for an in-person interview which consisted of two 1 hour interviews with the VP of People, the VP of Operations and then a final meeting with the Hiring Manager and the VP of Operations to present my ideas for the role, since it was a new position at the time.

It was a great fit and they ended up hiring me for the position.