Ticketfly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ticketfly Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ticketfly (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Spoke to the recruiter, then had 2 phone screens (because I was being considered for 2 different positions) . Cleared both of those, and was invited onsite. Met with 4 people onsite including the hiring manager from one team.
    One interview focused on my past experience , technologies used , agile working methodology etc. There were no technical questions asked in this one. The second one involved a whiteboard coding question. It was a good question, but was very coding intensive, not sure if it was the ideal one to be done on a whiteboard.
    In the third round, I was asked some SQL , then was shown a piece of (groovy) code, and asked to point out design flaws in it. Last round with the hiring manager involved a design question and another whiteboard coding problem.
    Overall, seemed to be a good team and I got some good interview experience.
    I would have appreciated a lunch break or so, especially since the interviews started at 10 am and went on after 2 pm

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview was relaxed and informative. The expectations of the work were laid out clearly. I walked away with a good understanding of the company culture and the work entailed.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you excelled in a previous job.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ticketfly in January 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process was pretty unprofessional. The recruiter no showed on my initial phone interview and asked to reschedule it when I e-mailed asking if we were still on. Weeks went by with no updates. I was invited on site to interview with a team of people. Two people didn't even show up. They rushed me in and rushed me out. Two days later I got a 2 sentence e-mail telling me I didn't get it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ticketfly.

Interview

The interviewer called on time. We discussed my background and then jumped into a design question and then a coding question. We had 10 mins in the end for my questions. The interviewer was clear in explaining the questions but it was difficult to gauge what was he expecting during brainstorming the design question.

Interview Questions

• Design a realtime analytics system for ticketing   Answer Question
    • Given string write code that generate the output

aaaabbb -> b
      aaabbbcccdd -> abc
      abc -> abc
      aabbbccdda -> ba   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ticketfly.

Interview

Interviewed through a referral but took them over two weeks to be contacted by someone when I was informed to hear from someone within the first week. Then when I was finally contacted, it was communicated as if they stumbled upon my resume rather than through a referral. When arrived at the interview, I only spoke with two people and that was it.

No tour of the office.
    No introduction about the company.
    Nothing.

If this is how they interview with other candidates, it definitely is a reflection of the company and I am not impressed by them at all.

Marketing Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ticketfly in January 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for Ticketfly after submitting an application for the position. Went through one phone interview with said recruiter. I then was scheduled for another phone interview, but this time with the person which would be my immediate superior.

Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ticketfly.

Interview

They have two people from customer support (managers) and one person from HR interview you. It lasted about 45 minutes. Don't bother applying if you aren't a "music nerd." I felt that I did really well at the interview, had great experience in customer support, and was friendly and confident. The only possible reason I can think of as to why I didn't get the job is because I hadn't been to a concert in a long time. So if you've been too cash-strapped to go to concerts, or too busy with school or a career or having kids, you're out of luck. It's all right, because the starting pay really stinks for this kind of work.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ticketfly (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Apply linkedin, then Hr arrange Phone interview, I passed it. They quickly gave feedback and fly me to San Francisco.

Then onsite four round interview about 4 hours.

Small company, people are nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is good if you are looking for startup.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Mismanaged and completely unprofessional team. Engineers were very mediocre. The interviewers don't have a common vision of what they are looking for in the new hire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ticketfly (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online for Java Senior developer position and their interview process is fast. Phone screen had no technical questions only conversation on what were the roles and responsibility in the current project. what your looking for in the new role. Later after couple of days was called in for in person 4 hrs interview . In the end they said they are looking for someone experienced in scala!!!

Interview Questions

• 1) Implementation of a method that will return the list of available tickets in the system given input as number of tickets.
      2) Further how can you implement a method that gives best match
      3) Pascal triangle recursion function.
      4) implement interface given some case of jsp and servlet page.   Answer Question