Tidewater Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tidewater Community College Interview Questions

1.5

Testing Center Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tidewater Community College (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

The interview process was quick and painless. It was held with the immediate supervisor only as and not a group of people, in a comfortable non-threatening atmosphere. The interview was relaxed yet professional. It was a short period before I was offered a position, however it was some time before I actually began working. The position was a state position and required background checks and the like but the interview process itself was short and sweet.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was about my daily availability.   1 Answer

Financial Aid Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tidewater, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tidewater Community College (Tidewater, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Relatively haphazard with much delayed response that displayed little respect for experience or credentials. Directions to interview very sketchy. The entire process was characterized by amateurish questions and behaviors. I am professional here with an advanced degree for what was advertised as a professional position but was treated as a clerical interviewee for this professional position...interview expenses not paid. I don't want to appear to be bitter here in that i know not everyone is suited for positions for which they interview, however, in more than three decades of management in higher education and interviewing for only 3 positions prior to this search( and an average tenure of more than 11 years each in previous positions of employment) , I would rate this search process as a "1" on a scale of 1-5 where "1" would be characterized as "poor" and "5'" as "excellent."

Adjunct Professor Interview

Interview

To be hired with this company all I did was emailed the head of the department and I was told to come in and fill out the hiring packet. There was no interview process.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tidewater Community College (Chesapeake, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

I spent 30 minutes talking with the program head. Then I had the job. I was already working for the college in a different department, so I am sure that helped.

Interview Questions

• Being a student, how long was I planning on staying in this position?   1 Answer

Vice President for Student Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tidewater Community College (Norfolk, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

4-5 Interviews. Hiring process was quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• Have you been in charge of developing institutional polices?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was acceptable, so there was no negotiation.