Tom James Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tom James Company Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2018

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tom James Company.

Interview

3 interviews:
    1. Phone call under 30 minutes with a recruiter from HR
    2. Face Time under an hour with leader of the office and my potential leader
    3. All day field ride for two days

Interview Questions

• They really just want to get to know your personality and know that you're ambitious and friendly.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitewater, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tom James Company (Whitewater, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone call with corporate. Next was office management. super easy process, you basically just talk with someone on the phone about yourself and what you do/what your plans and goals are for the coming years

Interview Questions

• What are your top 5 most important goals   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tom James Company (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview
    1:1 Interview & Follow Day where I went out into the field with a sales rep & assisted them with their daily tasks including making calls, visiting clients, scheduling appointments, tailoring clothes, attending meetings, etc.

Interview Questions

• Someone who was influential in my life>?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Falls, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tom James Company (Cedar Falls, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

Standard interview, nothing that was out of the ordinary or meant to make you feel pressured or trick you. The guy that I had was very nice and down to earth, you could tell he wanted to make a connection with me instead of just beat me down with questions.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tom James Company.

Interview

I had a couple phone interviews and was preparing for a Skype interview before a final in-person; that's as best as I could tell because the interview process ended pretty abruptly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tom James Company (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Had an hour long initial phone conversation and then went for two follow days and on the first one day I was taken to dinner. I rode with two different sales professionals and got to see what my day to days would look like.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable working with executives to provide for their needs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tom James Company (Tulsa, OK) in January 2010.

Interview

Several field rides in various cities to connect with the local representatives. The interview goes both ways and they are very candid with candidates. Realistic expectations are given throughout the process. Candidates get to meet everyone in the office and see how each person works as well as attend office morning training meetings.

Interview Questions

• Working in the field with a sales leader meant seeing real clients face to face. It can be intimidating to not wear a custom suit and shirt the first time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Become very familiar with the compensation structure--this is very important to understanding how to achieve the type of lifestyle you want. Too many people don't understand this, yet it's crucial.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

I met a recruiter at an interview and proceeded to have two phone interviews. The first one was strange because the first recruiter coached me to succeed in my second interview. After this they fly you out to the office of your choice to shadow the salespeople for a day.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of personal questions when they fly you out. It seems like they want to get to know you better as a person to see how you'll fit in with the team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tom James Company (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Basic phone conversation in the beginning. Not really an interview, more of a introduction and then set up a time for me to go up and follow. Followed a sales rep for half the day. Went back a month later and met the District Manager and had a more formal interview. Went up a few weeks later for another follow day.

Sales Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tom James Company.

Interview

Skype interview. One on one Shadow. Go over how pay scale works in the most dishonest way possible. Will either offer you a position and sign same day or not.