Tom James Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tom James Company Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2018

2.6

Professional Clothier Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tom James Company.

Interview

Casual; phone interview with re-recruiter. She called exactly when she said she would. The interview did not take long, and she only asked me three or four questions. She was very open and honest with me when I shared my concerns about having to go out and find my own clients.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be your biggest challenge working for Tom James?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tom James Company (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Very positive interview. They first start with a phone call from one of their sales recruiters and then a ride along day from 7:15-5:30 taking you through the typical day of a sales professional. They really get a chance to get to know you. They look for people with high integrity, character, and willingness to work hard. Within the first 5 mins of the morning meeting, I knew I wanted to be apart of the team. Tom James employees treated me so nicely and wanted me to feel comfortable so I could really open up. This is not your typical interview. It's how all interviews should be conducted. All in all if you're a good person and show you can be held accountable you will be fine.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was very easy going but a long day. I interviewed on the phone, then in person for an entire day and a half. I shadowed numerous people getting a large outlook on what the day to day is like from different people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tom James Company.

Interview

3 interviews:
    1. Phone call under 30 minutes with a recruiter from HR
    2. Face Time under an hour with leader of the office and my potential leader
    3. All day field ride for two days

Interview Questions

• They really just want to get to know your personality and know that you're ambitious and friendly.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tom James Company (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Had an hour long initial phone conversation and then went for two follow days and on the first one day I was taken to dinner. I rode with two different sales professionals and got to see what my day to days would look like.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable working with executives to provide for their needs?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitewater, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tom James Company (Whitewater, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone call with corporate. Next was office management. super easy process, you basically just talk with someone on the phone about yourself and what you do/what your plans and goals are for the coming years

Interview Questions

• What are your top 5 most important goals   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tom James Company.

Interview

I had a couple phone interviews and was preparing for a Skype interview before a final in-person; that's as best as I could tell because the interview process ended pretty abruptly.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tom James Company.

Interview

Ride with sales manager during the day which usually starts around 7am. Get back to office by 3pm to watch the reps phone calling until 5pm, then meet afterwards to discuss the opportunity. You may also meet with other sales reps. Overall if Everyone likes you and thinks you're a good fit, you're in.

Professional Clothier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tom James Company (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The first stage of the interview process was a phone screening. It lasted no more than 15 minutes. I was asked a few questions about my resume and the job was explained to me. I was then asked to do a follow day in New York City. I started the day with an office meeting and began to follow employees around (both in the office and around the city).

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in going into sales?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tom James Company in October 2016.

Interview

Over the phone process done over the phone and via email through my university. Poor communication from recruiter, gave away my second interview slot even though I replied within 24 hours for the interview