Topco Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.7

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Topco Associates (Elk Grove Village, IL).

Interview

Their interviewing process is extremely slow and they ended up going with internal candidate. Disappointed since it felt like I was strung along for over a month. My background and interviews went great so it felt like a obligatory move to go with someone internal.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Topco Associates (Elk Grove Village, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Highly disorganized process. Start then stop then start. Put me in front of several executives who were both unprepared for my interview. Received an offer which I subsequently declined. I felt it was a roll of the dice given executive leadership was so unprepared as well as the time and context of whatTopco is facing.

Interview Questions

• Are you a change agent and how do you feel about making changes?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Topco Associates (West Palm Beach, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

You go through either a recruiter or staffing agency, The Director will call you on the phone and speak with you briefly, then if they like you then you are asked to come in for a face to face. As you are interviewing, they show you only the good side ( of course ) but once you are there, it is a VERY DIFFERENT STORY.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conflict between a vendor and member?   1 Answer

Strategic Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Topco Associates (Quincy, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Two casual interviews, both with associates, both 30 min long, both asked questions just based off my resume. In the Quincy office, they have no HR, so associates conduct interviews.

Their Quincy office is in a nice office park on a hill, and they are situated on the third floor of their building with a great view of Boston.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your most recent job.   1 Answer

Fuel Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Topco Associates (Quincy, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I Applied through a recruiter and I was brought in for an in person interview. Met with 3 people on the team. Described the company, role, and then we went over my credentials and interest. New office is nice and seemed like a laid back atmosphere. Pretty standard interview process overall. The three people I met with were very nice.

Senior Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Topco Associates (Elk Grove Village, IL).

Interview

I applied using the internal application process on the internal company website. HR contacted me a week or so later and scheduled an interview with the hiring manager. I met with him, 1 on 1, for about an hour. A week or so later I was offered the position and accepted.

Assistant Buyer/Member Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Topco Associates (Elk Grove Village, IL).

Interview

Met with the director and manager of the department. It was a quick interview that went over my resume and I was sat with an employee for 30 minutes to go over daily work load.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work with cross functional departments? Can you adapt to changing environments?   Answer Question

Category Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Topco Associates (Elk Grove Village, IL).

Interview

Started with phone screen, initial round was with hiring manager and director, final round was with Vice President of department. Odd questions about SAT/ACT test scores were asked despite having years of professional experience. I thought the Vice President was going to fall asleep in my interview with him which lasted about 15 minutes followed by a building tour.

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Topco Associates (Elk Grove Village, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter
    First interview: with Hiring Manager, HR, Senior Director, team member
    Second Interview: Hiring Manger, senior leaders and stakeholders
    Recruiter was very involved with the process and did an excellent job of representing the company. He also followed up consistently. I always knew where I was in the process.

Interview Questions

• Work history
      Management style   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated with the recruiter early on in the process, so we both knew what we wanted. When the offer came. It was exactly what I was looking for. I usually negotiate, but this was so well done, I accepted without a counter.

Associate Manager of Sourcing and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Topco Associates (Elk Grove Village, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very quickly and when asked to shadow the group, hesitation arose. Only one phone interview and one in person interview with Sr. Manager and Business Analyst. Very generic behavioral questions. Follow STAR format and you should be fine. Be sure to shadow though before accepting any offers; this environment is not for everyone.

Interview Questions

• When were you ever in a situation where you had to deliver bad news to someone higher than you?   1 Answer