Toray Composite Materials America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Toray Composite Materials America Interview Questions

Interviews at Toray Composite Materials America

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Toray Composite Materials America in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was over the phone with a panel of 5 people. They asked mostly behavioral questions along with a couple technical questions just to see how you think. The technical questions were somewhat difficult but if you know your stuff you should be fine. A few members of the panel started whispering about me which I thought was a little unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had conflict with a coworker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Toray Composite Materials America (Tacoma, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

Pretty Easy. Was asked questions regarding what I had studied. Know your stuff, and you'll be fine.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Toray Composite Materials America (Tacoma, WA) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied for the position several months before being contacted. Had a phone interview and was scheduled for an in-person interview. The in-person consisted of a large panel that lasted only 45 minutes. Was told I would be contacted in one week, but didn't hear from anyone or get a response for three weeks, and even then it was a very canned rejection email. I knew I wasn't going to be moving forward and that it wasn't the right fit during the interview, however I was very surprised and disappointed that their follow up was so delayed and that even after two interviews I received such a standard rejection email. Staff seemed friendly overall and the security was interesting.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toray Composite Materials America (Tacoma, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was not hard at all. Two managers took turns reading off questions from a piece of paper. Basic questions that you would expect from any basic job. Interviewers were more interested in your personality rather than your resume. The interview took about thirty minutes. They called me back the next week.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Toray Composite Materials America in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview a few months after I applied. The phone interview was between a board of managers and me. The questions they asked me were ones normally asked in internship interviews. Ex. Why do you want this internship? I heard back from Toray a few days after the interview, which is a quick response time.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spanaway, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toray Composite Materials America (Spanaway, WA) in May 2018.

Interview

Very nice, let me answer and gave me time to answer. Also gave me advice at the end of the interview! They told me that I had great positivity that was looked upon in the workplace and my skill set is what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress?   1 Answer

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Toray Composite Materials America (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview with one of the recruiters. Typical short behavioral and few technical questions. I was informed after a couple days that the position was filled. I asked for the feedback and it was an internal hire.

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Toray Composite Materials America in January 2019.

Interview

I applied in the middle of December, and was reached via e-mail at the beginning of January. My HR representative organized a time to have a phone call the next week, but it got delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. My interview was postponed three times and I waited an hour to reach out to my contact after our session was scheduled. Be prepared to work for your interview. You may need to coordinate multiple times and be flexible. Their representatives did not reach out to me with an offer/decline for three weeks when I was told I would be reached in a week.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly basic technical topics addressed in the job posting, (analytical statistics, how to troubleshoot if your products were malproduced, if I was familiar with the site specific materials)   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Toray Composite Materials America (Tacoma, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Sat down to a table with a handful of professionals who asked a lot of questions about my experience and my expectations. It was a hard interview but it's nice that they are so thorough.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toray Composite Materials America.

Interview

Multiple people interviewing over the phone. Was asked a lot about myself and how I handled situations. They wanted to know how I handled working in groups and what I did to solve a problem that arose.