Total Sports Publications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Total Sports Publications

Advertising Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Total Sports Publications (Tampa, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied via a link on LinkedIn, and the next day was contacted to set up an interview. The interview was half Charles explaining the position. He said he wanted to be completely transparent so I knew exactly what I was applying for and to be 100% certain I wanted the job. The second half was the typical question and answer segment of an interview with the normal questions like explain my work experience, strengths, etc. Overall very relaxed and Charles made me feel extremely at ease.

Advertising Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Sports Publications (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Approached on LinkedIn, recruiter was nice and approachable. Process was pretty quick from initial phone screen interview to in-person interview. Met recruiter at first, then talked to the boss about job opportunity. Everyone in the office was super nice.

Interview Questions

• Generic: What are your greatest professional strengths?, What do you consider to be your weaknesses?, Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've faced at work, and how you dealt with it. What are you looking for in a new position? How would your boss and co-workers describe you?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Total Sports Publications (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I was called in and asked to explain my experience and tell them why I would be a great candidate. I was asked why I love sports and if I am competitive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this job is for you ?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Sports Publications (Tampa, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Spoke with Charles Broadhurst over the phone to set up the interview. Interviewed in person, interview lasted a little over an hour. Went over basic interview questions as well as information about the position. I felt comfortable immediately speaking with Charles, and appreciated the fact that he was very straightforward and honest about the position, and sales itself as an industry. Very positive interview experience, was very excited about the opportunity after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Sports Publications (Tampa, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

An informal interview took place where he assessed how I handled myself on the phone (voice, personality, etc.). This is because the job is 100% through the phone. He also asked for goals and basically wanted you to be after money. After that, an in person interview was set up where no real questions were asked and he just wants to make sure you fit in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Sports Publications (Tampa, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

Initial phone screening with most of the info flowing from employer to candidate, to weed out those initial applicants who would not be looking for what the company offered. Discussion of job duties and requirements, compensation structure and other work benefits, expectations and timelines for production. I was not their typical candidate as I am further in my career path and have experience greater than most of their hires.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Total Sports Publications (Tampa, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

Was very calming and not super stressful like a lot of sales interviews are. Front office managers were very understanding. Had two phone interviews with Kelly who was very nice, and then had a final phone interview with Charles which was fun, but serious at the same time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Total Sports Publications.

Interview

- Apply online
    - Come in for an in person interview. Let them know you are hungry and willing to work long hours to be the best. Show you are hungry and money motivated.
    - Will hear back within a week on the decision.
    - If you are young and have a degree and show you are a hard worker, you will most likely get the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the most important thing you learned about selling in school?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.