TradeStation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TradeStation Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.5

UI User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TradeStation.

Interview

Sounded like a great opportunity when I applied, almost six hours after I invested my time in a unreasonably long interview process, all I got was an impersonal rejection email. Despite reading how poorly managed TradeStation is on Glassdoor, I took the chance. I can confirm that the “leaders” have no idea what UX design is nor what they are looking for in a candidate.

Phone interview with HR (1 hour)
    Phone interview with the Product Manager (1 hr 15mins)
    Fill out job application, wasn't enough to have a resume (15 mins)
    ‘WonderLick’ math/ reading test (30 mins..who does this anymore?)
    First face-to-face interview (1hr 15mins)
    Second face-to-face interview (1hr 45mins)

I think companies need to respect the personal time of qualifying candidates. Had the interview come to a rejection earlier in the process, I can understand a quick rejection letter. But after almost six hours, I feel like I should send TradeStation a consultation bill. After all that, the company is still looking to fill that role, almost five months later. They clearly have no idea what or whom they are looking for. UX/ UI designers should avoid TradeStation or be willing to sacrifice a ton of their energy and personal time on a company that doesn’t respect theirs.

Interview Questions

• During the interviews they were asking so many questions about how UX was done at my previous job, writing down names of software we used, how I would tackle issues like stakeholder management, I don’t think they were aligned as to what they are looking for in a candidate.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TradeStation (Plantation, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Just a phone call with my manager after meeting head of recruiting and being referred to my manager by the hiring manager. The phone call was less than an hour and really only to make sure my manager would be ok working with me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TradeStation.

Interview

Referred by a former employee, Three Skype Interviews. Talked to team manager. Asked all behavioral questions. Nothing too hard. Talked about past projects. Looking for character more than actual skills.

Technical Documentation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TradeStation (Plantation, FL).

Interview

Was contacted through email to send some sample writings. I sent it over and then was followed up with another email to set up a skype interview. The interview lasted 30 mins and was told i'd be updated on my status in about a week. They were very good at getting back to me.

Interview Questions

• Do you work better in a team or alone?
      What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TradeStation (Plantation, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

HR phone Interview was positive, personality test online seemed easy yet useless, round table interview. Round table interview was not properly prepared or discussed prior to interview. Showed up early, nobody in IT office area looked happy to be there. Previous person to be employed there for the same position was there for less than two months. They really had no Linux 'team' which is what is needed for their environment. I left knowing three thinngs... A. I didn't get the job which is ok. B. They didn't know what they needed. C. I don't think I would have taken the job had they offered. They really should solicit the Linux community for technical questions at either FLUX, Hack Miami, or other LUGs. They were really unprepared with vague questions.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate wireshark filters in a MS Windows environment from a pcap file.   1 Answer
    • How would you set up a Linux server?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TradeStation (Plantation, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Horrible! Very broad questions, not enough details, whiteboard drawing, computer testing, Vague questions with the expectation to know everything. Horrible place, bad management, very messy and disorganized. Don't waste your time.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TradeStation (Boston, MA).

Interview

Company came to our university campus. They selected a group of students from our program and then we had 30 minute interviews 1:1 with a hiring manager. There were two hiring managers, both of them asking more or less the same type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Round 1: mostly behavioral questions. They wanted to know my interest in coding and whether I was willing to learn new languages and apply them to stochastic control problems.   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TradeStation (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

HR Calls for general questions.
    There is a skype call with the manager wherein questions will be asked based on what they are looking to implement in their innovation lab for the semester.

Interview Questions

• What have you done "from your resume". Speak well, be confident and DO NOT lie.
      The recruiting manager is a highly skilled people person so if you dont know something, be honest. I think the best way to get through is to work on analytical skills   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TradeStation (Richardson, TX).

Interview

First there is a phone screen. Basic tech questions. Then they bring you to the office for in person.
    Before the in person interview they also have you take a personality quiz and a "how fast can you solve this detailed problem" type challenge.
    For the in person they have you interview separately with two separate groups of developers and then with the director and others at the end. The first group of developers asked several small programming challenges to do on the board, the second group asked very similar programming challenges followed by by the usual random what does SOLID stand ford, what is polymorphism, what is REST type questions. Basically the same interview done twice.
    After the interview the recruiter said they liked me and we're going to discuss and get back to me. Several times the recruiter reiterated that they liked me and would get back to me the next day. But I never heard back from thie recruiter or this company - no feedback whatsoever.

Not happy with no response after an in person.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TradeStation (Plantation, FL).

Interview

Very indepth, lots of questions, long questionaire, but I understood going in this would be the case. I submitted a resume, got called, went in and the next day recieved an offer by phone which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What computer experience I had   1 Answer