TradeStation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TradeStation Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TradeStation.

Interview

Referred by a former employee, Three Skype Interviews. Talked to team manager. Asked all behavioral questions. Nothing too hard. Talked about past projects. Looking for character more than actual skills.

Technical Documentation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TradeStation (Plantation, FL).

Interview

Was contacted through email to send some sample writings. I sent it over and then was followed up with another email to set up a skype interview. The interview lasted 30 mins and was told i'd be updated on my status in about a week. They were very good at getting back to me.

Interview Questions

• Do you work better in a team or alone?
      What is your greatest weakness?
      Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TradeStation (Plantation, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

HR phone Interview was positive, personality test online seemed easy yet useless, round table interview. Round table interview was not properly prepared or discussed prior to interview. Showed up early, nobody in IT office area looked happy to be there. Previous person to be employed there for the same position was there for less than two months. They really had no Linux 'team' which is what is needed for their environment. I left knowing three thinngs... A. I didn't get the job which is ok. B. They didn't know what they needed. C. I don't think I would have taken the job had they offered. They really should solicit the Linux community for technical questions at either FLUX, Hack Miami, or other LUGs. They were really unprepared with vague questions.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate wireshark filters in a MS Windows environment from a pcap file.   1 Answer
    • How would you set up a Linux server?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TradeStation (Plantation, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Horrible! Very broad questions, not enough details, whiteboard drawing, computer testing, Vague questions with the expectation to know everything. Horrible place, bad management, very messy and disorganized. Don't waste your time.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TradeStation (Boston, MA).

Interview

Company came to our university campus. They selected a group of students from our program and then we had 30 minute interviews 1:1 with a hiring manager. There were two hiring managers, both of them asking more or less the same type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Round 1: mostly behavioral questions. They wanted to know my interest in coding and whether I was willing to learn new languages and apply them to stochastic control problems.   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TradeStation (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

HR Calls for general questions.
    There is a skype call with the manager wherein questions will be asked based on what they are looking to implement in their innovation lab for the semester.

Interview Questions

• What have you done "from your resume". Speak well, be confident and DO NOT lie.
      The recruiting manager is a highly skilled people person so if you dont know something, be honest. I think the best way to get through is to work on analytical skills
      1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TradeStation (Richardson, TX).

Interview

First there is a phone screen. Basic tech questions. Then they bring you to the office for in person.
    Before the in person interview they also have you take a personality quiz and a "how fast can you solve this detailed problem" type challenge.
    For the in person they have you interview separately with two separate groups of developers and then with the director and others at the end. The first group of developers asked several small programming challenges to do on the board, the second group asked very similar programming challenges followed by by the usual random what does SOLID stand ford, what is polymorphism, what is REST type questions. Basically the same interview done twice.
    After the interview the recruiter said they liked me and we're going to discuss and get back to me. Several times the recruiter reiterated that they liked me and would get back to me the next day. But I never heard back from thie recruiter or this company - no feedback whatsoever.

Not happy with no response after an in person.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TradeStation (Plantation, FL).

Interview

Very indepth, lots of questions, long questionaire, but I understood going in this would be the case. I submitted a resume, got called, went in and the next day recieved an offer by phone which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What computer experience I had   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TradeStation (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Only one round phone interview, went through the resume, asked some projects.Then I received an offer from that company. However, since I asked them for extension, they seemed to be not happy and retain the offer when I was ready to sign. :(

Summer Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TradeStation (Medford, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

The 1st one is an HR interview in our University, during which the HR asks about the Resume and some behavior questions
    Then, there is a phone interview about past experience, like what classes you have taken, and some details about past projects, like the Android intern I had before. We also chatted about arduino board that control the flying robot.
    lastly, there is another interview about specific programming questions, like pointers in C++, object oriented programming

Interview Questions

• write a inheritance class in any language   1 Answer