TransUnion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion (San Luis Obispo, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

HR reached out to me and I had a phone interview relatively quick. Scheduled a on-site interview within a week and got my offer letter a couple days after.

Interview process was quick and easy. Not too many technical questions. Interviewers were awesome, and people at the office are pretty nice.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Relatively straight forward. First a phone screen with HR rep that was personality fit. Then a phone screen with the head of the group that was majority personality fit. I was quickly asked to come in for a superday. Given three cases and two personality fit questions. Overall very quick turnaround for the entire process

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you utilized large sets of data and analyzed that data
      Tell me your experience with product development
      Case - should TU invest in company A or Company B and why
      Case - what would be your go-to-market strategy for x product
      Case - how many gallons of gas were used in 2016 in the US
      Normal personality fit and company fit questions throughout as well
      Answer Question

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransUnion (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

1. Semi-technical phone interview with HR.
    2. Technical phone interview with hiring manager.
    3. Three hour technical on-site interview with the team.
    4. Crickets. Not a word. I guess that's just the way they do it these days.

Interview Questions

• What about the default index that SQL Server puts on tables?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TransUnion (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Well where do I begin. You walk into a room smaller than a closet for the interview, where the managers are 2 feet in front of your face - interrogation style. This is phone sales, guys! Phone sales is a completely different setting than face-to-face, which is why I'm in phone sales in the first place. And I am great at it. Perhaps do a detailed over-the-phone interview? I don't know, but the style is not parallel to phone sales. Very condescending environment for first impressions. Power Trip City. It's too bad because I was excited to start a new career there. I just don't understand the need to make someone uncomfortable like that. Not welcoming at all.

Interview Questions

• What kind of person would you say you are outside of work (laughable)?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TransUnion.

Interview

It was a panel style interview with about 4 of my team members. Everyone was very kind and it was more of a conversation vs an interview . Everyone I met with gave me a good prospective on how thy fit into the business and how I would be working with them specifically

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Come with examples of your work   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and I got an email the same day from HR (because I had a referral) and we set up a phone interview. I had a great initial interview with someone in HR, she said she was excited about my background and I seemed like a great fit, and that she was going to pass my information along to the hiring manager, and she would get back to me the next day or the day after at the latest. She even sent ME a thank you email right after we got off the phone confirming she would get right back to me. Then I didn't hear back from her, so the following week I sent a polite follow up email asking for any status update, and never heard back. 3 weeks later, I get an automated email saying thanks for applying but they filled the role. I knew I was a great fit and had a good interview, just something came up and I wasn't chosen, fine, I'm a big girl I can handle it, but it is very unprofessional to say you're going to call back, and then you dont, and not even respond to a brief polite email!!! HR is notoriously unprofessional, and its no exception at TransUnion.

Insurance Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion.

Interview

I got two phone call interviews, one from HR, they asked about your background and your understanding of their business. another one from hiring manager, pretty nice interview experience, we just talked a lot about my experience, and what I learnt in my master and bachelor degree. no difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• do you know SAS, sql,Hadoop and Excel?   2 Answers

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Two phone interview and 1 on site interview with 3 person. One manager and two directors and they are really nice. I introduced my past experience and asked questions about the business.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion in January 2017.

Interview

Telephone Interview, followed by an interview with a team of four people. I did get an offer. Unfortunately, it was rescinded due to my inability to prove self-employment. Overall I will say that They appear to be a great company and I was bummed out to have lost what could have been a great job opportunity. I do not blame them and understand their position. Moving forward, I removed the self-employment from my resume altogether.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions involved scenarios with clients and conflict resolution.   Answer Question

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was like a networking event. We can go to talk to the hiring managers in a conference room and they also tell us about their products. It was like a university career fair with less number of people

Graduate Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion in January 2017.

Interview

1. Applied through their website
    2. Technical phone interview (30 mins)
    3. On-site interview (90 mins)
        - 60 mins for business case interview
        - 30 mins for cultural fit interview

Interview Questions

• Explain central limit theorem and how can you use it in real world?   Answer Question