TransUnion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.9

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransUnion (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

1. Semi-technical phone interview with HR.
    2. Technical phone interview with hiring manager.
    3. Three hour technical on-site interview with the team.
    4. Crickets. Not a word. I guess that's just the way they do it these days.

Interview Questions

• What about the default index that SQL Server puts on tables?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TransUnion.

Interview

It was a panel style interview with about 4 of my team members. Everyone was very kind and it was more of a conversation vs an interview . Everyone I met with gave me a good prospective on how thy fit into the business and how I would be working with them specifically

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Come with examples of your work   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and I got an email the same day from HR (because I had a referral) and we set up a phone interview. I had a great initial interview with someone in HR, she said she was excited about my background and I seemed like a great fit, and that she was going to pass my information along to the hiring manager, and she would get back to me the next day or the day after at the latest. She even sent ME a thank you email right after we got off the phone confirming she would get right back to me. Then I didn't hear back from her, so the following week I sent a polite follow up email asking for any status update, and never heard back. 3 weeks later, I get an automated email saying thanks for applying but they filled the role. I knew I was a great fit and had a good interview, just something came up and I wasn't chosen, fine, I'm a big girl I can handle it, but it is very unprofessional to say you're going to call back, and then you dont, and not even respond to a brief polite email!!! HR is notoriously unprofessional, and its no exception at TransUnion.

Insurance Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion.

Interview

I got two phone call interviews, one from HR, they asked about your background and your understanding of their business. another one from hiring manager, pretty nice interview experience, we just talked a lot about my experience, and what I learnt in my master and bachelor degree. no difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• do you know SAS, sql,Hadoop and Excel?   2 Answers

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Two phone interview and 1 on site interview with 3 person. One manager and two directors and they are really nice. I introduced my past experience and asked questions about the business.

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was like a networking event. We can go to talk to the hiring managers in a conference room and they also tell us about their products. It was like a university career fair with less number of people

Graduate Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion in January 2017.

Interview

1. Applied through their website
    2. Technical phone interview (30 mins)
    3. On-site interview (90 mins)
        - 60 mins for business case interview
        - 30 mins for cultural fit interview

Interview Questions

• Explain central limit theorem and how can you use it in real world?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion in January 2017.

Interview

Telephone Interview, followed by an interview with a team of four people. I did get an offer. Unfortunately, it was rescinded due to my inability to prove self-employment. Overall I will say that They appear to be a great company and I was bummed out to have lost what could have been a great job opportunity. I do not blame them and understand their position. Moving forward, I removed the self-employment from my resume altogether.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions involved scenarios with clients and conflict resolution.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at TransUnion in January 2017.

Interview

I got a 30-min technical interview. The interviewer asked me some questions about basic statistical concepts and programming, and also asked some details about my experience based on my resume.

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was fairly normal. Minimal questions were asked. It was the global technology intern networking day /interview, we had the opportunity to meet more than 20+ hiring managers. They seemed like wonderful people.