TransUnion Reviews

Updated May 28, 2020

3.9
TransUnion President and CEO Christopher Cartwright
Christopher Cartwright
Pros
  • "The compensation is much better than I've seen at other places and the work-life balance is perfect for me(in 120 reviews)

• "Great benefits, but not much else(in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • "I shouldn't have had to sacrifice my work-life balance to get promoted(in 43 reviews)

• "A couple of strong connections in the building can go along why when you're trying to navigate the red tape(in 24 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at TransUnion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance. They really encourage growth inside and outside of the company. They are also consistantly keeping up with technology so you won't be working on 15 year old tech because, "that's how we do things here". The two managers I have worked under are great. Their manager is also great, he really likes to connect with people around the office. Never met the CEO personally because I work in Denver, but he seems pretty great, and so does the new CTO. Also the way the are handling the Coronavirus is pretty great. I actually like WFH, so this has been great for me. Fingers crossed I will be able to do it more after Corona has cleared up in Colorado.

Cons

This is a silly con, but bigger monitors would be nice.

TransUnion2020-03-25

April 23, 2020Chief Information and Technology Officer

I'm glad to hear you're having such a positive experience and took a few moments to share a review. It's reassuring to see your confidence in TU and the direction we've headed to make sure our people are supported during this time - wellness and community are so important to us. Taking care of yourself and your family, and staying healthy physically and mentally should always be first priority. Again, thank you for writing about your experience. - Abhi Dhar, Chief Information and Technology Officer

2. "Great time to be at TransUnion"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead

I have been working at TransUnion full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am so far very impressed with my time at TransUnion. They seem to have a strong focus on hiring the best and brightest and I'm extremely impressed with my co-workers and the technologies they're building. Many tech jobs are remote now (even without COVID-19) which is great. The compensation is much better than I've seen at other places and the work-life balance is perfect for me. I'm also very impressed by Chris and his executive team. I feel like they genuinely care about each individual employee as well as the shareholders. The culture at TransUnion is very pro-employee and inclusive.

Cons

TransUnion is an emerging enterprise in a regulated market segment, so you *probably* won't be working with cutting edge technologies all the time, but they are moving forward into cloud native and modern tech stacks. Sometimes bureaucracy rules the day, but not too often and nothing that's hard to deal with.

TransUnion2020-05-29
  3. "Can't complain"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time

Pros

W L B + Pay

Cons

Upward mobility (but what did you expect anyway)

TransUnion2020-05-22
  4. "TransUnion had a very structured internship program with lots of opportunity to meet your cohort."

Former Employee - Intern

I worked at TransUnion full-time for less than a year

Pros

Structured, provide each intern with a mentor, fun intern only outings, meetings with executive leadership team.

Cons

The online payroll system was spotty at times. Managers must approve everything, including basic access to necessary hardware and software.

TransUnion2020-05-06
  5. "Great company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Salary, benefits, location, good people

Cons

Top heavy, incompetent "long time" associates, lack of accountability to poor performers, lacks the ability to keep high performers engaged and challenged.

TransUnion2020-05-04

"Really depends who you work for..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at TransUnion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, but not much else.

Cons

Bosses are 'locked' in. I saw very little change in management. Management was extremely demoralizing and lacked education and experience to accomplish goals.

TransUnion2020-05-05
  7. "Customer service in a production environment"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at TransUnion full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Coworkers are very friendly and open to assist others

Cons

Management lacking in experience. Could use some management training. you can train a chimpanzee to do what is required but you can't teach management skills like people skills or being human in a time when it is needed.

TransUnion2020-05-07
  8. "Good company overall when you leave this department"

Current Employee - Special Handling Department

I have been working at TransUnion full-time

Pros

Pay, PTO,Sick leave, Company culture, holiday parties and company events. I Learned a lot about the credit industry.

Cons

you are promoted based on favoritism, employees that were hired after you even make it to higher position levels including management with lack of experience and knowledge on company processes. Very disappointed with management.

TransUnion2020-04-27

May 12, 2020EVP, Human Resources

I appreciate you sharing a review of your experience. While I'm glad to read about your overall positive outlook, I really want to focus on your cons. Favoritism is simply not ok. I care deeply about each and every associate at TU, and their experience, and expect the same from our managers. Hard work, dedication and innovation should never be overlooked. Please know your feedback is important and will be taken seriously. Reach out to me if you would like to connect further. - Anne Leyden, EVP HR

"Healthcare vertical mis-managment"

1.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TransUnion full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Potential for "doing good" and good solutions for customers (not comprehensive)

Cons

Mis-management. Untrained managers and leaders. Haven't had formal management and strategy training, which is clear in their direction within the Healthcare Vertical specifically

TransUnion2020-05-13

"TransUnion Healthcare"

Former Employee - Channel Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at TransUnion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Healthcare Benefits, Employee Stock Option, Flex Time Off, Work from home option

Cons

Long sales cycle, new inexperienced management, difficult to navigate internally for support, Lots of red tape

TransUnion2020-04-15

May 13, 2020President, TransUnion Healthcare

Thank you for sharing a review - your feedback is important to me. We're continuously working to build capabilities in our managers and leaders here at TransUnion through various programming, workshops and clinics. We also always look to process improve so will take your feedback into consideration. If you'd like to discuss in greater detail, don't hesitate to reach out. - Dave Wojczynski - President, Healthcare

Viewing 1 - 10 of 809 Reviews