Transfix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Transfix Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.8

Frontend Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transfix.

Interview

- Call with HR via Angelist
    - 1 hour tech interview with 2 people from front end team

I believe I got most of the questions except for the isPalindrome question which I mixed up the definition of palindrome and anagram. Finished early and was able to ask more about the company and what it's like to work at Transfix. Not sure why I didn't go through since things seemed positive from both a culture and technical perspective but things happen for a reason so maybe it's for the better..

My only red flag was when I asked the lead front end engineer what his favorite part about working at Transfix was and he said the coffee ... I expected more but he really just ended it there.. Just coffee? You'd think a lead would want to at least sell a candidate on the talent of his team, the product or even the culture.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions you could do in about 5 lines or less using JS   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with Robert. It took no longer than about a half hour and Robert was very nice. I was a bit nervous and Robert did a good job in not making it seem obvious if he noticed. The conversation was easy going. It was my first phone interview.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The whole process was really streamlined. First was a phone call with the recruiter. Next came an hour long google hangouts coding session with one of the developers. There were some coding challenges along with Q&A time towards the end. Finally I had an on-site interview which was a couple of hours. I met with 3 people on the tech team - a back end dev (which I white boarded some problems), a front end dev (which I also had a coding challenge with), and the head of the whole tech team (which was mostly conversational). The whole process for me took about a week.

Interview Questions

• Aside from the coding challenges, one of the things I was asked was to describe my current job responsibilities and explain my team/product as if onboarding a new member.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard interview process, HR call -> phone interview -> onsite interview (2 technical, 1 HR)
    The recruiter was very nice but interviewers were totally inexperienced. It seems like none of them has given any interview before.
    I've interviewed with other big tech companies and Transfix is the only place where I felt like "these interviewers want me to fail". They don't stop you even when you are going to the wrong direction and just watch you fail, which is totally different than other (relatively) old tech companies.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transfix.

Interview

Phone interview, Recruiter calls you first before they get engineers to look at your resume. Waste of time, recruiters should either know how to screen a tech resume or have engineers screen your resume before initial call.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience, what you know about the company, what you want in next career   Answer Question

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on their website and they got back to me and set up a phone interview. I was prepared but the interviewer was a half and hour late and it threw me off. I was about to email the interviewer until they finally called. During the interview, the sound was extremely patchy and hard to hear. The interview was average, and at least they were able to get back to me a week later. But being late was pretty unprofessional.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Very well structured interview process. Started with usual HR round, followed by phone interview with code pad with one of the engineers to test coding ability. Then I was called for on-site which had 4 technical round and one HR. Tech rounds mostly focused on Algorithms and Design oriented questions. Overall experience was really nice.
    Only negative thing is that persons who were interviewing were bit unprepared.

Front-End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial phone call with the engineering recruiter went over company background, tech stack, and what I was looking for in my next job.

Next, a technical call with a developer on the team. We did about an hour long coding exercise. No obscure theoretical CS stuff...more of a real-life 'Request from this API and render some image' type questions. So testing CSS/JS skills.

Final round was an on-site interview for three hours with six different people from the engineering team. Had two algorithm questions, each about 30-45 minutes long. Very real-world problems, really just testing problems-solving and general programming skills. The rest of the time was spent asking about my background and working style.

Interview Questions

• Show images from the Tumblr API   2 Answers

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about two weeks. First I found the job posting on Indeed and was contacted over email by someone from HR for a phone interview. After that, I was invited for an in person interview the next week. I was expecting a quick interview, but I ended up speaking with 3 managers and the CEO. It took about 2 hours and was more of a chat, than and interview. After speaking with everyone, I was told I would be contacted later that day or the next, and I was called a few hours after returning home. I sent my thank you emails and then was offered the job in the follow up phone call.

Tech Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Had a phone Screen with the VP of People Operations. He was direct and provided clear information in regards to the process. Afterwards, I had an on-site interview with the team as well as other hiring managers for the roles I would potentially work on. I also met with one of the co-founders for the role, he was able to tell me about Transfix' vision and plans for growth.