Transfix Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 36 of over 36 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in Aug 2021

Interview

The interview process I went through was excellent. The first round was a take home that tested my Front End knowledge. The next round had questions that were relevant to what the company does day to day and some Back End questions. I can't say enough good things about my interview experience with Transfix. My point of contact, Steve, was incredibly helpful throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
  • - Build a small React app, bookmark yourself at 2hrs - Figure out the distance between two cities, given the coordinates
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Transfix

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transfix in Feb 2022

Interview

Received an email request to schedule a phone interview maybe a week or two after submitting an application. Had the phone interview but could tell rapport was off with the phone interviewer. She said I would get a response if I would move forward or not. Also, she pressed me on my salary range which I thought was tacky. Salary should be discussed and negotiated at the end, not in the phone screening. The following week she followed up via email and said the candidate pool was very competitive and they decided to move forward with other applicants. I feel I am overqualified for this position even though I have never worked in TA. I have similar skills and the posting did not specify TA experience was a requirement. Also, she said they moved forward with other applicants but it is still posted on their career page. I was interested in working for this company but in my research, they only have maybe three people of color among the executives and absolutely no black people.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Transfix

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix in Feb 2022

Interview

The process was 4-6 weeks and very disorganized. Throughout the whole time meeting with them, there were 4 different recruiters handling my interview process. We discussed salary expectations on the first call and received quality feedback the entire way. When it came time to make a decision, I was removed from the process for having too high of salary expectations. Nothing along the way communicated that I was in the wrong ball-park. Overall a poor interview experience especially when the recruiter mentioned that they weren't even familiar with the industry.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of how you identified a process that needed improving

Transfix

Application

I interviewed at Transfix

Interview

Interview process was great and smooth. They seemed interested in what I had to say. They were willing to listen and they gave immediate feedback. I’m excited for the next step

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Transfix

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix in Aug 2021

Interview

I was reached by an external recruiter on LinkedIn to apply to the position at Transfix. The interview process took a month including a few one-hour interviews and a virtual onsite interview round that lasted a complete day. One of the interviews was intended for a different role (frontend vs backend) and even after they recognized their mistake they continued with the interview asking frontend questions. Everything was looking fine, but when I expressed I was about to have a child, they send an email saying they will move in another direction without explaining why nor providing any feedback about my performance on the interview process. I think is fair enough for a candidate to receive meaningful feedback after expending several time on an interview process, even worst if is pushed to lose a complete day in his current job or if the reason for rejection seems to be discrimination for becoming a parent.

Interview Questions
  • Phone screener interview by the recruiter, programming interviews, onsite virtual interview with 5 sessions of 1 hour each (one of them was about frontend which is not possible for a backend position)

Transfix

Application

I interviewed at Transfix

Interview

The interview process was well organized, everyone on the team were very informative, professional and nice. They also invested time in getting back to me and explaining why they proceeded with other candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Name a major fail in your career and how you resolved it.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in Aug 2020

Interview

Contacted directly by the internal recruiter, who was nice and professional. Next step was 1 hour portfolio with the hiring manger, could present 1-2 projects of my choice. It went well and was straightforward. When I made it to the final round I was told it would be two separate 2-on-1 interviews, and another hour with the hiring manager again. Overall I would say that up until after the final round it was positive. However, I’m giving this a negative based on some key things: - take home design challenge: I know people are split on these and while they said only take 1-2 hours to complete, when I’m told I will be presenting it for 1 hour during the interview, there’s no way I wouldn’t put more time in to show my process and as much as I could. - without a heads up before the interview they asked me on the spot to record the presentation, which made me feel uncomfortable and no way for me to say no in the moment. While the challenge was using an unrelated company, the gist of the challenge was part of the core business so it does feel a little bit of a flag (aka soliciting free work) - after the interview both the recruiter and hiring manager reached out said there was positive feedback and to keep me posted on my other interviews, as they may need a few weeks since I was early in the process - the follow ups continued for another week, and then an excuse from the recruiter that they were having issues with timing and to not wait for them but they would check back in - this turned into over 5 weeks, when I finally reached out to close out the process and try to get detailed feedback on the interview since I invested a lot of time with them I was told they changed the parameters of their search (details made no sense but I won’t share more here) Bottom line sounds disorganized, and unprofessional to string someone along. It’s perfectly Ok to just say to a candidate they’re not a fit.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in Mar 2020

Interview

2 intro rounds of behaviorals and small technicals. 1 round of case study with the financials of a public competitor and evaluating the opportunity set 1 final round to discuss the case

Interview Questions
  • Q: why would you leave the world of finance for the world of startups?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in Feb 2020

Interview

I had a phone screen with their in-house recruiter, a phone call with the hiring manager, and then an on-site where I met with five different team members in focused, 40-minute sessions. Their recruiter was very warm and communicative throughout the process and gave me the impression that he's very organized and professional. They were very quick with giving me their decision and were eve transparent with their feedback. Even though I didn't get the job, it was one of the best interview processes I've been through.

Interview Questions
  • What one thing would your last boss want to change about you?
  • Did you build your last Salesforce platform or was it built when you started?
  • What are some processes you've built across teams?
  • What is your experience using automated marketing tools with Salesforce?
  • Describe a process you've built and what could be done better and what you don't like about it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY)

Interview

3 rounds. Recruiter phone screen Interview, then phone interview with manager of the group and then last round was in person interview that lasted about 3 hours consisting of mini interviews lasting about 15 minutes each with about 6 people total.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Interviews

Transfix Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Transfix as 53.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.74 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Customer Experience Associate and Data Scientist rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Recruiting Coordinator roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Transfix takes an average of 20 days when considering 43 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 22 days), whereas Software Backend Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 30 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Transfix according to 43 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 32.91%