Transfix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Transfix Interview Questions

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transfix in September 2017.

Interview

I had a technical interview on the phone with current employees on the team. They described what they do. They ask about you for a little bit about yourself, then you solve an algorithmic question, and ask them any questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked standard tech interview questions. Think of the easy problems on Leetcode or geeksforgeeks.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard interview process, HR call -> phone interview -> onsite interview (2 technical, 1 HR)
    The recruiter was very nice but interviewers were totally inexperienced. It seems like none of them has given any interview before.
    I've interviewed with other big tech companies and Transfix is the only place where I felt like "these interviewers want me to fail". They don't stop you even when you are going to the wrong direction and just watch you fail, which is totally different than other (relatively) old tech companies.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transfix.

Interview

Phone interview, Recruiter calls you first before they get engineers to look at your resume. Waste of time, recruiters should either know how to screen a tech resume or have engineers screen your resume before initial call.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience, what you know about the company, what you want in next career   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The whole process was really streamlined. First was a phone call with the recruiter. Next came an hour long google hangouts coding session with one of the developers. There were some coding challenges along with Q&A time towards the end. Finally I had an on-site interview which was a couple of hours. I met with 3 people on the tech team - a back end dev (which I white boarded some problems), a front end dev (which I also had a coding challenge with), and the head of the whole tech team (which was mostly conversational). The whole process for me took about a week.

Interview Questions

• Aside from the coding challenges, one of the things I was asked was to describe my current job responsibilities and explain my team/product as if onboarding a new member.   Answer Question

Frontend Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transfix.

Interview

- Call with HR via Angelist
    - 1 hour tech interview with 2 people from front end team

I believe I got most of the questions except for the isPalindrome question which I mixed up the definition of palindrome and anagram. Finished early and was able to ask more about the company and what it's like to work at Transfix. Not sure why I didn't go through since things seemed positive from both a culture and technical perspective but things happen for a reason so maybe it's for the better..

My only red flag was when I asked the lead front end engineer what his favorite part about working at Transfix was and he said the coffee ... I expected more but he really just ended it there.. Just coffee? You'd think a lead would want to at least sell a candidate on the talent of his team, the product or even the culture.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions you could do in about 5 lines or less using JS   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The phone conversation I had was unremarkable, just a standard phone screen.

However, the recruiter for Transfix opted to contact my current employer without notifying me or obtaining my consent. My employer was not aware that I had been researching other options for employment and it resulted in the termination of my position with no notice. I think this is an incredibly inappropriate breach of trust between this company and any applicant.

Interview Questions

Transfix Response

Oct 2, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

I am so sorry that you had a negative experience in your interview process with Transfix. I would like to hear more about this, because I agree that is completely unacceptable. Please feel free to... More

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on their website and they got back to me and set up a phone interview. I was prepared but the interviewer was a half and hour late and it threw me off. I was about to email the interviewer until they finally called. During the interview, the sound was extremely patchy and hard to hear. The interview was average, and at least they were able to get back to me a week later. But being late was pretty unprofessional.

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about two weeks. First I found the job posting on Indeed and was contacted over email by someone from HR for a phone interview. After that, I was invited for an in person interview the next week. I was expecting a quick interview, but I ended up speaking with 3 managers and the CEO. It took about 2 hours and was more of a chat, than and interview. After speaking with everyone, I was told I would be contacted later that day or the next, and I was called a few hours after returning home. I sent my thank you emails and then was offered the job in the follow up phone call.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with Robert. It took no longer than about a half hour and Robert was very nice. I was a bit nervous and Robert did a good job in not making it seem obvious if he noticed. The conversation was easy going. It was my first phone interview.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY).

Interview

Started off a week beforehand with a brief phone interview with a JR. recruiter, then a longer phone interview a few days later with one of their team leads. After that I was told to come in for a two hour interview at their office. The in person interview consisted of 15-30 minute long meetings with various team leads and their head recruiter. They all asked various background questions, personality questions, and work history as well. Overall they were all friendly and more than willing to answer any questions asked.