Transfix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY).

Interview

Started off a week beforehand with a brief phone interview with a JR. recruiter, then a longer phone interview a few days later with one of their team leads. After that I was told to come in for a two hour interview at their office. The in person interview consisted of 15-30 minute long meetings with various team leads and their head recruiter. They all asked various background questions, personality questions, and work history as well. Overall they were all friendly and more than willing to answer any questions asked.

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Very efficient and transparent. I knew where I was at every step in the process. First a screen with the head recruiter, then a longer and more technical call with the hiring manager, and finally a round of interviews onsite including a coding test, several more behavioral/soft skills types of conversations, and an opportunity to chat with one of the cofounders.

Everyone was friendly and professional, and seemed to give an honest impression of what it's like to work at Transfix.

Interview Questions

• Describe the responsibilities etc. of your last role as if you were onboarding a new person.   Answer Question

Carrier Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY).

Interview

Just super awkward and unprofessional. Everyone under 30 at least, woman interviewing me must have two years my senior. Nor very mature or professional.

Very unorganized. Waited a long time in some random room with no water or anything. No one who greeted me really knew the protocol. Office filled with bros in shorts and tee shirts and hats. Not very friendly or enthusiastic to be there. All around just very odd and dismissive and smug.

Interview Questions

Transfix Response

Oct 4, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Sorry to hear about the negative experience. We take this feedback incredibly seriously and would like to find some time to discuss further. Regarding our culture, we encourage our employees to enjoy... More

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The phone conversation I had was unremarkable, just a standard phone screen.

However, the recruiter for Transfix opted to contact my current employer without notifying me or obtaining my consent. My employer was not aware that I had been researching other options for employment and it resulted in the termination of my position with no notice. I think this is an incredibly inappropriate breach of trust between this company and any applicant.

Interview Questions

Transfix Response

Oct 2, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

I am so sorry that you had a negative experience in your interview process with Transfix. I would like to hear more about this, because I agree that is completely unacceptable. Please feel free to... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transfix in September 2017.

Interview

I had a technical interview on the phone with current employees on the team. They described what they do. They ask about you for a little bit about yourself, then you solve an algorithmic question, and ask them any questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked standard tech interview questions. Think of the easy problems on Leetcode or geeksforgeeks.   Answer Question

Frontend Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transfix.

Interview

- Call with HR via Angelist
    - 1 hour tech interview with 2 people from front end team

I believe I got most of the questions except for the isPalindrome question which I mixed up the definition of palindrome and anagram. Finished early and was able to ask more about the company and what it's like to work at Transfix. Not sure why I didn't go through since things seemed positive from both a culture and technical perspective but things happen for a reason so maybe it's for the better..

My only red flag was when I asked the lead front end engineer what his favorite part about working at Transfix was and he said the coffee ... I expected more but he really just ended it there.. Just coffee? You'd think a lead would want to at least sell a candidate on the talent of his team, the product or even the culture.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions you could do in about 5 lines or less using JS   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a very streamlined process, from start to finish.

The VP of People reached out to me on LinkedIn and we set up a time to chat. After roughly a 30 minute phone conversation with him, I was scheduled for an onsite interview, where I met with the recruiting team, as well as the VPE, and the company's Co-founders. Several days after that interview they followed up with me and told me that things had gone well and the VPE wanted to sit down and chat with me one more time, since we would be working closely together. After that meeting I was extended an offer the following day, which I accepted a few days later.

I really appreciated how transparent the interview process was, and how professional everyone acted. I also liked how I did not feel a lot of pressure to accept immediately once I was extended the offer. They made it clear that I was their top choice, and they needed an answer sooner rather than later because there were other candidates active in the process, but there was never that threatening feeling that I have gotten with other companies. That made me feel very comfortable that Transfix was confident in what they had to offer as a company.

After having been here a couple months now, I can honestly say that there have been no surprises, and everything I have experienced was clearly laid out for me during the interview process. It's definitely hard to find that kind of transparency.

Interview Questions

• Pitch your last company to me as though I were a candidate you were pre-screening.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone with Robert. It took no longer than about a half hour and Robert was very nice. I was a bit nervous and Robert did a good job in not making it seem obvious if he noticed. The conversation was easy going. It was my first phone interview.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The whole process was really streamlined. First was a phone call with the recruiter. Next came an hour long google hangouts coding session with one of the developers. There were some coding challenges along with Q&A time towards the end. Finally I had an on-site interview which was a couple of hours. I met with 3 people on the tech team - a back end dev (which I white boarded some problems), a front end dev (which I also had a coding challenge with), and the head of the whole tech team (which was mostly conversational). The whole process for me took about a week.

Interview Questions

• Aside from the coding challenges, one of the things I was asked was to describe my current job responsibilities and explain my team/product as if onboarding a new member.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY).

Interview

Standard interview process, HR call -> phone interview -> onsite interview (2 technical, 1 HR)
    The recruiter was very nice but interviewers were totally inexperienced. It seems like none of them has given any interview before.
    I've interviewed with other big tech companies and Transfix is the only place where I felt like "these interviewers want me to fail". They don't stop you even when you are going to the wrong direction and just watch you fail, which is totally different than other (relatively) old tech companies.