Transfix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Transfix

2.7

Sales Operations/Salesforce Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

I had a phone screen with their in-house recruiter, a phone call with the hiring manager, and then an on-site where I met with five different team members in focused, 40-minute sessions. Their recruiter was very warm and communicative throughout the process and gave me the impression that he's very organized and professional. They were very quick with giving me their decision and were eve transparent with their feedback. Even though I didn't get the job, it was one of the best interview processes I've been through.

Interview Questions

• What one thing would your last boss want to change about you?   Answer Question
    • Did you build your last Salesforce platform or was it built when you started?   Answer Question
    • What are some processes you've built across teams?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience using automated marketing tools with Salesforce?   Answer Question
    • Describe a process you've built and what could be done better and what you don't like about it?   Answer Question

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY).

Interview

3 rounds. Recruiter phone screen Interview, then phone interview with manager of the group and then last round was in person interview that lasted about 3 hours consisting of mini interviews lasting about 15 minutes each with about 6 people total.

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

Submit your portfolio online and get a phone call interview and went to office to onsite interview and interview is very calm and easy. the interviewer makes you feel its a normal conversation

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

recruiter phone call, technical video screen and onsite. They tested me like I was just a machine and did not try to get to know me at all. It took at least a few follow-up emails to get a reply in each stage. Overall, most people I met during the process sounded unprofessional.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Transfix.

Interview

Set up a phone call with HR talking about the position. I waited the phone call for 1 hr and emailed the HR, and there was no response. I messaged HR through LinkedIn and was told that the position has already been closed because they have found the people for the intern. No advance email to explain the situation, and when I logged into the Glassdoor this position is still open. I don’t know if it is an excuse or it is just discrimination.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Had a video call with a VP and then multiples emails back and forth with the VP and a recruiter. Came in for a GRUELING 3+ hour interview with 4 different sessions. Really felt I was just there to help them brainstorm ideas for problems they are currently facing. They did not take time to know me, just wanted to put me through their tests.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a project you led from beginning to end.   Answer Question
    • How would you create a pricing model for winning shipping auctions based on provided data points?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transfix.

Interview

90 days, not bad bit very very long and wont be getting commuter befits before hand, long week long college compus like learning.So its an ongoing for 90days itcan be good if you are up for it.

Interview Questions

• on the job , make a bunch of calls and see your sales. It will be akt of calls again, lot of rejections but sales kobs   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

technical phone screen was leetcode easy (fib, detect if substring is in string).
    onsite is 3 interviews systems design (twitter), programming (flatten an array) and non technical with eng manager.
    overall good experience, and nice recruiting team.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

I recently applied at Transfix for a software engineering role. I was very impressed with the entire process and felt it was the most well-rounded and personalized interview structure I had ever seen. I had an initial phone screen with a recruiter and then had a technical phone screen in which I was asked to solve a very practical business/coding problem that I would encounter on the job. For the onsite, I was asked another practical coding question, and then a more difficult coding question (similar to what you would see in leetcode med), and finally had a behavioral interview. I really appreciated the variety of problems presented throughout the process; it was clear that they valued practical problem-solving skills and communication as well as more advanced algorithms experience. This balance seemed to be well-designed to find candidates who can solve every day business problems and not just memorize solutions from Cracking the Coding Interview. Throughout the entire process, everyone I met with was extremely friendly and knowledgable and I could tell the culture and variety of work available were incredible. Also, they were very quick to respond to emails and give feedback so the entire process was very fast compared to other companies I've interviewed with.

After receiving an offer, I was given several opportunities to get to know the team members better, ask more questions, and learn more about the company and the opportunities there. I declined because I had another offer that better suited what I was looking for, but I have no doubt that working at this company would have been an exciting and enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Further optimize a solution that I had thought was adequate -- they encourage you to be creative and look at problems in different ways and under different restraints.   Answer Question

Carrier Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

The process to work at Transfix is easy: show an interest, apply, have a brief chat, come in on Monday. And from the sounds of it, you will have to work *very* hard to make only a small amount above your base salary.

Where I disagree is what they call their trial period they call 'boot camp', where you're paid a *very* low wage for something like 3 months before you start a higher salary, even though you're:

-working working full-time as everyone else
    -using their offices, equipment, and resources

All the while you're paid as an independent contractor, meaning you'll be responsible for your own payroll taxes come tax time! I'm not even sure given the requirements of the job that this is legal, but far be it from me to let them know. You'll also not be getting any benefits during your trial period, such as insurance or retirement if those are even options. It effectively means you'll be working 'under the table'.

The argument they make is that they don't want to start you one day only to let you go a month later for not meeting performance goals, which I understand, but other companies also have probationary periods where they start you at your regular salary with no issue at all.

Overall, seems like a neat organization to work at just out of school and learn the basics of sales, but definitely not more than a year.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions asked of me during the brief phone interview. This is very abnormal for a job interview.   Answer Question