Transfix Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 31 of over 31 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Transfix

Transfix

Application

I interviewed at Transfix

Interview

The interview process was well organized, everyone on the team were very informative, professional and nice. They also invested time in getting back to me and explaining why they proceeded with other candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Name a major fail in your career and how you resolved it.
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in Aug 2020

Interview

Contacted directly by the internal recruiter, who was nice and professional. Next step was 1 hour portfolio with the hiring manger, could present 1-2 projects of my choice. It went well and was straightforward. When I made it to the final round I was told it would be two separate 2-on-1 interviews, and another hour with the hiring manager again. Overall I would say that up until after the final round it was positive. However, I’m giving this a negative based on some key things: - take home design challenge: I know people are split on these and while they said only take 1-2 hours to complete, when I’m told I will be presenting it for 1 hour during the interview, there’s no way I wouldn’t put more time in to show my process and as much as I could. - without a heads up before the interview they asked me on the spot to record the presentation, which made me feel uncomfortable and no way for me to say no in the moment. While the challenge was using an unrelated company, the gist of the challenge was part of the core business so it does feel a little bit of a flag (aka soliciting free work) - after the interview both the recruiter and hiring manager reached out said there was positive feedback and to keep me posted on my other interviews, as they may need a few weeks since I was early in the process - the follow ups continued for another week, and then an excuse from the recruiter that they were having issues with timing and to not wait for them but they would check back in - this turned into over 5 weeks, when I finally reached out to close out the process and try to get detailed feedback on the interview since I invested a lot of time with them I was told they changed the parameters of their search (details made no sense but I won’t share more here) Bottom line sounds disorganized, and unprofessional to string someone along. It’s perfectly Ok to just say to a candidate they’re not a fit.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in Mar 2020

Interview

2 intro rounds of behaviorals and small technicals. 1 round of case study with the financials of a public competitor and evaluating the opportunity set 1 final round to discuss the case

Interview Questions
  • Q: why would you leave the world of finance for the world of startups?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in Feb 2020

Interview

I had a phone screen with their in-house recruiter, a phone call with the hiring manager, and then an on-site where I met with five different team members in focused, 40-minute sessions. Their recruiter was very warm and communicative throughout the process and gave me the impression that he's very organized and professional. They were very quick with giving me their decision and were eve transparent with their feedback. Even though I didn't get the job, it was one of the best interview processes I've been through.

Interview Questions
  • What one thing would your last boss want to change about you?
  • Did you build your last Salesforce platform or was it built when you started?
  • What are some processes you've built across teams?
  • What is your experience using automated marketing tools with Salesforce?
  • Describe a process you've built and what could be done better and what you don't like about it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY)

Interview

3 rounds. Recruiter phone screen Interview, then phone interview with manager of the group and then last round was in person interview that lasted about 3 hours consisting of mini interviews lasting about 15 minutes each with about 6 people total.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in Jun 2019

Interview

Submit your portfolio online and get a phone call interview and went to office to onsite interview and interview is very calm and easy. the interviewer makes you feel its a normal conversation

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Transfix

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transfix in Jun 2019

Interview

The interview process is very professional, one must prepare and do research for the mission and values of the company. People are very nice and humble just relax and answer questions comfortably.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in Apr 2019

Interview

recruiter phone call, technical video screen and onsite. They tested me like I was just a machine and did not try to get to know me at all. It took at least a few follow-up emails to get a reply in each stage. Overall, most people I met during the process sounded unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Transfix

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Transfix

Interview

Set up a phone call with HR talking about the position. I waited the phone call for 1 hr and emailed the HR, and there was no response. I messaged HR through LinkedIn and was told that the position has already been closed because they have found the people for the intern. No advance email to explain the situation, and when I logged into the Glassdoor this position is still open. I don’t know if it is an excuse or it is just discrimination.

3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Transfix (New York, NY) in Mar 2019

Interview

Had a video call with a VP and then multiples emails back and forth with the VP and a recruiter. Came in for a GRUELING 3+ hour interview with 4 different sessions. Really felt I was just there to help them brainstorm ideas for problems they are currently facing. They did not take time to know me, just wanted to put me through their tests.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a project you led from beginning to end.
  • How would you create a pricing model for winning shipping auctions based on provided data points?
3 people found this interview helpful