Transfreight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Transfreight Interview Questions

3.2

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tipp City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Transfreight (Tipp City, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process was good enough, though the culture and work environment weren't very well described. The atmosphere was not as relaxed as it might have been, and the managers really didn't understand the trucking industry very well. The initial screening was through a temporary agency, who does the screening. It was about like all of the interviews that I have had in the industry. The managers really didn't understand the the reality of trucking. They were really good with computers, but were poor in their understanding of the trucking industry. One of the supervisors left the firm while I was there, and they declined to tell me the reason that they were leaving, which I thought was rather odd. IF they were leaving I would have appreciated knowing why they were leaving.

Interview Questions

• Experience with trucking and solving problems in trucking.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a lot of negotiation. They stated the hourly pay and it was more than I was making, so I accepted the offer.

Transportation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Transfreight (Princeton, IN) in July 2010.

Interview

I was given a short phone interview and then was called for a panel interview after about 2 1/2 weeks. I was interviewed by the contract manager and the fleet supervisor who had only been employeed for 11/2 weeks. I felt as thought niether of them were comfortable with their role as interviewer which made me uncomfortable as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something did not work out well for you? How did you handle that? What might you have done differently? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Yard Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Transfreight (Cambridge, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Lengthy process. There were a lot of duplicate questions and not a lot of logical flow. Team leaders were present during the interview process who had little to no experience in their own roles who were deciding on candidates for the position. There were long delays between interviews. The questions focused on situations that would never really happen in the role and were geared towards more supervisory and management positions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a project you had to complete and how you presented it to management.   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Transfreight.

Interview

Interview process will be drawn out. Expect several phone interviews as well as multiple in person interviews. Emphasis problem solving, customer service and time management skills Focus on what you bring to the table, not what you expect from them. Have to hand several good examples of when you faced a problem and a step by step explanation of how you solved the problem. Emphasis strong work ethic and creative thinking skills.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Transfreight does not negotiate. They prefer to hire right out of college so they rely upon low expectation from their job seekers in reference to pay and benefits