Transport for NSW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Transport for NSW

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Only got to fist stage dace to face interview, very HR related questions . There are four face to face interview on one day. Online application is easy yo get through.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

Interview

Online testing, phone interview, and then face to face. Very good behavioral questions to test and challenge your communication and problem solving skills. The interview was very structural. It was standard process in government sector. The whole process took very long as expected. I'm comfortable with the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us an example where you dealt with a particular situation/type of people...   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Online Questions and multiple Face to face interviews. Face to face interviews were done in 4 rooms, with two people marking your responses. You had 5 minutes to respond to each question.

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2018.

Interview

Application - Online Quiz - Video Interview - Assessment Centre

Application process is standard. Online quiz about basic numeracy and literacy were easy. Video interview was fast paced so be prepared. Being comfortable is the key. Haven't reached the assessment centre phase.

Interview Questions

• What are the benefits of working in a culturally diverse workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial online psychometric test (language) followed by a secondary group of three psychometric tests (numerical, analytical, ???). Then a multi mini interview (four questions with five minutes to answer each). Was expected to use the S.T.A.R. method to answer each of the questions. Feedback after unsuccessful application I was told that two of the four answers were not formulated into STAR format well enough. Other two were answered really well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were criticised, how did you feel about it and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • What is diversity to you?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a project which you took on from the beginning and through to completion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

online application - personal details, work experience and education
    online test - psychometric testing - verbal, numerical and diagrammatic
    mmi - did 4 mini interviews that took 5 minutes each in 4 different rooms with 2 ppl per a room

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with an Online Screening testing numeracy, pattern recognition and qualitative skills. This was followed by Multiple Mini Interviews, 4 separate interviews in an hour. This was to be followed by Group Session then followed by Final Interviews with the respective business divisions.

Interview Questions

• Describe which TfNSW value you most relate to.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you believed what you were doing was wrong and what you did to rectify it.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process:
    1. Online application
    2. Online Tests
    3. Multi mini interviews (4 total, 10 mins each)
    4. Assessment centre
    5. Pre-employment checks
    6. Offer

Interview process relatively smooth however long wait from AC to hear back whether you've made it to the next stage

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2015.

Interview

4 Mini Interviews, one question each with two interviewers from different departments
    5 minutes to answer each question
    The process was quick and easy, similar to speed dating.
    Seemed to be focused on the integrity of your character rather than your skills/knowledge/experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you have provided exceptional customer service
      What characteristics do you think we are looking for in our graduates
      Describe a time when you have been set back and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Four multi mini interviews (MMI), four HR type questions, 5 mins for each station. Interviewers are very nice. This one is third round. After this is group interview and role play.

Interview Questions

• One question about integrity and ethic, one question about leadership experience.   Answer Question