Troy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Troy Interview Questions

Interviews at Troy

3.2

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Troy.

Interview

Traditional structured interview process - initiated through a recruiter. The recruiter contacted me and then facilitated phone contact with HR. Phone interview with HR.... then phone interview with Sales VP and sales director.... then in person interviews at corporate with a number of people related to the sales process. After that they had me do a personality and skills profile.

They had an online tool for the candidate to enter 5 references - all of whom were contacted. They have an outside service that does background check, and resume check. I was required to provide W2s and 1099s for all employment that was listed on my resume in order to validate my employment as stated on the resume.

After all of that - then I had to do a company physical - also coordinated by an outside service. The physical was done at a Concentric location . This process was a hassle - they had 2 urine samples (one for health and one for drug test). Magically concentric lost my drug test urine sample..... and weeks later they finally notified of that.... I was unimpressed with Concentric and how they handled that drug test.

note - I recently learned that you can refuse to pass over your W2s and 1099s and ask the firm to contact previous employers since W2s are such sensitive documents, including ss#.... these outside services harbor lots of data on individuals wish is a bit scary with all the data hacks around us.

Interview Questions

• why did you leave your last position, how do you meet customer objections to price, how do you find new customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiated salary and vacation. They omitted sharing details on bonus mechanics and key dates on when the clock would start relative being eligible for bonus.... which would have been useful information to prevent (bad surprises)

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Troy (Newark, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

They require very formal attire. That wasn't a problem for me, but it was odd how many people asked if it was going to be an issue.
    Most people I met had only worked in NJ's chemical industry. Their business practices appeared to be stuck in time. One would have to work within that. I was willing to do so. In the end, they hired the "other candidate" who as a high school chemistry teacher who wanted to switch fields to Project Management. She had no training or experience in PM, but that was probably seen as a plus.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Troy.

Interview

Through a phone interview with a contractor. Then at Troy I met with various different department heads that I would be working with on a daily basis. We each had one on one. It took about 3 1/2 hours.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Troy (Florham Park, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Two phone screens and then an on-site interview. I ended up meeting and speaking with the lead recruiter for almost two hours, even though we were only scheduled for a half-hour. The process itself was very fast and easy. I was working at Troy within two weeks of my initial phone screen.

Talent Acquisition Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Troy (Florham Park, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

The hiring manager will conduct a phone screen first. Basic phone screen questions, i.e. why you are interested in this position, what is your salary expectation. Then an on-site interview. The hiring manager will mainly focus on the relevant work experience, i.e. why you do you like recruiting job, what are your achievements in your past role.