Troy Reviews | Glassdoor

Troy Reviews

Updated Mar 18, 2019

Found 48 reviews

2.9
Pros
  • "Fun people and great team atmosphere(in 3 reviews)

• "Troy is a solid, financially sound, growing company with many opportunities(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "No work from home, required to come in bad weather, bad 401K plan and bonus(in 5 reviews)

• "One one the worst places i ever worked at(in 3 reviews)

1. "Positive Changes"

I have been working at Troy full-time for more than a year

Pros

At Troy for 1 year and see many positive things. Glad to finally be with a company that is growing and secure.

Cons

Lean more toward flexibility in workplace

Troy2019-03-18

"Listen... I wouldn’t"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer

I worked at Troy full-time

Pros

Some people are okay if you are friendly My personal team was amazing My boss was a cool guy The new HR seems okay

Cons

The coffee is terrible like 1980s throwback The higher ups are terrible Employees get yelled to the point of tears Employees get intimidated Everyone is WATCHING you, get friends around you ASAP It’s very old school like I wouldn’t be surprised if someone in marketing called a pamphlet “groovy”

Advice to Management

Find a way to make things more laid back. Everyone for the MOST PART does their job and very well. When I was there, a lot of people left because the environment was stressful for no reason. Everyone is running around trying to put out a fire that isn’t there. Take modern practices into consideration.

Troy2019-02-15

"Bad Culture"

Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Troy full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are OK with the Cons below, it would be an OK place to work.

Cons

1) Employees are required to put in fingerprints, and it is used to record the work time. 2) Employees are expected to work 60-70 hours per week and that the immediate managers and owners always keep track of time. It is required to put in 60 hours per week to the least. 3) They give you seven sick days. Sick leaves are not allowed to take and that if you end up using any sick leaves, it reflects on your year-end...

Troy2019-01-20

February 5, 2019Global Talent Aquisitions Manager

As always, we appreciate any feedback and to any current employees at Troy, the HR department is here to support them in any way possible. #1) Correct, our time keeping system requires all employees to scan in via fingerprint when they enter and leave the building. We have four ...

"Look Elsewhere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

I worked at Troy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the people were some of the hardest working people I have ever encountered in my professional career. They are warm, welcoming, and very helpful. Note that I said SOME.

Cons

The owners are not very nice people. I have witnessed on a few occasions one of the owners getting a "tone" (or blatantly yelling at) with a few of the people, in front of everyone. The coffee machine is the same crappy one that they used in all offices in the 70s and 80s and only come in one flavor of "YUCK".

Advice to Management

Treat people with mutual respect and you will be amazed at how much harder they will work for you. For heaven's sake, spend some money and get a better coffee machine so that you can have eye-opening discussions on how to improve processes in place in any department. Good coffee promotes creative ideas; bad coffee repels great employees. It really is that simple. And one of the owners DEFINITELY needs to retire......

Troy2018-07-10
    • "Employee = Family"

I have been working at Troy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Caring, supportive bosses and co-workers that will go the distance for you .

Cons

We need good strong colleagues that know how to work as a team and communicate .

Advice to Management

Communication and hiring of people that want to learn and perform to their utmost .

Troy2018-05-19

July 9, 2018Global Talent Aquisitions Manager

Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback about Troy! It is wonderful to see such loyal and dedicated employees taking time out of their busy day to provide their thoughts on how Troy is such a great place to work. You are appreciated!

"Challenged"

I worked at Troy

Pros

Great co-workers who work hard to succeed everyday

Cons

Everything is a challenge, and senior management does not appreciate the efforts put forth on a day-to- basis.

Advice to Management

Modernize the IT and communications. There is no need to have so many meetings.

Troy2018-06-17

July 9, 2018Global Talent Aquisitions Manager

There are many hard working individuals that make up the success of Troy and the leaders of the company are certainly appreciative of everyone's efforts. Working at Troy gives employees an exciting challenge and opportunity to achieve their personal and company goals in a fast ...

• "Great Company!"

I have been working at Troy full-time

Pros

Growing company, fast paced, Global Environment. Executive Leadership and Owners are very supportive. Fun people and great team atmosphere!

Cons

Some office space is outdated

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive momentum

Troy2018-01-05
    • "Growing Company"

I have been working at Troy full-time

Pros

Lot's of opportunities and upper management seems to listen to employees. Have been impressed with the quality of recent hires.

Cons

Additional resources will be necessary to support the growth. Great opportunities.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees. Set up the organization to accommodate continued growth

Troy2018-01-05

"Horrible!"

I have been working at Troy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Zero pros at this company

Cons

Employees are treated terribly. Was told by my recruiter of flexible hours- far from! Employees of all levels including managers and directors are required to swipe in and out everyday. Every move is monitored. No flex time, no remote working. Forget about being ill, that’s not allowed either. Management always yelling at employees.

Advice to Management

Wake up. Treat employees better. Stop running a prison.

Troy2018-01-25

February 7, 2018Global Talent Aquisitions Manager

Dear "Current" Employee - this is surely not how we want our employees to feel. HR has an open door policy and if you are still currently working here, I implore you to please discuss further with HR directly.

"Exciting Times!"

I have been working at Troy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Troy is growing and changing rapidly. I'm excited to be part of a family owned company that has had such continual success year after year. It is a true testament to the dedication of the ownership and all of the people that work so hard for Troy.

Cons

No where you work is perfect.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people.

Troy2017-12-21