Trueself Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Trueself Group (Tacoma, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I sat down first with Dan, he asked me a couple of personal questions, told me about trueself group and what they do. How direct face to face sales can never be replaced, and the sales to management training program. The next day I interviewed with Jimmy. This was a more in depth interview, he asked me some questions about what I do and where I'm from. He really made me feel comfortable yet challenged me during the interview. Told me more in depth about the training and growth of the company. He really made me feel challenged in the interview process, so when I wrapped up with Dan afterwords I just wanted to get started! It is a great interview process and they made me feel comfortable and wanting to know more at the same time, getting to know me as a person before diving into what I'm looking for in a career.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trueself Group (Federal Way, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was sought out by a recruiter and they thought my skills would translate well to their vacant position. The interview process was very professional, they will instruct you to wear business attire (suit and tie). However, the first interview is only a meet and greet (5-10min and I found out while I arrived on site). The second interview is about an hour long process. For any management position, they want to start you off in sales first (about 1 year according to the interviewer). They are an outsourcing company who finds new customers for their clients. Their main client is Century Link. They try to gain new customers for their clients through face to face (in person) interaction. I asked if this was a door 2 door job and the interviewer said no (however, how else would you gain new customers face to face if it's not door 2 door or through social media). I've read a comment from a previous employee on glass door (only 1 with negative ratings about the company, stating it is door 2 door). Pay is by commission, so unless you are exceptional in sales, this will be difficult to earn a living. I was accepted for a 2nd interview, however, I declined because I need a salary based earning to support myself that's steady and not something that will fluctuate. I decided to stay at my current employment and tough it out until I find something more financially stable.

Interview Questions

• I know that we reached out to you, but why would you like to work for us?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trueself Group (Portland, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

Fun, informative and I got taken out for coffee! Nice lobby when you enter the office, friendly administrator at the front desk. Top 40 music playing in the background. Had a great vibe and everyone was super nice.

Interview Questions

• They asked what something I do well and something I could improve on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trueself Group (Federal Way, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a three stage interview process, the first was a brief interaction with the hiring manager about the position, the second was about an hour long with an Account Manager going into full detail about the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were disappointed in your performance and what would you have done differently?   Answer Question

Sales Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trueself Group (Federal Way, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I drove an hour one way for what turned out to be a meet and greet with the manager. The position had been pitched as a sales trainer position. He asked me a few questions about myself and how I liked working one on one with people. He wanted to close the interview 10 minutes in saying I would get a call for the second interview that afternoon. I started asking questions. As it turns out this is a door to door sales position for Century Link, who Trueself contracts with. This position is commission only. The meet and greet could have easily been done over the phone. It was a complete waste of time. I would never be interested in door to door, unless I was desperate. Their website says nothing about door to door and had I not asked the questions I asked, he would not have disclosed that to me and I would have found myself in a second, much more lengthy interview. I had to ask him point blank if this was door to door. I had been told over the phone that this position started in sales and would move to trainer within three months. The manager said the time frame was closer to a year. NO THANK YOU!

Interview Questions

• Do you like working face to face with people?   1 Answer

Trueself Group Response

Aug 16, 2017 – President

Dear Interviewee,
    We greatly appreciate your feedback and your time and we are very sorry you had a negative experience with us; we try to avoid that by preemptively stating the length of our... More

Sales Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trueself Group (Federal Way, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was fairly standard. Mostly consisted of behavioral questions. It was a chill, relaxed process. No curveballs or anything like that. They just want to get to know you and who you are, and if you'll fit in to their culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem creatively   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Trueself Group (Federal Way, WA) in March 2018.

Interview

This company is a joke! Be aware as this agency contacted me and scheduled me an interview for a Sales Manager position, however they are looking for a simple Salesman/Sales Person aka door-to-door sales person not Manager. When I went to the interview, they have this alibi/answer that they promote within the company (which is fine, as its seems normal), but you cannot call and interview experienced Manager for a sales person position without clarifying this. They said the position is SALES MANAGER which is misleading and lie. I'm proven Manager and used to run multi million $ company. They mislead people with lie and wrong information and waste my day driving from Seattle to Federal way and back. I strongly advise before u do anything with this firm to double check what position you are applying to save u the trip and the valuable time that they don't appreciate it! Joke & Lie, don't waste your time!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Trueself Group (Federal Way, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

This company has 3 different names: oneself, trueself, and Zenith Acquisitions. All are just applying for door to door sales for CenturyLink. They say they are trying to build you up to become a trainer, but they appear to be lying through their teeth. Don't waste your time on this pyramid scheme.

Interview Questions

• What person, dead or alive, would you want to spend a day with?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Trueself Group (Federal Way, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

The process was fairly straightforward, and the initial interview lasted about 15 minutes. I declined a second interview after learning that the position would start as door-to-door sales. Because this was something I was not interested in and was also a requirement for the position, I declined to move forward with the process. If you're okay with door-to-door then this is the place for you.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trueself Group (Federal Way, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Easy process. First interview was with the manager talking briefly about the job. The second interview happened the same day and involved going to a nearby coffee shop where they asked further questions about you. There is also a third interview. They say they work for Fortune 500 companies, however they really just mean Century Link. It is a door-to-door sales job. Each day starts at the office in Federal Way in which you are then dispersed to assigned territories with a list of places and a map. Hours are 11:30am-8pm weekdays and you would have to work Saturdays. No base, no benefits. Commission only. No reimbursement for gas expenses and you would have to drive out far either all the way up far North of Seattle or far South of Seattle, for example, so you can expect a lot of driving time. They say they promote only from within, however that promotion usually does not happen until after around 1.5 years. Your first year you can expect 30-40k range.

Interview Questions

• Who would you meet if you could meet anyone dead or alive?   Answer Question