Truman State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.5

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Truman State University (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager was about 45 plus my questions. Very indepth, but easy going. Then had a personality quiz followed by an in-person interview with hiring manager and another manager. Numerous questions, but laid back. Met much of the staff while at interview. Also received a short project to complete with a 2-3 response time.

Interview Questions

• When planning an event, what would be the initial items you would include to build your marketing plan upon?   Answer Question

IT Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirksville, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Truman State University (Kirksville, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through a online job portal of the university. I was called by a student worker who helped me set up a time for an interview with the supervisor. The interview was very interesting but long.

ITS Student Worker Interview

Interview

Apply online and interview in the office

Residence Life Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirksville, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Truman State University (Kirksville, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

There was an online application with several short answer questions. A week after the application deadline, Residence Life sent an email indicating whether or not I qualified for the interview stage. There were several interview days to choose from. The interview stage was composed of one professional interview with several Residence Hall staff as well as several other group activities with other interested applicants. The professional interview was very generic, with all of the typical interview questions. The group activities were very creative and interesting. For example in one activity we were assigned to create a game or sport using a box full of random toys and trinkets.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question in the interview was: "What kind of experience do you have in giving advice and counseling other people who are in trouble?"   Answer Question

Clerical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirksville, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Truman State University (Kirksville, MO) in August 2012.

Interview

You apply online after viewing a long list of various positions. With such a multitude of jobs from every single department, you are sure to find one suited for you. You meet with the job supervisor and he or she simply asks you basic interview questions. Their biggest concern is attendance and a good work ethic.

Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirksville, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Truman State University (Kirksville, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

Met faculty and students at a national conference and was invited to apply - which encouraged me to do so.

Interview Questions

• Would I accept a temporary position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation and job expectations were not clarified.

Assistant Professor, Economics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Truman State University in November 2011.

Interview

skype interview and phone call. They have you set up a connection then you will be interview by the department chair. It depends on which position that you apply the according manager of the position will interview you. Overall, it was an ok interview, there are some questions that I had to think twice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose working here?   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirksville, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Truman State University (Kirksville, MO) in August 2011.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. There was not really an interview. I was called to come in and my boss to be gave me a list of responsibilities that would be mine to perform

Negotiation

No negotiations

Student Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirksville, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Truman State University (Kirksville, MO) in October 2010.

Interview

I sent a cover letter and resume to my boss and he emailed me a few months later saying I was in. There was no real interview. To even get on the list to be potentially hired I just had to be a non-freshman science major, and I am not sure what they looked for beyond that. Apparently I had what they needed though.

Truman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirksville, MO

Application

I interviewed at Truman State University (Kirksville, MO) in June 2009.

Interview

It was pretty easy. I knew a lot of people already that worked here and I went to the University as well so I am sure that opened a lot of doors for me as well. The interviewers made me feel relaxed and at home and really made me feel comfortable. Most of the questions I knew the answers to so the interview went very smoothly.