TubeMogul Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at TubeMogul

2.9

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TubeMogul (Emeryville, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Met with a recruiter and found my information. Had a chat, passed my resume onto the lead data scientist. had a phone with their lead for 30 minutes and liked what he heard. Went to onsite after thanksgiving break. Met with their director of digital marketing, a software engineer, and their lead data scientist. I did not get an offer. It was strange, I was interviewed as if I was applying for a software engineering role. I had only software questions, no modeling or data relate things.. At the end I had a great chat with their Data Scientist.

Interview Questions

• how do you turn a LIFO into a FIFO. How do you find a min value of the nodes in a Binary Tree? How do you deal with null or empty nodes? An SQL question.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TubeMogul.

Interview

One of the most worst and unprofessional interview I have ever had in my experience. I was interviewed by new graduate but he claimed that he was a leading the team. Initially my interview was scheduled for hour long but the guy who interviewed me told that we need to wind up in 20 minutes. So in 20 minutes i have given him a working solution to the problem and immediately after that he said it is Friday he wants to wind up things as he is still in office. With out even proper introduction he jumped in to the question directly and was quite surprised what would the team culture. If you want to have your friend or some known person in your team please don't waste time of others. I have 11 years of experience and I would definitely avoid this company in the future. Also advice others to be careful while applying for such companies.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TubeMogul.

Interview

Overall it was very unprofessional. Had a 30 minutes conversation with a Recruiter for a company Adobe recently acquired in Emeryville. She mentioned how she would circle back in couple of days after checking with various teams within Adobe who might be interested.

However, after trying to followup multiple times via email or call, I didn't get any response.
    The HR recruiter was unprofessional and I was NOT impressed with their responsiveness and follow up.

Revenue Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TubeMogul.

Interview

The interview process took like about 3-4 weeks. Started with a recruiter calling me and asking what I want for my next career move and described the company and what they did. After that I was invited to an onsite with hiring managers and team member. Super laid back, they made me feel comfortable with the process.

Product Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TubeMogul (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process took over 2 months because the position went off and then back on the market. With 2 initial phone calls and then an in person interview, which consisted of 3 one-on-one interviews. There was then an on-site assignment taking over an hour and a half, finishing with a 7 min presentation. They unfortunately did not inform me of the project beforehand, although I wish they had. After following up multiple times after the onsite there was never a response from the recruiter or the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Create a product marketing pitch deck (1 hr prep, 7 min presentation)   Answer Question

Entry Level Position Interview

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by email approx 3 days later. I proceeded to a phone screen and the next couple of interviews were conducted via video conference. The interviewers were very helpful as they answered most of the questions I had about their work and the environment at the company.

Interview Questions

• What is one mistake or difficulty you encountered and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

Got a phone screen. Short talk about my background and why product is interesting to me. Wanted to make sure I was passionate about ad-tech. Then they set up my in-person interview for the following week. Couple of days before that, they told me they no longer wanted to hire a product marketing associate...

Entry Level Position Interview

Interview

The initial recruiter suddenly couldn't conduct the first interview call the day it was scheduled and had another person interview me. The questions were standard and asked about my previous work experience.
    The recruiter didn't really care about my experiences but only my excel skills. I felt as though I was overqualified but I got a rejection email the very next day.
    I was really enthusiastic about TubeMogul when I met the original recruiter at the career fair but the other recruiter who was my interviewer had not even looked at my resume and asked really generic questions with a rather condescending attitude.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TubeMogul (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

Phone screen spoke with a director. Really smart guy who went over the business model of the company and what is expected of me. Then a recruiter scheduled an onsite interview where i met 4 including the director. Three of the were technical in nature. The interview process was smooth and I was informed of their decision in a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• SQL join question - White board
      How would you find a duplicate in a list of million entries.   Answer Question

IT Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TubeMogul (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was introduced to the CTO through a mutual friend and was quickly able to schedule a time to chat over coffee. The chat turned into lunch and the expectation of a call from the PMO lead. Instead, an internal recruiter called with his mind already made up that I wouldn't be happy with the job or salary or something, phrasing virtually every question with a version of, "yes, but would you really be happy?" A few days later (and 4:30 on a Friday) the generic email arrives saying they're moving forward on interviews with "...a candidate who better fits the requirements". While I understand the role of HR screeners, this one made a huge mistake making assumptions that border on discriminatory and unfair hiring practices, completely unable or unwilling to see the candidate presenting himself for who he is. For a company that prides itself in its high Do:Say ratio, my experience was TubeMogul is all talk and no action.

Interview Questions

• But will you really be happy?   1 Answer