TubeMogul Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TubeMogul Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TubeMogul.

Interview

Overall it was very unprofessional. Had a 30 minutes conversation with a Recruiter for a company Adobe recently acquired in Emeryville. She mentioned how she would circle back in couple of days after checking with various teams within Adobe who might be interested.

However, after trying to followup multiple times via email or call, I didn't get any response.
    The HR recruiter was unprofessional and I was NOT impressed with their responsiveness and follow up.

Revenue Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TubeMogul.

Interview

The interview process took like about 3-4 weeks. Started with a recruiter calling me and asking what I want for my next career move and described the company and what they did. After that I was invited to an onsite with hiring managers and team member. Super laid back, they made me feel comfortable with the process.

Product Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TubeMogul (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process took over 2 months because the position went off and then back on the market. With 2 initial phone calls and then an in person interview, which consisted of 3 one-on-one interviews. There was then an on-site assignment taking over an hour and a half, finishing with a 7 min presentation. They unfortunately did not inform me of the project beforehand, although I wish they had. After following up multiple times after the onsite there was never a response from the recruiter or the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Create a product marketing pitch deck (1 hr prep, 7 min presentation)   Answer Question

Entry Level Position Interview

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by email approx 3 days later. I proceeded to a phone screen and the next couple of interviews were conducted via video conference. The interviewers were very helpful as they answered most of the questions I had about their work and the environment at the company.

Interview Questions

• What is one mistake or difficulty you encountered and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

Got a phone screen. Short talk about my background and why product is interesting to me. Wanted to make sure I was passionate about ad-tech. Then they set up my in-person interview for the following week. Couple of days before that, they told me they no longer wanted to hire a product marketing associate...

Entry Level Position Interview

Interview

The initial recruiter suddenly couldn't conduct the first interview call the day it was scheduled and had another person interview me. The questions were standard and asked about my previous work experience.
    The recruiter didn't really care about my experiences but only my excel skills. I felt as though I was overqualified but I got a rejection email the very next day.
    I was really enthusiastic about TubeMogul when I met the original recruiter at the career fair but the other recruiter who was my interviewer had not even looked at my resume and asked really generic questions with a rather condescending attitude.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TubeMogul (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

Phone screen spoke with a director. Really smart guy who went over the business model of the company and what is expected of me. Then a recruiter scheduled an onsite interview where i met 4 including the director. Three of the were technical in nature. The interview process was smooth and I was informed of their decision in a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• SQL join question - White board
      How would you find a duplicate in a list of million entries.   Answer Question

IT Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TubeMogul (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was introduced to the CTO through a mutual friend and was quickly able to schedule a time to chat over coffee. The chat turned into lunch and the expectation of a call from the PMO lead. Instead, an internal recruiter called with his mind already made up that I wouldn't be happy with the job or salary or something, phrasing virtually every question with a version of, "yes, but would you really be happy?" A few days later (and 4:30 on a Friday) the generic email arrives saying they're moving forward on interviews with "...a candidate who better fits the requirements". While I understand the role of HR screeners, this one made a huge mistake making assumptions that border on discriminatory and unfair hiring practices, completely unable or unwilling to see the candidate presenting himself for who he is. For a company that prides itself in its high Do:Say ratio, my experience was TubeMogul is all talk and no action.

Interview Questions

• But will you really be happy?   1 Answer

Account Management Interview

Application

I interviewed at TubeMogul in February 2016.

Interview

I thought it was going good..I had 1 phone interview and 1 face to face interview. I had a great feeling that this was going to work out. Almost 3 weeks had went by and no feedback. Very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• usual interview questions..why do you want to work here etc.   Answer Question

Corporate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TubeMogul (Emeryville, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Initial 20 min call with recruiter where she asked basic questions about sales background and overall experience. Then, a 2-hour onsite interview where you meet with 3 people (One Account Executive, Director of Sales and Sales Manager) . If you do well on the interview, they give you a take home assignment where you need to find a prospect of a company, write an email, and create a 3-4 powerpoint presentation where you need to pitch TubeMugul. The presentation is a mock call/webinar with director of sales and sales manager; it takes about 20 minutes and be prepared because they ask questions just as if it was a real presentation with a prospect.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at TubeMogul? (do your homework on the company and ad industry)   Answer Question