TubeMogul Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 56 of over 56 interviews

Employee Referral15%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TubeMogul (Emeryville, CA) in Nov 2017

Interview

Met with a recruiter and found my information. Had a chat, passed my resume onto the lead data scientist. had a phone with their lead for 30 minutes and liked what he heard. Went to onsite after thanksgiving break. Met with their director of digital marketing, a software engineer, and their lead data scientist. I did not get an offer. It was strange, I was interviewed as if I was applying for a software engineering role. I had only software questions, no modeling or data relate things.. At the end I had a great chat with their Data Scientist.

Interview Questions
  • how do you turn a LIFO into a FIFO. How do you find a min value of the nodes in a Binary Tree? How do you deal with null or empty nodes? An SQL question.
    Answer Question

TubeMogul

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at TubeMogul

Interview

One of the most worst and unprofessional interview I have ever had in my experience. I was interviewed by new graduate but he claimed that he was a leading the team. Initially my interview was scheduled for hour long but the guy who interviewed me told that we need to wind up in 20 minutes. So in 20 minutes i have given him a working solution to the problem and immediately after that he said it is Friday he wants to wind up things as he is still in office. With out even proper introduction he jumped in to the question directly and was quite surprised what would the team culture. If you want to have your friend or some known person in your team please don't waste time of others. I have 11 years of experience and I would definitely avoid this company in the future. Also advice others to be careful while applying for such companies.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

TubeMogul

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TubeMogul

Interview

Overall it was very unprofessional. Had a 30 minutes conversation with a Recruiter for a company Adobe recently acquired in Emeryville. She mentioned how she would circle back in couple of days after checking with various teams within Adobe who might be interested. However, after trying to followup multiple times via email or call, I didn't get any response. The HR recruiter was unprofessional and I was NOT impressed with their responsiveness and follow up.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

TubeMogul

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TubeMogul

Interview

The interview process took like about 3-4 weeks. Started with a recruiter calling me and asking what I want for my next career move and described the company and what they did. After that I was invited to an onsite with hiring managers and team member. Super laid back, they made me feel comfortable with the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at TubeMogul (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

The interview process took over 2 months because the position went off and then back on the market. With 2 initial phone calls and then an in person interview, which consisted of 3 one-on-one interviews. There was then an on-site assignment taking over an hour and a half, finishing with a 7 min presentation. They unfortunately did not inform me of the project beforehand, although I wish they had. After following up multiple times after the onsite there was never a response from the recruiter or the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • Create a product marketing pitch deck (1 hr prep, 7 min presentation)

TubeMogul

Application

I interviewed at TubeMogul

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by email approx 3 days later. I proceeded to a phone screen and the next couple of interviews were conducted via video conference. The interviewers were very helpful as they answered most of the questions I had about their work and the environment at the company.

Interview Questions
  • What is one mistake or difficulty you encountered and how did you deal with it?

TubeMogul

Application

I interviewed at TubeMogul

Interview

Got a phone screen. Short talk about my background and why product is interesting to me. Wanted to make sure I was passionate about ad-tech. Then they set up my in-person interview for the following week. Couple of days before that, they told me they no longer wanted to hire a product marketing associate...

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

TubeMogul

Application

I interviewed at TubeMogul

Interview

The initial recruiter suddenly couldn't conduct the first interview call the day it was scheduled and had another person interview me. The questions were standard and asked about my previous work experience. The recruiter didn't really care about my experiences but only my excel skills. I felt as though I was overqualified but I got a rejection email the very next day. I was really enthusiastic about TubeMogul when I met the original recruiter at the career fair but the other recruiter who was my interviewer had not even looked at my resume and asked really generic questions with a rather condescending attitude.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at TubeMogul (Singapore) in May 2016

Interview

Interview process took around 7 weeks from submission of application to receipt of email of results from HR. The first phase of the interview is a phone screen interview from a person from Talent Acquisition. It was an easy phone chat, nothing technical was asked, just work history, experience with working with a team, general professional experience, etc. The TA person was very good and professional. Next step is face to face interview with HIring Manager after 2 weeks. Hiring Manager was also very professional and straight to the point with his questions. Next step was to go through a series of interviews spanning across 2 hours with a Director of Sales, MD, and another Senior Account Manager. Everyone was great, knowledgeable, professional. The experience was more like a great discussion about programmatic, about the industry in general. It provided me an insight on the day to day requirements of the job and also on the culture of the company--more than anything I got really excited with the prospect of possibly working with these people. Unfortunately I got the rejection letter 3 weeks after my last interview. It was indeed heartbreaking but of course I have to move on. It was good experience over all.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TubeMogul (Emeryville, CA)

Interview

Phone screen spoke with a director. Really smart guy who went over the business model of the company and what is expected of me. Then a recruiter scheduled an onsite interview where i met 4 including the director. Three of the were technical in nature. The interview process was smooth and I was informed of their decision in a couple of days.

Interview Questions
  • SQL join question - White board How would you find a duplicate in a list of million entries.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 56 Interviews