Tulane University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tulane University Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.4

Laboratory Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tulane University.

Interview

There was an in person group interview after three weeks of applying.
    There was a two week waiting period for offer with plenty of email correspondence between Hiring Manager offer and HR offer
    It took three week to do the on boarding process
    There was no training involved

Interview Questions

• How do you handle tough people? Faculty aren't always the easiest to work with.   Answer Question

Senior Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tulane University.

Interview

Quick offer after applying. Panel questioning with about four people. None seemed intimidating. Made it pretty casual. Short time-wise interviews. Had to go back for second interview with higher up. Second interview with higher up was not as casual. Not very flexible in offering you time slots for interviews. Took a lot of time to describe the job itself.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe myself. What was my strengths? What are my weaknesses? What does my typical work day like?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tulane University.

Interview

only 1 interview and easy questions, met with some staff and physicians, all friendly, walked around clinic, very short interview process with physician and administrator, just asked basic interview questions and spoke about the program and the expected responsibilities of the position, very laid back and conversational

Associate Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tulane University (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Standard seminar on work followed by meeting with department members to discuss your and their work. Met with department chair to discuss the department and what was planned for the future.

Interview Questions

• Mainly bout the work you are doing. Asked about the courses that I would be interested and how many grants I could get.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tulane University (New Orleans, LA) in August 2015.

Interview

I've taken the professor's class last year and got a good grade. So I asked her if I can be her TA this year and she agreed. Just make sure your schedule fits her class.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to solve all the questions the students are gonna have?   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tulane University in June 2015.

Interview

Skype interview, brief, general questions. I was over qualified for the job and they said they "needed to hire" before a hiring date freeze.

Two people were on the other end of the interview. One was my direct boss and the other was a person whom I never met in person once at Tulane. I believe they were a professor or a program director.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Tulane?   1 Answer

Ph D Students Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tulane University.

Interview

Interviewed with several professors and Asst. Dean on the same day. The questions ranged from my hobbies to research interest but it was more like a conversation which led me to believe that it was more about assessing my personality than my academic achievement. It of course depends a lot on the professor interviewing you.

Journeyman Plumber Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tulane University in May 2015.

Interview

It was very fast. The have somewhat good benefits but not the best it could be better. I really wanted the job but there's a big difference between what they want to pay to what they are supposed to pay. I was very shocked to hear what they wanted my start pay. You may get a raise once a year if you do a good job. Its a great starting out job if you are just getting started with the trade but if your a senior at this. Don't waste your time. Or ask him what is the pay rate before you go any further.

Interview Questions

• would I work for $15 an hour. what would it take for me to accept the job offer.   1 Answer

Not enough pay. I can't support my family on that kind of wage. I would be very surprised to see that position filled for that kind of pay. Helpers make that kind of pay. Not experienced plumbers that have been doing this trade for years.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tulane University (New Orleans, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was straightforward. Very friendly faculty. We mostly talked about common interests, which pretty much was the reason why I got the interview in first place. We used emails and Skype for the interview. I mostly went over faculty's website trying to find common interests, technically I got called because of that. Other than that, I was not offered a visiting stipend.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much common questions for a prospective graduate student, GPA, experience, in-common connections.   1 Answer

Got another offer.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tulane University (New Orleans, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted an online application. Did not hear a response for over 3 months. Eventually I reached out and they decided to do an in person interview with the hiring manager. Was hired the next day.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you multitasking? (i.e. talking with customers, providing customer service, problem solving)   Answer Question