Turn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 20, 2017

3.1

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turn (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

HR is the MOST disorganized ever - kept rescheduling, didn't tell me when hiring manager is going to call, did not follow up after on site interview - have to call and get them to work so that they can give you a final answer. This is quite disrespectful.
    The role is analytics and client-facing yet none of the people in the on site interview asked me a single analytics/SQL/technical question.

Scientist, Applied Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turn (Redwood City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online in the morning, a recruiter by the name of Farri contacted me in the afternoon on the same day I applied. Then had a phone interview with an engineer 3 days later. Had another phone interview 1 week later. Then proceeded to onsite interview two weeks later. The recruiter, Farri, started to engage with me at this point. She's the most engaging recruiter I ever met. Farri went through many details ensuring that the process works out well for both parties (company and candidate).

Research Engineer Applied Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Turn (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

1 hour phone interview, first ask some background questions according to your resume. the start coding via google docs. I think we talk too much and less time for the coding part. The following day a rejection email came and I guess it's because I didn't implement the real code but pseudocode instead.

Interview Questions

• how to get all combination from 4 list, each list contains certain numbers.   1 Answer

Applied Science Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turn in April 2016.

Interview

Very smooth experience, seems somewhat scripted. Three phone interviews. First was on algorithms, second and third were on applied and theoretical data science. Questions were not too difficult and fair. Algorithm questions were easy to medium on leetcode, answer 3 or 4 within an hour. Data science questions focused on learning theory and statistical basics. Questions pertained to regularization, variance of sample mean, etc. Heavy emphasis on bias-variance tradeoff.

Interview Questions

• Describe undersampling in terms of the bias/variance tradeoff.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turn.

Interview

A bad interview experience as they made me do 3 one hour technical phone interviews, spread over several weeks, even though I was a local candidate. The recruiter also demanded that I provide the name of every company & position I was interviewing for, which no other company had done.

Interview Questions

• What other companies & positions are you currently applying for?   1 Answer

Partner Operation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turn (Redwood City, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Overall impression: incredibly disorganized and unprofessional. Forgot to contact me to tell me when the hiring manager will call me, forgot to give me an NDA when I came into the interview, most of my interviews were through video conferencing that didn't work so I ended up with 10-15 minute interviews, and sent me rejection email with spelling errors. I'm sure this is a great place to work but the recruiting team did not leave me with a great impression.

Interview Questions

• How many planes take off in a 24 hour period in the US?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turn (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very odd. The recruiter asked me nothing about my work experience or what I knew about Turn. He didn't even spend any time describing the company to me. He just asked for my current salary said it was in their range and then told me that my resume was not very strong.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turn.

Interview

came in for an onsite after going through the phone screen and a phone interview. of the 5 interviewers, only one of them was actually likeable and nice. the others.... condescending and clueless of what questions to ask me. really rude for an interviewer to, instead of clarify a question, roll his eyeballs and say "whatever". almost tops the other rude interviewer who came smelling like a ashtray and not knowing what questions to ask at all. the question he does come up with is what animal would I be? what kind of people do you hire, turn?

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Turn in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager directly emailed to set up a phone interview within a day of applying online.
    The second phone interview was with a peer who couldn't stop talking about her own achievements. She said the interview went great and my profile was almost the same as hers and that I fit the position. But, she was very guarded and her responses felt like she thought I might become a competition to her if I am hired into the team.
    It was a little weird that she kept asking me for financial formulas and not much else. It was not a junior position and knowing the formulas without concepts was not going to help. Again, it felt like she was trying to insult or diminish my experience to feed more purpose to her existence.
    Did not hear back from anyone after the second phone interview.

Credit Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Turn (Redwood City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was brought in for one interview with two people and was called back for an interview with three people, process and feedback were positive. The problem came when they promised to call me as it was said during the second interview I was a fit, Fast forward two weeks and no call or email, only a posting on a media site. So four hours of interviews and a promise to contact me. This is a huger red flag.