Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center

2.0

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Rockaway, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (East Rockaway, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

easy, simple, unintimidating, Susan was a pleasure to sit and talk with, no difficult or unexpected questions. very informative. given a tour of all classrooms and building. long paperwork process and training process is unnecessarily long. but they pay you for your time training.

Interview Questions

• what is your opinion on implementing "time out" in the classroom as a behavior management technique.   2 Answers

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center.

Interview

Note: This job is listed as "Assistant Teacher" but Glassdoor is telling me that's not a job title.

Overall I found this experience to be extremely unprofessional. I applied online and had a missed call from them. They left no voicemail and did not email me so the only way I even knew it was them is because I googled the phone number. I set up an interview and went in. The actual interview itself took less than ten minutes. In defense of Tutor Time, I have no professional experience in child care so many of the questions did not apply to me.

I was told the director wasn't there that day (I believe the office manager was my interviewer but I could be wrong) so she told me to wait 24 hours for the director to call me and if I didn't receive a call to go ahead and call myself. This strikes me as a bit odd but whatever, fine. So I waited as told, past the 24 hours a bit because hey, things happen and maybe she'd be a bit late.

She wasn't, so upon calling her myself, I was told she hadn't gone over the interview notes yet and she said something along the lines of, "I'll call you later today and if not today, Monday. Probably. Maybe."

It's Monday as I write this and I haven't yet received a call. Honestly, after the interview I had a bad taste in my mouth anyway, so even if I am offered this job, I will not take it.

Teacher Interview

Interview

applied online. set up date to come in. sat with director and talked. had a school tour. met other staff. set up return date. asked questions before leaving and was on my way.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work with children?   1 Answer

Lead Teacher Interview

Interview

They call for phone screening after you submit an application. General questions. Then in person interview which is pretty straight forward. You just talk about work history and the hours you’re available.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anthem, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (Anthem, AZ).

Interview

Took months to receive a call for an interview, interview process with the director was not like a common interview. She mostly just spoke about the job itself and didn't ask any questions on credentials and then showed me around the school. The interviewer (director of the school) eft several times during the "interview" to answer phones or speak with staff. Left the interview really questioning if this was a professional environment. I had follow up interviews with the regional and district managers which ultimately helped me feel like this could be a good fit. I wish I listened to my gut and never took the job however as the regional and district managers are an extremely small part of the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Gave me less than I asked for and left no real room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (Wichita, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

Excessive questions asking, albeit in different forms, all the same questions.
    Hiring manager was quite friendly and personable despite the ridiculous number of repeated inquiries.
    The amount of time allotted for the interview process as average. They packed a lot of junk into a small time frame.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this field?   1 Answer

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (Detroit, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy asked questions about your experience.
    I applied online then got a email to do a phone screening and after the phone screening a few days later got anther email about a interview!

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

1. I applied online. There is an easy screening test.
    2. Called to set up an interview time.
    3. Met with the Director and Assistant Director to answer at least 20-30 questions. They submit a background test. No drug testing here... hm...

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past teaching experiences. If "this" happened while teaching... what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I got the interview, went in and sat with the director and assistant director. They asked me basic questions that you would expect when applying for a child care position. They told me up front if they thought I was a good fit.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodyear, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (Goodyear, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Basic interview questions, asked what I'm looking for; the manager who was giving the interview didn't even know I was coming in that day for an interview. It took another 5 days to get background check and fingerprint clearance once I was offered the position

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're qualified to work with children?   Answer Question