Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (Detroit, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy asked questions about your experience.
    I applied online then got a email to do a phone screening and after the phone screening a few days later got anther email about a interview!

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (Canton, MI).

Interview

I applied online, it was a long process but so are any online applications these days. They called me within a week, I wasn't available enough for them at the time. I called back a few weeks later and they had me come in for an interview. It was a laid back interview and I visited the infant room. I was hired that day and had to get a TB test and background check and started work within a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you didn't agree with a coworker and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (Troy, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

easy, if you had any experience with kids at all you get hired. doesn't really matter how you dress either, or your educational background. pretty much anyone could get hired.

Interview Questions

• what would i do if a child is crying at drop off   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

1. I applied online. There is an easy screening test.
    2. Called to set up an interview time.
    3. Met with the Director and Assistant Director to answer at least 20-30 questions. They submit a background test. No drug testing here... hm...

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past teaching experiences. If "this" happened while teaching... what would you do?   Answer Question

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center in March 2011.

Interview

Easy just interacting with the children, then watching a video, taking an easy quiz, and then they check to make sure u can change diapers. you also have to get your college transcript (if you want to get paid more) and you have to get a background check.

Anonymous Employee in Levittown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (Levittown, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

1.Apply online, education questions and multiple choice quiz
    2. Get a phone call to set up 1 on 1 interview, not more than 10 minutes call.
    3. Be interviewed (30 min or more if they have the time and you are chatty) and wait for them to call you. Manager interviews you. She was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Experience teaching or with kids/ How would you handle a noisy parent?   Answer Question

Assistant Teacher Interview

Interview

Submitted resume online, was called within a week to come in. Then was asked to fill out an application with a few short questions about childcare (children biting children, how to handle parents etc.) then asked to do a 30 minute assessment online. Came in for a 2 hour classroom assessment then hired on the spot. Overall, extremely easy process.

Anonymous Employee in Anthem, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (Anthem, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application online, along with the application you take a test with a variety of questions. These questions are meant to assess your ability to work well with others, how you deal with specific situations both inside and outside the work place. You answer these questions either true or false, or on a scale from completely agree to completely disagree. Some other questions on this timed test are to determine your ability to follow directions or procedures. Instructions, for example, are given then you are asked the correct way to file paperwork. There are no trick questions.
    Once you pass the online tests you recieve an email stating they would like to schedule an interview with you. The questions asked are fairly straight forward. They walk you around the daycare as they inquire about your previous experiences working with children. They ask situational questions, such as "what would you do if when working with a child..." or what would you say to a parent when certian concerns or issues arise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are not able to negotiate pay

Anonymous Employee in Gahanna, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (Gahanna, OH) in January 2009.

Interview

hired at interview, BSI background check

Interview Questions

• What values would you bring to Tutor Time? How would you deal with unruly children   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center (Farmington Hills, MI) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied to the job via craigslists. I was called the following day, has a mini interview over then phone and set up the interview. There was a director and two assistant directors in the room during the interview. It was very laid-back and the manager was very easy going. She used the behavioral based interview technique. They only called references that were related to the field. Everything from your education to years of experience is put into a computer to determine pay. So it is not negotiable.

One of the selling points was that they help with schooling, but it was only for $550 a year.

Interview Questions

• Explain a circumstance when you didn't get alone with a parent?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite part about working with children?   Answer Question
    • What is your least favorite part about working with children?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work with children?   Answer Question
    • What do you think the best form of punishment is?   1 Answer

I declined this offer because the pay was too low ($8.50/hr).

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and took an assessment. I was then called on the phone and asked some simple questions. I had a one on one interview where they conducted the intial background check. Afterwards I was made an offer. I then had to do about a 3 hour orientation with the director, then the next day an 8 training off site. I then had 2 days of training with a teacher. The director asked me if I was ready to be on my own, and I was so I began to work alone.