Tutor.com Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 93 of over 93 interviews

Teachers

9m

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,838

955 Comments

Join the conversation on

Tutor.com

Application

I interviewed at Tutor.com

Interview

The interview process was fast and easy. The interviewee was super kind and attentive. Questions were straightforward. There were a handful questions asked about how you are as a tutor. The interviewee welcomed questions as well.

Interview Questions
  • How would you treat a student?
    Answer Question

Tutor.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tutor.com

Interview

The interview was online via their classroom. A microphone was needed but not a camera. I spent around 15 to 20 minutes talking with my interviewer about the company background and purpose, as well as how to use their online classroom. Then we switched to text for the rest of the interview, and I had to type my response to about four interview questions related to my experience and problem-solving. My questions were also asked and answered via text. In total, my interview was about an hour.

Interview Questions
  • What are my teaching and tutoring experiences; why do I want to work for this company; describe a time where I helped a student; I was given a made-up scenario and problem about a student and asked how I would help them

Tutor.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tutor.com in Aug 2021

Interview

Interview process was super simple. Interviewer walked me through the software on a voice call and then we switched to using the software to message and he asked me a few questions.

Interview Questions
  • My experience tutoring, a time I worked with a difficult student, and gave me a scenario to answer

Tutor.com

Application

I interviewed at Tutor.com

Interview

The interview was a Regular process, test, interview and students are allowed to choose which tutor they want. Good experience over all. All the teaching happens on an interactive platform that takes a little while to get used to.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tutor.com (Columbia, SC) in Apr 2021

Interview

Using both chat and audio, the interview process was both pleasant and efficient. You have an opportunity to interact in the teaching application, upload and download a file, and utilize your headset for audio.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your teaching experience /s.

Tutor.com

Application

I interviewed at Tutor.com

Interview

On-boarding took a really long time during the holidays and its sometimes hard to get ahold of support but the interview portion was conducted well and schedules were extremely flexible

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe your social and/or communications style

Tutor.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tutor.com

Interview

It was very easy, more so like a review of the system they use rather than a traditional interview. The interviewer was very nice and knowledgeable. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tutor.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tutor.com

Interview

Take a subject test and upload transcripts. The interview is a mock session where you display your tutoring skills and demonstrate your knowledge of the classroom software. It's pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions
  • What feedback would you give a student to get them thinking about an essay prompt if they didn't know how to begin?

Tutor.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tutor.com in Nov 2020

Interview

Introduced me to the classroom application software and then asked me a few questions about my teaching/tutoring experience. There was no mock session/the interviewer pretending to be a student and I the tutor.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tutor.com

Application

I interviewed at Tutor.com

Interview

Voice interview using the tutor.com software. Much of it is an introduction to the company and their policies, and they're not very helpful in terms of answering questions about the actual tutoring process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 93 Interviews