Cover image for Tutor.com

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Tutor.com Interview Questions

Updated Dec 27, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 110 of over 110 interviews

Recruiter2%
2.4
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Anasco, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Tutor.com (Anasco, PR) in Oct 2022

Interview

Their "interview" is both a job interview and a tour of their proprietary software. The interview is conducted in the Tutor.com desktop program, which is a little finicky, so it's a good idea to download the program and test it well before your scheduled interview. Here's how it went for me: the interview was conducted by a mentor tutor. The first half of the session was them explaining how the Tutor.com program worked and introducing all the features and tools I would expect to use while tutoring. After that tour, the session became a text-based interview. They would send me questions through the program's chat box and I would write my answers there. Interview questions were pretty standard.

Interview Questions
  • Consider the following scenario: Your student, Manuel, has to write a guide on how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Unfortunately, though he remembers that his teacher explained this topic in class, he cannot remember that explanation at all, and he enters the session frustrated and lost. How would you approach this scenario?
    Answer Question

Tutor.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tutor.com

Interview

just know how to answer the question " how would you help a student who needs to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich". other than that they just asked if I had any experience tutoring before

Interview Questions
  • how would you help a student who needs to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,950

984 Comments

Teachers

216.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Tutor.com~200662
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Tutor.com? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Tutor.com employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Tutor.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tutor.com in Aug 2022

Interview

After applying, you take subject tests in areas you want to tutor (there are so many options). After you pass at least 1 subject test, you can schedule an interview. You have to download the software they use to tutor and your interview will be using the software. The whole process seems very impersonal and corporate.

Interview Questions
  • The interview was mostly through chat. They told me about the role and let me ask questions. Then, we turned on our mics so she could explain the tutoring platform they use. Then, back to chat. She asked 3 questions about tutoring along the lines of "Why do you want to tutor?" "How would you start with a student who learned about how to make a sandwich in school but doesn't remember anything and has to write a paper about it?" (I don't remember the other)
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tutor.com (New York, NY) in Aug 2022

Interview

The interview was very smooth. You should prepare your personal computer though. It requires for you to have an audio as you will have a speaking interview. Just the basics. It was fairly simple.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tutor.com

Application

I interviewed at Tutor.com

Interview

interviewed for a tutor position.... bit of a difficult process than expected.... did not hear back afterwards... so upset...should look for another tutoring opportunity if you can ....i hope this helps

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tutor.com

Application

I interviewed at Tutor.com

Interview

very short interview with practice of tutoring student. pretty easy and stressless and not a lot of complications. i recommend but be prepared with your own questions as you’ll need to send reach a lot

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tutor.com (Miami, FL) in Jun 2022

Interview

Fast and efficient and straight to the point. Purely done online, and at your own time. Allows you to demonstrate expertise in the topics you are proficient in. Also states clearly the requirements of you, including the software and hardware needed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tutor.com (Orlando, FL) in May 2022

Interview

The interview process largely involved getting familiar with the software that will be used. Questions were asked about my experiences tutoring in the past. Also, hypothetical situations were set up for me to determine how I would respond.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tutor.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tutor.com

Interview

I scheduled the interview through Tutor.com's application system. I met with the interviewer through the company's Classroom software. We began the interview over the chat interface, then switched to audio while the interviewer explained various functions of the Classroom software to me. After I familiarized myself with the software, the interviewer conducted the rest of the interview in the chat interface. The interviewer asked several questions about my tutoring experience and how I would respond to various situations with students. The interviewer concluded our meeting by informing me of the next steps in the application process.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you have tutored someone and how you checked their understanding of the concepts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vitoria-Gasteiz

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tutor.com (Vitoria-Gasteiz) in Mar 2022

Interview

The interview was virtual. It was difficult to determine the employer's expectations. The virtual nature of the interview enabled the employer to learn my approximate age, which was then used against me in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 110 Interviews

Tutor.com Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Tutor.com as 69.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.42 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Online Tutor and Tutor I rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Math Tutor and Tutor roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Tutor.com takes an average of 24 days when considering 106 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Math Tutor had the quickest hiring process (on average 11 days), whereas Tutor roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 33 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Tutor.com according to 106 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 20.39%