Tutor.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tutor.com (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

1-phone screen
    2-phone technical screen
    3-In person

these are all 3 steps: step 2 was with CTO, step 3 was with CTO+ 3 others

by the way they never call or respond to you if they don't hire you, I think these is very bad

Interview Questions

• 1-salary, tell me about your self, bala bla bla
      2- tell me about your projects, bla bla bla
      3- Binary Search algorithm
          * what is the difference between interface and abstract class (OOP)
          * FizzBuzz algorithm
          * how to connect mobile app to DB? what if we loose connection and we want to perform an operation?
          * SQL question : write - inner join left join right join and full outer join ?
          *   1 Answer

Math Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tutor.com in August 2014.

Interview

-I completed 4 tutor tests for key knowledge in subject material
    -I scheduled a mock session
    -First two mock sessions were unsuccessful; on one time I was not contacted promptly, and another time the connection was interrupted
    -Third mock session connected successfully and I was asked to give a sample tutoring session for a geometry problem; this was straightforward
    -Background check
    -Within one week of the mock session I was engaged in my first actual tutoring with a student

Interview Questions

• Finding the measure of an exterior angle from a point subtended outside a circle   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tutor.com (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

The process is done entirely online. You must pass an online test to demonstrate competence in the subjects you wish to tutor. The application is also online.

Interview Questions

• Questions are all subject related. If you fail the test three times, you can not retest for a period of time, maybe a year.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Hourly rates are published.

Math Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tutor.com.

Interview

The entire process is done online. First, you must pass 2 of the subject exams (one of mine had 75 questions, the other had 66). Each exam has a different passing rate. I think one of mine was 90% and the other 87% or something similar. You get 2 chances to pass each test, otherwise you have to test in a different subject if you still want to tutor. The initial application process seems very short, but the process as a whole is lengthy and tiresome. After passing the exams, you submit a short writing sample. Then there's a mock tutoring session.

Interview Questions

• The subject exams are very thorough, covering lots of material. And the test is timed. Initially, I thought I'd be fine on time, but it actually took me almost the whole time on both tests.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tutor.com (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2014.

Interview

The first step was to fill out an application form. The application was reviewed and upon approval, a background check was performed. Next, the applicant completed their choice of subject knowledge tests. A mock session was scheduled with a mentor and completed using the classroom tools along with voice communication.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain this concept (trigonometry) to a young student?   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Interview

It's basically a mock session where they'll ask you to solve one problem as if they are the student. The mock session was not difficult for me, and I was asked to stop before I even finished solving the problem.

Interview Questions

• The question involved interpolation. Very easy question for me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tutor.com (Amherst, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

I reviewed the information they give online, then set a time to take an online test. I finished a test online above certain credit, then there was a mock session like phone interview to pretend I was a tutor.

Interview Questions

• Like, how did you solve this problem, what rules did you use for this problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not negotiable.

English Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tutor.com in January 2014.

Interview

Very in-depth, thorough screening process with specific questions regarding my background and education. Screening of my degree and my I9 status. Testing in all areas of the subject I wished to tutor. Extensive criminal background check.

Interview Questions

• Finding something unique and interesting to say about myself and my experience.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tutor.com (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by HR person and supervisor.Taken on a tour of the facilities - they have games, candy, etc. Open office. They were very accommodating and answered questions asked. Merged with Princeton Review so structural changes anticipated

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tutor.com (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

You apply online, then take a test over the subject you want to tutor. If you pass, you do an online interview with a mentor. The interview is actually a practice tutoring session online. So you have to read the resources for how to tutor that are given to you.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student behaving inappropriately?   Answer Question