Tyler Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tyler Technologies Interview Questions

Interviews at Tyler Technologies

2.8

Sort:

Interview

Phone Interview I: Basic description of yourself, your experiences in development, and how you work in teams.

Phone Interview II: Social and technical assessment. This is with the team manager to see if you're a good fit.

I originally encountered a representative from Tyler Technologies at my university's job fair where I had to include more about my experience and GPA.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength/weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for more than the average but not by much.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tyler Technologies.

Interview

The interview had 3 steps... Initial phone screen with recruiter, technical phone screen, in person interview. First 2 interviews were good and exactly what you'd expect. The third was an in person interview split into 3 groups. They put me in a conference room and sent the groups in one by one.

First was just general questions, some technical but mostly just asking about my previous position.

Second was a technical interview with 3 developers, they had me do problems on a whiteboard and asked me a few technical questions. My only issue came during the whiteboard problems.... When attempting one of the problems, I would start and then take a step back to see the full scope, each time I stepped back one of the guys would literally jump in and start doing the problem.... I think he thought I didn't understand it but I was just trying to accommodate the structure they had outlined.

Third group was one of the dev managers and two developers. This one was more about workflow and methodologies.

I did a tour of the building at the end... Their office is nice but I got the vibe that they were providing amenities because there was a lack of work/life balance. I'm not sure if this applies to Tyler but it was my initial thought.

I got an offer from a different company the next day, talked to recruiter at Tyler to let her know. She told me to hold off until the end of the day before accepting and she would get feedback from the team on if they would offer. They ended up passing on me.

All in all it was a tough interview.... Part of the interview process is interviewing the company and I left with mixed feelings. If I could offer a suggestion, it would be to structure the 3rd interview so that it wasn't back to back with the groups.... there were times when I felt rushed. If offered, I probably would have accepted but in hindsight the other offer ended up being a better fit.

Associate Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falmouth, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tyler Technologies (Falmouth, ME) in October 2011.

Interview

Hiring process took a while. Two months before they even contact me. Once I was in the door, Things sped up. I had a simple sit-down interview with some canned questions from an HR rep, and then was brought into a meeting with two managers and the vice president. They responded by phone the next day for a second interview. The second interview was really straightforward and they hired me the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tyler Technologies.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from HR about a month later. We set up an initial phone interview, which was just a conversation about what I wanted in a job, an explanation of what the company does, etc. The 2nd round interview was a 1-hr programming assignment over GoToMeeting. The 3rd round interview was a video chat with HR and a team manager, where they asked basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had trouble with somebody on a team. How did you handle it? Looking back, how would you handle it differently now?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tyler Technologies in March 2012.

Interview

A panel of three took the interview and just called that you qualify nothing special, they will just try to hire you at the lowest min wage otherwise they will look for internees as they cant afford medium salaries.

Interview Questions

• Create a recursive factorial program in the language of your choice   1 Answer
    • How would you test a pin remover   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tyler Technologies (Duluth, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

They usually give you to develop a project like employee/manager/roles relationship about 2 hours time . after that they ask moderate technical questions on that project related like how you design and other oop questions and related technologies questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tyler Technologies (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Two part process, first was a time-limited technical interview/demonstration in Java or C# (your choice) followed by an hour-long, traditional interview on another day. The second interview was with 3 individuals from 3 departments, with only one being part of the team I had applied to.

Interview Questions

• Technical: Write a basic computer player script for their game.   Answer Question
    • Traditional: Describe a time in the workplace where you or a co-worker was angry, unresponsive or confrontational and how you helped to resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tyler Technologies in April 2017.

Interview

First round was a phone interview with both HR and a technical recruiter. The round consisted of both behavioral and technical questions related to SQL and C#. At the end of the call, HR said they would like to move forward in the process further and scheduled an on-site interview. The on-site interview consisted of two parts - 1 hour technical and 1 hr behavioral with a panel of 3 members. The technical interview was mostly based on my resume, SQL-Server and C#. The recruiter asked me to implement a calculator in a language I am comfortable with.

Anonymous Employee in Falmouth, ME

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tyler Technologies (Falmouth, ME) in May 2017.

Interview

I had applied previously a year and a half before. I was contacted several weeks after submitting the application for a phone interview. The interview lasted all of 5 minutes. The recruiter remembered me from a previous conversation during my previous application process. She asked me what I had been up to since our previous conversation before immediately inviting me for an in person interview the following week.

I first met with the general recruiter who asked basic employment and personality questions. This portion lasted about 25 minutes. She walked me down to one of the product manager's offices where I met with two different managers (there were two openings available) and one team member. I was asked a series of questions relating to previous employment and experience, in addition to some personality questions. I then had the opportunity to ask questions and gain some more specific technical details from the product managers and team member.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging project/situation in your previous experience and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What would your previous employer say is your greatest strength?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tyler Technologies (Plano, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The on site interview lasts about two hours. Make sure you show up early. Don't worry everybody is super friendly. They'll start by bringing you into a room with two senior developers who will ask you a series of C#, OOP, Sql, and Experience questions. After their questions you'll move on to the white boarding phase where they'll ask you to stand up and write down some Sql queries and some logic. For the logic you can write in sudo code or your preferred language. That will pretty much conclude the first half of the interview. After the first interview you'll meet with two new people who will ask you a series of work experience related questions. They will also try and gauge you as a person, so be yourself and respectful. When the interview is over they will answer any other questions you have for them. I hope this helps you as the other reviews have helped me.

Interview Questions

• Most of their questions were on OOP(object oriented programming). primarily on C#   1 Answer