KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Tyler Technologies Reviews

Updated Sep 28, 2022

Found 852 of over 929 reviews

4.0
Tyler Technologies President and CEO Lynn Moore Jr.
Lynn Moore Jr.

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Pay is low in most areas and functions.(in 49 reviews)
  • "bad management, but not all are the same(in 47 reviews)
  • "Low salaries even for the Maine location with no opportunity for negotiation except during promotions.(in 24 reviews)
  • "I know it is different for new implementation and support staff because they have intensive training but operations side will need to find their feet with less regimented training(in 23 reviews)
  • "Many middle managers have been promoted before they are ready.(in 18 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Tyler Technologies and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent Company to work for

Aug 25, 2022 - Implementation Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive Salary Flexible schedule Superior health insurance Amazing benefits Work/life balance Rewarded well for hard work

Cons

Sometimes worn out of your time zone

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

not diverse

Sep 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

benefits are not too bad

Cons

I'd love to get into specific names, but I can't, so here's what I can say: * Nepotism and cronyism are prevalent. * Pay is below average for the work that is required to work at the company * HR doesn't investigate complaints about racism and sexism. Those who have spoken up about it have been put on performance improvement plans shortly afterward, then forced to leave or fired. * The company doesn't put its money where its mouth is when it comes to diversity and inclusion. Their idea of diversity and inclusion is hiring Asians and Indians. * The only people that are happy working there are the ones who benefit from nepotism and cronyism. People are leaving the company by the boatload. *The company only recruits from the same schools. There's no clear path for moving from one position to another within the company unless you're friends/family with someone already in management.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Run

Aug 30, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's nearly impossible to be let go or fired so job stability?

Cons

Morale was absolutely terrible during my tenure at Tyler. Complete disconnect between the C suite/upper management and worker bees that, after five+ years, I had to assume was an intentional part of how the organization functioned all these years. Harmful behavior like taking credit for others' work was routinely rewarded, nepotism was rampant, and promotions were only given to those who mirrored superiors' past projects exactly. I was hired with buzzwords like "innovation" and "creative opportunities," only to be babysitting careless sales folks as they bungled the same stale webinars we had delivered since before I was hired. The lack of accountability from others was, at times, astounding, and I had trouble understanding why my team was routinely having strategy meetings about how to get senior VPs to respond to mission-critical questions. All in all, you can make better money surrounded by happier and more productive people elsewhere, and I suggest you do.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to make roots

Sep 20, 2022 - Scrum Master in Troy, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid career path being established currently and promising future

Cons

Not really a con but the Scrum Master role is still being planned out in terms of career paths one can take. It is a role that will be permanent and is supported from the very top down. There just isnt a huge path figured out yet, but I am apart of figuring out what we want which is awesome as it grows.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good company, bad pay

Sep 27, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture, awesome place to work in terms of work life balance.

Cons

VERY underpaid developers, especially considering the extremely dated tech stack.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Overworked

Sep 23, 2022 - Software Support Specialist in Falmouth, ME
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits, decent work culture, most clients are easy to work with.

Cons

Extremely overworked. Case load is absurd, taking 10+ cases a day on top of working on a backlog of cases ranging from 20 to 80 cases. Clients get understandably annoyed when they don't get responses, but it's nearly impossible to respond to everyone that needs help in a day. Seniors and analysts are overworked so getting assistance is pretty difficult. More people need to be hired.

1 person found this review helpful