UC Santa Barbara Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UC Santa Barbara Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.4

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara.

Interview

Met with two members of the staff, provided a copy of my resume, asked a few questions about my resume and details of what I've done before in positions that I've listed in my resume.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe what you've done at your previous position?   Answer Question

Assistant Student Living Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

I waited one month to be interviewed before my arrival. Then I was told after traveling 3000 miles that even though they had promised me an interview that they were not interviewing because of lack of funding.

Interview Questions

• Why did our recruiter tell you that we guaranteed you an interview?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Prior to the official interview, I talked to my current boss in his office hours when I was a student. When the position opened up, he emailed me asking if I was interested in the job. We exchanged emails that included my relevant coursework and skills, and some details of what the job would entail. For the official interview, I came in to speak to my current PI in his office where he spent about two hours telling me about the kind of work we would be doing in his lab. I then met all of the lab members and shadowed one of them while she did some animal work. I was invited to lab meeting the next day, when I was officially offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with working with animals, including euthanizing them?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Applied online for the position. Received a call to interview for the position and was shocked to see that is was with a panel of about five to six people that had a list of pre-selected questions they asked me. I got invited back for the second round of interviews headed by the same panel of department employees. The second interview consisted of some of the same questions as well as expanding upon my answers with more new questions. After the second round of interviews, they introduced me to the director of the department who asked me more personal questions about where I was from. Communication dropped off after that and I am glad I asked for a business card to contact them at the end of the interview process. I called the business card contact after a week and was directed to call the campus human resources department to ask about what happen with the hiring process. I called and left a message with a recruiter and received a call back with a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• what are strengths and weaknesses? brief verbal employment and education history. How to you deal with difficult customers? How do you work with difficult employees and co-workers? Why do you want to work for UCSB and why do you think you would be a good fit for our department? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did nor negotiate

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Goleta, CA).

Interview

Be careful when applying. Many positions advertised already have an internal candidate. They are required to post the job and interview a couple of new people even if internal candidate is already slated for the role.

Invoice Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Goleta, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Simple chat about how the job functions, how the system works and the daily routine. Asked few things on my resume and that's about it. Heard from the management the next day.

Vivarium Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Goleta, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very quick and straightforward! Ronni and Manny were both very nice and interesting to talk to. The facilities are great and you can tell that there was a sense of urgency among all researchers working there. They asked standard interview questions and tried to learn as much about what I wanted to do in the future as they could.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in ten years?   1 Answer

Line Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara.

Interview

-Apply in person and waited for 2 weeks until they called
    -Interview with 1-2 supervisors and managers. In a conference room setting I was asked a set of questions and roleplay situations
    -Called back 2 hours after the interview

Interview Questions

• Roleplay: What would you say/do if someone forgot they ID?   Answer Question

Interview

submit applications, letter of recommendations, take GRE exam, demonstrate your competency, any research experience..
    then you hear from them and you are invited to visit the campus, and they will convince you why the school is great, and what you can do as a grad students

Interview Questions

• what is your interests? who do you want to work for, what projects?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very technical questions and some interpersonal questions. It was a panel of 3 staff members who had a sheet of questions they must ask every applicant. Read the job description thoroughly and you should be able to get by them.