UC Santa Barbara Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UC Santa Barbara Interview Questions

Updated Dec 22, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara.

Interview

The interview process was very long (3+ months). It was frustrating to hear back from people but I eventually heard back. I would encourage them to improve the speed of their interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a mistake you made and how did you learn from it.   Answer Question

Academic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was over FaceTime with a panel of professors. I could only see two of the four interviewers. The women were off screen. The questions were not too difficult but the choice of technology was very challenging and offputting. FaceTime is typically used for short intimate conversations and is a difficult medium for a group discussion. On my end I had only a tiny screen and couldn't gage half of the group and could barely see the other half. Whereas on their end I could have been projected on a large screen so I was aware of how I directed my attention, but it was quite unnatural. I offered to meet in person and would better understand the rationale behind the process if there was greater transparency.

Scientific Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara in September 2017.

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter who asked if I was available for a video conference with two of his colleagues. The video call lasted for an hour where they took turns asking me questions. They were nice to talk to and tried to make me comfortable.

Undergraduate Programs Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through jobs.ucsb and got called for a interview. The interview was great, the panel consisted of 4 people who were all kind and was helpful. They talked about the duties of the position and asked questions regarding the duties listed. They also answered my questions well.

Interview Questions

• What skills/experiences I had in the past dealing with social media and marketing   Answer Question

Academic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online (found the job on the UCSB website), received an email to schedule an interview about 3 weeks later. Scheduled an in-person interview in two weeks. The interview process was pleasant- there was a panel of 6 people who each asked one question. The interview lasted 45 minutes. However, said they will notify everyone when the candidate was chosen, but that did not happen. Had to email 4 weeks later to check and was told someone else accepted the job already.

Interview Questions

• What has been your experience coordinating between different departments?   Answer Question
    • What do you expect will be the most and least challenging aspects of this position?   Answer Question

Student Caller Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara.

Interview

It was a pretty basic interview process and the questions were generic. They wanted to mainly make sure that you had the ability to talk to people on the spot and follow a script as well.

Campus Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

The interview process is intense. It's a three part process, beginning with an informational session which gives an overview of the program and it's requirements. The next step is to submit an application online, which has various questions to measure the applicants personality and skill set. Finally, about 100 applicants are interviewed in group interviews of 8 people.

Interview Questions

• How might you alter the tour for a group of elementary school students compared to a group of high school students?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara.

Interview

Met with two members of the staff, provided a copy of my resume, asked a few questions about my resume and details of what I've done before in positions that I've listed in my resume.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe what you've done at your previous position?   Answer Question

Assistant Student Living Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

I waited one month to be interviewed before my arrival. Then I was told after traveling 3000 miles that even though they had promised me an interview that they were not interviewing because of lack of funding.

Interview Questions

• Why did our recruiter tell you that we guaranteed you an interview?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Prior to the official interview, I talked to my current boss in his office hours when I was a student. When the position opened up, he emailed me asking if I was interested in the job. We exchanged emails that included my relevant coursework and skills, and some details of what the job would entail. For the official interview, I came in to speak to my current PI in his office where he spent about two hours telling me about the kind of work we would be doing in his lab. I then met all of the lab members and shadowed one of them while she did some animal work. I was invited to lab meeting the next day, when I was officially offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with working with animals, including euthanizing them?   Answer Question