UC Santa Barbara Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2018

2.4

Community Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Isla Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Isla Vista, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and straightforward. They are very understanding of students and the work environment in there. You simply apply online and they ask to interview and then decide if you get hired. I would recommend bringing a resume with you to the interview as it helped my friend who was also applying for the job get hired.

Interview Questions

• The toughest question they asked was what I would do if I found a friend of mine or someone I know in a situation that incriminates him/her.   Answer Question

Community Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Isla Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Isla Vista, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. After a brief period of time, I was contacted through email. We then schedule an interview date. The interview took place at the police station near the school. It was a brief interview. I think it was supposed to be 1 on 1, but there were 2 people interviewing me. Wasn't too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your free time?   1 Answer

Contract Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara.

Interview

Interview consisted of 15 questions, which were all straightforward and easy to answer. The interview itself lasted about an hour, with 2 manager present. Overall, the interview questions asked for scenario-like questions and examples of past experiences

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were encountered with a challenge and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Computer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Relatively easy interview. Was mainly background questions. 1 on 1 interview inside their office. Took only about an hour. Had only 1 actual interview question which was name a challenge and how did you solve it? Mainly talked about the job and looked over your resume. I only asked one question at the end,but other than that, the interview seemed relaxed and very casual. Went into the interview with a polo and khakis. Received an offer by email within the week.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge that you had and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Goleta, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview in which each staff member asked a question. They started off by asking me to tell them about myself and then asked what I would do it certain situations. At first it was a little bit intimidating, but they were all so nice that it became more and more comfortable. Currently the office does group interviews for peer advisor positions so it is a bit different. They just want to make sure you can think on your toes and would be able to deliver good customer service.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw one of your coworkers telling a student/customer wrong information?   Answer Question

Junior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara.

Interview

Graduate school process. Very short. Can you do this kind of work? The job does not pay as much as industry, but we do provide medical and dental and a nice enviroment and you get to try your own experments. Does this sound like job for You?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

short

Staff Interview

Interview

Behavioral questions, very friendly people. Too much department politics. Overall experience was alright pretty friendly people but the students are bit crazy. Ask you about your family problems and everything else as well.

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

They simply asked me what my plans for future research were and what methods I used when teaching. There were no problem solving questions or tasks I needed to perform during the interview. The interview was relatively brief and not very demanding at all.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for future research?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very technical questions and some interpersonal questions. It was a panel of 3 staff members who had a sheet of questions they must ask every applicant. Read the job description thoroughly and you should be able to get by them.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I got an email saying that the SeaSketch at McClintock lab at UCSB is hiring undergraduate interns. So I emailed the director, and he replied quickly asking if I have taken GIS series and python class. I told them in the email that I had taken those classes, so they scheduled an interview in the next day. The interview is quite straightforward. They asked me if I have used model building functionality in the ArcGis and if I can show them some of the codes I programmed.