UC Santa Barbara Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 4, 2018

2.4

Community Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Isla Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Isla Vista, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and straightforward. They are very understanding of students and the work environment in there. You simply apply online and they ask to interview and then decide if you get hired. I would recommend bringing a resume with you to the interview as it helped my friend who was also applying for the job get hired.

Interview Questions

• The toughest question they asked was what I would do if I found a friend of mine or someone I know in a situation that incriminates him/her.   Answer Question

Community Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Isla Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Isla Vista, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. After a brief period of time, I was contacted through email. We then schedule an interview date. The interview took place at the police station near the school. It was a brief interview. I think it was supposed to be 1 on 1, but there were 2 people interviewing me. Wasn't too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your free time?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara in February 2016.

Interview

I was sat down in the backroom. It was just a normal conversation about who I was and what my interests are. I was told the hard parts and reality of being a CSO, benefits, and disadvantages etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with working by yourself at night?   1 Answer

Contract Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara.

Interview

Interview consisted of 15 questions, which were all straightforward and easy to answer. The interview itself lasted about an hour, with 2 manager present. Overall, the interview questions asked for scenario-like questions and examples of past experiences

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were encountered with a challenge and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Computer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Relatively easy interview. Was mainly background questions. 1 on 1 interview inside their office. Took only about an hour. Had only 1 actual interview question which was name a challenge and how did you solve it? Mainly talked about the job and looked over your resume. I only asked one question at the end,but other than that, the interview seemed relaxed and very casual. Went into the interview with a polo and khakis. Received an offer by email within the week.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge that you had and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Junior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara.

Interview

Graduate school process. Very short. Can you do this kind of work? The job does not pay as much as industry, but we do provide medical and dental and a nice enviroment and you get to try your own experments. Does this sound like job for You?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

short

Staff Interview

Interview

Behavioral questions, very friendly people. Too much department politics. Overall experience was alright pretty friendly people but the students are bit crazy. Ask you about your family problems and everything else as well.

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

They simply asked me what my plans for future research were and what methods I used when teaching. There were no problem solving questions or tasks I needed to perform during the interview. The interview was relatively brief and not very demanding at all.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for future research?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very technical questions and some interpersonal questions. It was a panel of 3 staff members who had a sheet of questions they must ask every applicant. Read the job description thoroughly and you should be able to get by them.

IT Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UC Santa Barbara in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the head of IT department, student assistant and hiring manager. Was a basic interview with customer service experience and self-reflection based questions and a couple informal computer/IT knowledge tests.

Interview Questions

• If a customer calls consistently with the same wi-fi connectivity error week after week, how would you go about helping them?   Answer Question