UC Santa Cruz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at UC Santa Cruz

2.4

Sort:

Peer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz in August 2012.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Felt comfortable with the person who interviewed. Mainly asked questions in regards to personality and how you would fit into the systems and jobs that are in place. Overall it was a pretty good experience.

Peer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview appointment about two weeks later. Two people, they only asked a few questions (about five or six), it lasted about 30 minutes, overall very chill!

Interview Questions

• "What three words would you use to describe yourself with?", "How would your friends describe you?", "Why do you want this position?", "Describe your prior work experience"...   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Mountain View, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Initially there was a phone interview. About a week or two later I met with 5 members of the company for about 1 hour each in separate interviews. A week later, I had a follow up interview with another member of the company.

911 Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

submitted application, had a personal health questionnaire, interview, extensive background check was required. I also had to take a pre-qualifying test and sit along with a current dispatcher. The background check took 3 months to complete, it was very extensive.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz.

Interview

pretty standard. first you submit your app to the career center, then you get an interview from the org you plan on working for in april and decisions are made in may.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

3 on 1 interview that lasted an hour, which included a mock 5 minute presentation to high schoolers that was at the end. About 10 questions which they let me review 15 minutes before the interview. Interview was round robin style. Formal, polite, one of the interviewers was really friendly while the other two were intimidating. Took way too long to hear about an offer, about a month. Was a temporary position.

Interview Questions

• What was something that went wrong and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The hiring manager contacted me a few months after I applied. The interviewer was very friendly and welcoming. Did not stray from the typical questions asked during interviews for this type of position. Short and a little boring.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What is your biggest weakness? etc.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

Application was online with standard resume uploaded. The wait before the interview was about 1 month. Ten people were interviewed for the position. I think I got the job because of letters of reference and prior work experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working with difficult personalities.   1 Answer
    • Describe your experience with hardware and software recoveries.   1 Answer
    • I was asked about multi-tasking and working as a team player.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The State of California has limited negotiations for salary rate, but has very good benefits packages.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz.

Interview

The hiring process at the University takes a while because of fair hiring practices. Just remember that the questions they ask you are the questions they HAVE to ask all the candidates, so sometimes they are repetitive or not applicable. Everyone you interview with takes notes, so be sure to give detailed answers with examples!

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't too difficult, but the toughest would be " Give an example of a staff issue you have had in the past with a coworker or manager and how it was solved?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

After you get a call from your unit, you get a call from staff HR. They usually lowball the first offer, so make sure you negotiate.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I was asked to give my specific experience with a number of skills ahead of time. I was also given questions up front so that I could consider my answers. As far as I know, this is rather uncommon practice at UCSC for this type of position. Everyone was very friendly and I got excellent feedback after the interview. They were clear about when they would get back to me, and they followed through.

Interview Questions

• I had the questions ahead of time, so there wasn't really anything unexpected. I don't recall any of the specific questions or any of them being particularly difficult. I always dislike the question about a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When they made the offer, I asked if any of the benefits were negotiable, such as vacation time, and they said that UC does not allow negotiation of benefits. So I asked for several levels higher than their offer and they asked me to write a letter explaining why I thought I deserved that pay. A few days after I submitted my letter, they accepted my counter-offer.