UC Santa Cruz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.4

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Only one phone interview. I applied to the professor via Email to work with her and my portfolio was matching to her requirements so she checked it and called me for an interview.

Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

They were very professional, but upfront about the interview process. For example, they informed me that they had 2 other candidates to interview. I had 2 interviews there, one lasted 2.5 hours and the other 3.5 hours. The length of time depends on how many team members are on the team you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Describe our sequencing system   Answer Question
    • Here is a graph of the output of our data. This is what we expected, but we didn't get that on the graph. What could have gone wrong?   Answer Question
    • Can you write the FizzBuzz problem in python?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite thing to do in a lab?   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

3 on 1 interview that lasted an hour, which included a mock 5 minute presentation to high schoolers that was at the end. About 10 questions which they let me review 15 minutes before the interview. Interview was round robin style. Formal, polite, one of the interviewers was really friendly while the other two were intimidating. Took way too long to hear about an offer, about a month. Was a temporary position.

Interview Questions

• What was something that went wrong and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Reader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I did not have an interview process. A former upper-division professor of mine asked me to work for them. I was summoned because I did extremely well in their class.

IT Support Specialist Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA).

Interview

Very friendly and concise. Interview took around 15-20 minutes. All questions were focused on personality. A 2 panel group interviews you while switching off asking questions. Both are observing you and writing down your answers.

Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Kind interviewers and lots os back and forth conversation. Yep way street. But it'd took them so ooooo long to followed up after interview. Entire process well over 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell about one time you had conflict with a CIO worker asked how you worked it out.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz.

Interview

I came across the position when my professor announced it after a lecture. He told us pick up and application from the PI's office and drop it off in the box outside her door. A week after she contacted me via email to set up a phone interview. I had a 15 minute phone interview with the PI and the we scheduled an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your past work experience and how will it help you in this position?   Answer Question

University Relations Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA).

Interview

The interviewer was very straight forward, asked questions regarding using multi lined phone systems, professional environment experience, phone etiquette, assisting people in person as well as via the phone, directing phone traffic to its respective recipients etc. The interview concluded with a tour of the office, introducing me to various people throughout the department. Everything was on time and orderly. Seemed like a very efficient, productive, and positive working environment.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with difficult people in work environments in the past?   Answer Question

Assistant Food Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA).

Interview

It was a group of interviewers comprised of Admin, Unit Mgrs, and other managerial staff, and me. They had a series of questions listed on a sheet of paper that they handed me and each had themselves. They started at number one and proceeded to ask me each question one by one as they went around the table.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your experience in food service management.   1 Answer

Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz.

Interview

After applying through the ER system, I received an email saying there would be a phone interview scheduled. After a week of waiting for a followup and calling a couple times, there was finally a phone interview. The interview itself was casual with two interviewers on the line. They asked about how my previous jobs would help in this setting, and the like. They also kept it laid back asking questions like what would my ideal super power be if I had one. Overall, the interviewers made me feel welcome to open up, and almost goof around a little bit (which is a sense of what the atmosphere is actually like).