UC Santa Cruz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UC Santa Cruz Interview Questions

Interviews at UC Santa Cruz

2.3

Dining Hall Worker Interview

Interview

There wasn't much of an interview. I simply filled out the form required and brought to the office where the manager looked over my form, asked me a few basic questions such as availability.

Interview Questions

• Can you work a minimum of three shifts per week?   1 Answer

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz.

Interview

In-person interview with three individuals from the department. The interview consisted of multiple questions on campus. The department manager, graduate advisor, and another undergraduate advisor participated in the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you managed to help a difficult customer   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz.

Interview

Scheduled you into an interview and had two staff members ask you standard interview questions. Got an email back a week later and you do an orientation around the office.

Interview Questions

• Not questions by verbatum but along the lines of: what experience do you have that is relevant to the job?   1 Answer

Ethics and Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

They asked personality questions such as, the challenges I faced and why I'm interested to work in that position, how many languages I speak and a little bit of coding and data structure

Interview Questions

• How are you going to be impactful in a rule you applied for? what makes you a more eligible applicant compare to the other people we interview.   Answer Question

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager/search committee, in person interview with search committee, then final round with other stakeholders. Arrive 15 minutes early to the in person interviews because you are given the interview questions then. Surprising for HR interviews that very few (if any) of the hiring managers and stakeholders exhibited basic social skills. There was no getting to know me or any of the nice and friendly small talk to get a sense of who you would be working with. Also, even though I was a finalist for two positions, I never got a call back. In one final interview, after my references were called, I never heard back. Then after the final interview for another position, I also never heard back. This reflects poorly on the institution and isn't inline with their core values (kindness, respect, etc)

Interview Questions

• why did you apply for this position, why do you want to work for UCSC, describe relevant experience, then behavioral and skills-based questions regarding recruitment, employee relations, working with others, etc.   Answer Question

Maintenance Crew Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA).

Interview

I met with my manager and overall Maintenance Supervisor. They asked questions about my previous construction experience. It took about an hour. There were back to back interviews. My friend got a job there first and then referred me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz.

Interview

Different departments have different processes. Mine was for LSS. No phone screening. I submitted an application online and was hired for the following academic year. They gave me 15 minutes to review the questions before I started.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz.

Interview

pretty standard. first you submit your app to the career center, then you get an interview from the org you plan on working for in april and decisions are made in may.

Student Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

My interviewer asked me about my job experience. Also, we talked about my aspirations and skills. It was short-- did not last more than 30 minutes. The person who interviewed me was quite friendly and down-to-earth.

Interview Questions

• What did I do at my last job? Explain my responsibilities.   Answer Question

Peer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview appointment about two weeks later. Two people, they only asked a few questions (about five or six), it lasted about 30 minutes, overall very chill!

Interview Questions

• "What three words would you use to describe yourself with?", "How would your friends describe you?", "Why do you want this position?", "Describe your prior work experience"...   Answer Question