UCLA Extension Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.2

HR analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA Extension (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter to set up a phone interview for the following week. Phone interview was about 30 min or so with the Director and Manager. Basic questions of walking them through my resume, experiences and skills. A few days later contacted to come in for an in person interview. The in person was a panel interview with 4 people. Very unpersonal, question and answer model with minimal flow. The 4 interviewers would take turns reading questions from a sheet of paper. Basic interview questions that you find on any website. Then at the end they gave me the chance to ask them questions, the whole interview was about 1 hour. The interview had a very institutional feel. The feeling I had was the phone interview was the okay that I could do the job as those were the individuals in the department I would be working in. But then the in person was an interview to see if 'i was good enough to join the club'. 3 of the 4 interviewers where from other departments.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?
      Describe a time you made a mistake and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA Extension (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had the negative experience with HR, Christina Lincir. I was scheduled on the interview in March, 2017 and got e-mail with the parking direction (Christina wrote that it is free) and attached employment application form with the request to e-mail back the completed application. I completed it and e-mailed it back. When I arrived, Christina told that she did not have my application, I gave her extra-print copies of my application, resume, letters of recommendation. The UCLA Extention parking is not free. I had the interview with the tree very professional interviewers, the interview went very positive, we told about my background, qualifications, asked questions each others. During the interview I was asked when I can start and at the end interviewers told that Christina will follow up with me. After the two weeks I followed up self. At that time, no candidates had been selected for the position as the search committee was in deliberation. We communicated with Christina via e-mail during the two months. On 05/11/2017 I received the letter that my position is on hold and she encouraged me to apply for any additional positions. I was positive and applied to the position with the requirements which I do daily. Today I have received the status of my application for the new position -- Reviewed/Others Selected. It is disrespectful.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA Extension.

Interview

Submitted cover letter, resume, and references. Received a phone call to set up an interview. First met with a Human Resource Representative who asked me basic questions (such as how I heard about the job opening, what I know about UCLA Extension, etc). I then met with the Program Manager and Representative from the unit in which I applied (note: the unit was on the smaller side, some units have up to five people in the interview). They alternated asking questions and at the end, made time for me to ask questions. The full interview process took about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember specifically but it was regarding what skills I have that would benefit the program.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UCLA Extension in June 2016.

Interview

Asked to go on a couple of interviews. One pre-interview then an interview with the manager. Then it took them several more weeks to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCLA Extension (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The woman who leads the program I interviewed with was well-versed in the area of study I was applying for. It was a very engaging interview. We were speaking the same language. Because my area of teaching is so defined, we had very easy back and forth interaction. Clearly, one interviewing for this job that did not truly know, with years of experience, were not going to make it through the interview. I do feel bad for her and the staff of this program because I feel they are under-staffed, under-funded and have too much on their plates. This discipline has many areas of study and is too much for a few people to handle that do not have years of experience in the field.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing at the end of the day?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UCLA Extension.

Interview

They took me into the, now, mini-library and asked me really basic questions that basically came from my resume. For example, they took a couple positions I held and asked what I did and how it would benefit UCLA Extension. My interviewer was really nice, as are the other workers. No need to be intimidated. Just go in with confidence and know why you are beneficial for the team!

Interview Questions

• How does [this particular position/organization you were involved in] help you in the job you are applying for?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCLA Extension (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

In a room with two managers in a meeting room. It was straightforward in that there were no additional tests or phases. I had an offer made no more than an hour following my interview.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were in regard to not skills or ability, but rather being able to work in a dysfunctional department with little cohesion.

The fact that I had a background in analytics, statistics and research was secondary and more interesting than pertinent to the position.   1 Answer

Financial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA Extension.

Interview

Ask a list of questions including situation and behavior

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UCLA Extension.

Interview

You start by filling out an application on their website. Be sure to have a Resume, List of References, Cover Letter and Salary History also ready at the time of submission. Many times all four documents are required, some times only a Resume and Cover Letter are required in addition to the standard application.

Most likely there will be two rounds of interviews if your application is accepted. They are the standard interview questions about yourself and experience. There will often be a couple or few situation questions.

Interview Questions

• Usually the most difficult will be a hypothetical situation question. How would you handle a difficult student that was trying to enroll in a closed class? What would you do if they were given incorrect information about their enrollment in the class?   Answer Question

Registration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCLA Extension (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. It works mostly by word of mouth and referrals. If you plan on walking in and applying, don't expect to be hired. Just from what I've seen, everyone I worked with knew somebody. I never met anyone who was hired randomly, they were always some how connected. Mostly went over my resume, asked some questions about previous work experience and if I fulfilled the requirements to work at UCLA Extension in the registration department. Then, asked me about my availability and other questions of that sort.

Interview Questions

• There was no "surprise" or "trick" question. It was all very straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was no negotiation phase as it was a student job.