UMass Lowell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMass Lowell (Lowell, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

I asked a Professor if he/she would be willing to hire me for a part time position helping conduct research. I approached the Professor during office hours. I had already studied what the professors research was on, so that I could answer any interview questions he/she had.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about [the professors research]? And what do you know about this kind of research?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. This is just a job for students.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMass Lowell.

Interview

I was recommended by an employee currently teaching in the department, which was in need of a research methods instructor. I pretty much had the job already, but I sat and spoke with the department chair for about an hour so he could get a sense of me in person.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UMass Lowell (Lowell, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and quick perhaps because I'm a former student at the same university where I applied for a job. I was able to get an employee referral from another department at the university which perhaps helped.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume
      Tell us more about yourself
      General behavioral Questions   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UMass Lowell (Lowell, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I had heard several months earlier that there would be an opening in the department . I contacted the hiring professor and he told me to keep an eye out for the job to be advertised. When I saw the ad, I submitted an online application. Within a few days, I received a phone call from the hiring professor. We set up a a time to speak on the phone. The interview was quite easy and only asked me a few questions. The hiring professor was very accommodating. A week later, the hiring professor called me to say that I had gotten the job.

TEACHERS ASSISTANT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UMass Lowell (Lowell, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. During the interview process we discussed what my interests in the position are, my performance in the course and my knowledge of the material and my availability.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my interest in the position.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UMass Lowell.

Interview

Applied and received a call the very next day from HOD due to good academic performance. Part time job with fixed 10 hours per week and very good pay.

Grader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UMass Lowell.

Interview

Applied via email and department office. It took two months and finally got the call.It was a ten-minute interview. Baic questions and prior lab experience was verified. offered the job within a week.

Grader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UMass Lowell (Lowell, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Professors will post in job board or email the students if they have openings, we should reply and they will get back if we're suitable for the role. Then there will be an exchange of some series of questions and answers

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UMass Lowell (Lowell, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

My professor recommended me and my department called me for interview. My department coordinator set me up for interview where i appeared in 1:1 interview after that they recommended me to have a a group panel interview with my professor included in it.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to balance work and study balance as a graduate student? Will you be able to publish results? How good you are in Technical Writing? How committed you are for the task? WIll you be able to work alone or in team? Do you have a back ground knowledge about this job?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UMass Lowell (Lowell, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

The overall hiring and interview process was easy and everything went smooth. I was a little nervous but the people who interviewed me were very nice. They passed on confidence and ease while interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• They had asked me what would I do if I find myself to be under stress given that the research work I was about to do could put me under a lot of stress.   Answer Question