UNC Pembroke Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at UNC Pembroke

Sort:

Peer Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UNC Pembroke (Pembroke, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring experience was pretty easy because there was no interview. I just filled out the application form and submitted references from previous professors whose classes I had made either an A or B in. The classes I chose to tutor were mainly writing courses even though I had a lot of references from several professors provided to my supervisor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was pretty easy and to the point. Just prepare a class schedule or a schedule with available times that you can tutor. You usually have to work around the schedule of the tutee which can be complicated at times if they are working full time. Weekend tutoring is available and you can use other buildings on campus because Jacobs hall closes at five.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNC Pembroke.

Interview

I applied and interviewed for a graduate assistant position in Student Affairs. I had strong recommendations from program faculty and an interest in higher education. The application is simple and processed through the in-house career management system. I received an email asking to schedule an in-person interview and interviewed with the director of the department. It was pretty standard.

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNC Pembroke.

Interview

They requested that I provide a short presentation and then asked questions. There were probably 8 or so people in my interview. They asked one question at a time.

Interview Questions

• How would you fund the project (from my presentation)?   1 Answer

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UNC Pembroke (Pembroke, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

Took a while to receive interview, position wasn't available until a few weeks after I was infomed about position. One interview, not very hard. Basic computer questions such as parts of the computer, problem solving process, being able to lift at least 50lbs consecutively, etc. Opened a computer and asked me to identify the parts. Asked about prior computer knowledge (personal projects, other jobs, and school experience).

Interview Questions

• What is the number one tool in the IT arsenal? If you've exhausted all of your options or are confused, what step should you take?   1 Answer

Negotiation

20hrs a week, minimum wage, non-negotiable for a student. 20-40hrs a week with slightly increased pay for contract.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UNC Pembroke (Pembroke, NC) in August 2009.

Interview

Applied on brave opportunities, was called back for an interview, interviewed and received the job. The interview process was very student friendly and the company supported the student in all aspects of preparation. Students should not feel intimidated during this process as it helps to build rapport with their future employer.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions and a "role-play" tutoring session.   Answer Question