UNC Wilmington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UNC Wilmington Interview Questions

Updated Dec 27, 2016

2.8

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNC Wilmington.

Interview

I received a phone call about a month after submitting my application. The first phase of the interview process was a phone interview with a small group of employees who I would interact with regularly in the position. After the phone interview, then next interview phase was a full day on-site interview, which included small group interviews, one-on-one interviews with leadership, presentations, and Q&A times.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UNC Wilmington (Wilmington, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. I met with the director of my area and some current employees within the area as well. It lasted approximately 30 minutes and the conversation was easy.

Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UNC Wilmington (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

Best interview I have ever had! Great questions, broad spectrum of individuals from different departments. I felt they were all prepared and asked very pertinent questions. It was an engaging conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Interview

Normally they start with a phone interview which is more of a meet and greet with some technical questions. Then they bring you in for a face to face in front of a committee for an in person interview. Sometimes, depending on the level of the position, you may have to meet with a larger audience in an open forum, but for your average employee this is not the case.

Interview Questions

• Not 1 in particular, but some of the IT interviews can get quite technical. Some questions are meant to be difficult to see how a person responds when they don't know the answer.   Answer Question

Peer Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UNC Wilmington.

Interview

Apply online and received a response via email almost immediately. Only a handful of people who submit a resume will receive an interview.

Interview is super easy and consists of 3 of the current peer educators or 2 peer educators and the assistant direct. Questions are the normal "tell me about a time when..." or "Tell us about how you would..."

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hourly rate, no negotiation

Lobby Desk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UNC Wilmington.

Interview

Must attend a hiring session in order to get an application. If selected you will go on to two Rounds of Interview, starting with a student interview and then an interview with professional staff after an open house. It's recommended that you fill out the application in pen and submit a resume and a cover letter.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation where a co-worker was breaking a policy?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UNC Wilmington (Wilmington, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

I went into my future manager's office and she asked me standard interview questions. Was helpful and did not try to "trick" me in any way. She showed me around the office to meet others too. I was thinking she must (hopefully) be picking me if I'm meeting others. Turns out she does that with everyone but thankfully I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How organized are you?
      What is your worst work feature?
      Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UNC Wilmington in March 2014.

Interview

I applied in Feb and was called for an interview one month later in March. The interview panel was nice enough but unprepared. I quickly got the impression this was an obligatory process and they already had a candidate in mind.

Interview Questions

• None, as if they Googled top ten interview questions ten minutes before the interview.   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UNC Wilmington (Wilmington, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Long, with lots of interviews. One group, one individual. The group interview is fun and interactive - there are several rooms and you will be asked to do different things in each room. The one on one interview isn't bad either, the HRL staff is just trying to get to know you as a person, so just be yourself!

Building Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UNC Wilmington (Wilmington, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

Led by directors of Recreation Center and also student employees. The group interviews were great and the in-person interviews were even greater. I knew exactly what to expect going into the group interviews and it was helpful getting to know existing student employees before getting involved.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about other experience you have   1 Answer