UNC Wilmington Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UNC Wilmington Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.7

Front Desk Liaison Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UNC Wilmington.

Interview

I applied via the Workstudy program. It was a short process that only took a couple of weeks. The interview was done over the phone and it was pretty informal. I described my goals and why I would be a good fit. I was offered the position later on that day.

Interview Questions

• How will your customer service experience help you in this position?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UNC Wilmington (Wilmington, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Overall, everyone on the faculty was incredibly warm and welcoming. I was invited for an on-campus visit which included a job talk and teaching demo. But, unfortunately, I could tell almost immediately that I was not a serious candidate for them. Our first meal outing after my arrival, an individual on the committee kept commenting on how young my age is, and how little teaching experience I had. I could tell right away that I was only invited so this tenure searching committee could meet their invite quota. Truly disheartening (and inappropriate) as I had spent months prepping for my visit. The dean was about 15 minutes late to our 30-minute meeting. I quickly was able to see that all I was to them was a fresh MFA grad student who they wanted details from because they are looking to start their own MFA program in the same field. I feel used. Disappointing from what looked to be a lovely university and program.

Interview Questions

• With being so young and with little teaching experience how do you believe you can help our program?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UNC Wilmington (Wilmington, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

A thirty minute interview/ conversation. We discussed what the job would entail as well as personal details of our lives that had led us to become passionate about entrepreneurship. I was the youngest of over 20 candidates, and while I did not get the offer it was still a very positive experience.

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNC Wilmington.

Interview

I received a phone call about a month after submitting my application. The first phase of the interview process was a phone interview with a small group of employees who I would interact with regularly in the position. After the phone interview, then next interview phase was a full day on-site interview, which included small group interviews, one-on-one interviews with leadership, presentations, and Q&A times.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UNC Wilmington (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Had to interview with a small group and make a presentation on a specified topic. Logistical information sent via email was incorrect and caused problems finding the location. I arrived 5 min early and sat for 25 min waiting for the people to even acknowledge my presence. NOT IMPRESSED.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach here?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UNC Wilmington (Wilmington, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. I met with the director of my area and some current employees within the area as well. It lasted approximately 30 minutes and the conversation was easy.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNC Wilmington (Wilmington, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Easy, fast, basic questions. They did not ask anything out of the ordinary and pretty much asked me more questions about what I had on my resume. The interview only lasted 15 minutes and I got a call a couple hours later that I received the job.

Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UNC Wilmington (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

Best interview I have ever had! Great questions, broad spectrum of individuals from different departments. I felt they were all prepared and asked very pertinent questions. It was an engaging conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Interview

Normally they start with a phone interview which is more of a meet and greet with some technical questions. Then they bring you in for a face to face in front of a committee for an in person interview. Sometimes, depending on the level of the position, you may have to meet with a larger audience in an open forum, but for your average employee this is not the case.

Interview Questions

• Not 1 in particular, but some of the IT interviews can get quite technical. Some questions are meant to be difficult to see how a person responds when they don't know the answer.   Answer Question

Peer Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UNC Wilmington.

Interview

Apply online and received a response via email almost immediately. Only a handful of people who submit a resume will receive an interview.

Interview is super easy and consists of 3 of the current peer educators or 2 peer educators and the assistant direct. Questions are the normal "tell me about a time when..." or "Tell us about how you would..."

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hourly rate, no negotiation