US Coast Guard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Coast Guard Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.4

Direct Commission Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Coast Guard.

Interview

The Coast Guard follows a pretty set process, which includes an interview panel. The panel is required to complete form CG-5527, which addresses Performance of Duties, Communications Skills, Leadership Skills, and Personal and Professional Qualities. This is later transmitted to headquarters for evaluation, along with the applicants resume.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Service, what draws you to the service? Tell us about your duties at a prior job and how you met your responsibilities? (Some questions about communications, especially if there are errors in the resume or application.) Provide us examples of your leadership challenges, ambitions. Tell us about your hobbies, interests and community service.   Answer Question

Yeoman Interview

Interview

Several background checks, medical exam and ASBAV test. After you take the test they describe multiple jobs descriptions that you can apply. They also schedule for a drug test, fill out some paperwork.

Marine Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (New York, NY).

Interview

Application process with recruiter is very detailed and a lot of paper work. Initial Interview is intimidating, in front of a board of active duty officers. The interview process is not fast, you must start early to obtain the positions you desire. Make sure and prepare for the interview and ask any military officers you may know for help.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Coast Guard.

Interview

MEPS is just a long process. Be read for the ASVAB. Basic training is the real interview come prepared. Make sure you're physically fit and mentally prepared. it's only 8 weeks you just have to suck it up for a little while .

Electrical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Vancouver, WA).

Interview

The GC is a little more selective than other services because how small they are. so if you want to get in you have to show the recruiter that your serious about wanting to join.

Security/Law Enforcement Interview

Interview

Multiple applications have been submitted through different agencies. The selection process can be lengthy and takes patience. Cant expound more. Hopeful that using this job finder I'll find a job upon retirement from active duty.

SN Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Coast Guard.

Interview

Met with a recruiter, I took the ASVAB test, a physical, and I swore an oath to the United States. All very simple no special skills required, just a desire to serve the Coast Guard.

Be prepared visit www.gocoastguard.com to review what life in the Coast Guard is like prior to visiting with a recruiter. Make sure you have your documents in order ssn card, birth cert, and drivers license.

Recruit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Really about gathering a portfolio to make yourself look more marketable. Resume, recommendation letters, transcripts, narrative, etc. Of course, tests such as the ASVAB play a major role in your placement. The higher the score, the more jobs that are available to you.

Recruit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange City, FL

Interview

Easy interview. Not very long. Test makes biggest difference. I accepted right after. Went to boot camp. Passed. Fitness is very important. Study hard. Be respectful. You'll make it too.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Coast Guard.

Interview

They flew me to the nearest USCG base to interview with a group of 3 officers. Standard interview with each officer taking a turn to answer questions about background, intentions in the service, and "tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions

• As a CSPI student, you will be a full-time student but will no longer have the burden of working during the school week, what will you do with that extra time?   1 Answer