Cover image for US Coast Guard

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

US Coast Guard Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 120 of over 120 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Coast Guard

US Coast Guard

Application

I interviewed at US Coast Guard

Interview

Military recruiter. Explained the different ranks and rates. How life would possibly be. Explained boot camp. Pay procedures and leave and liberty. How to prepare for bootcamp and my first duty station.

Interview Questions
  • Can you do a push up
    1 Answer

US Coast Guard

Application

I interviewed at US Coast Guard

Interview

Interview process starts with filling out application on USAJobs.gov. The website does well with making sure you don't miss filling out all pertinent info since this is the first part of the interview process. If you encounter any challenges or have questions, fortunately, there is a point of contact usually posted on the job posting.

Interview Questions
  • In the Vacancy Questionnaire, answering a question based on your years of experience compared to your years of education could make a difference in how you are evaluated. That was the toughest interview question for me.

US Coast Guard

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Coast Guard

Interview

It was a panel interview conducted over the phone. It was a positive and quick process. The questions were mostly about past experiences and how to navigate possible conflicts that can potentially arise.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Coast Guard

Application

I interviewed at US Coast Guard

Interview

Met with Recruiter. He answered questions well. I went to MEPS and shipped out. I enjoyed the experience. Boot camp was tough but made me better. I would recommend. I visited recruiter in Tucker GA.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Coast Guard

Application

I interviewed at US Coast Guard

Interview

The interview process included 3 people all at the same time. The questions were geared towards Customer Service and less with technical support. The attitudes were great and my feedback was well received.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Coast Guard

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Coast Guard

Interview

The interview was straightforward. General contract questions and they ask about your experience. Very easy and comfortable. At the time they really was looking for candidates that would fit into the office culture/ environment at that time

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Coast Guard

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Coast Guard

Interview

Coming from the private sector, very bureaucratic in nature. Set questions from a panel of interviewers, with little feedback. Typical questions about background, abilities, expertise. Friendly and fair. Made it to a second interview but did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Coast Guard

Application

I interviewed at US Coast Guard

Interview

Interviewed with the Coast Guard for a Contract Specialist position with the Civil Engineering Unit. Interview was very casual with 3 individuals on the interview panel. Each person took turns asking questions. There were a total of 12 questions asked.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

US Coast Guard

Application

I interviewed at US Coast Guard

Interview

Tabe and Physical exam to determine minimum qualification for many positions. Interview with senior officer or enlisted to determine your potential for military service. Excellent process will help with your selection in service.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to join the Coast Guard?

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Coast Guard (Chesapeake, VA) in Oct 2020

Interview

Professional ,fair quickthree person panel with each asking questions camera difficulties with the zoom interveiw bad conne tion on their end test is given immediately following interview concerning excel and accouni g to see your abilities

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 120 Interviews

US Coast Guard Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at US Coast Guard as 67.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.41 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Seaman and Enlisted USCG rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Recruit and Electronics Technician roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at US Coast Guard takes an average of 88 days when considering 116 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Enlisted Military had the quickest hiring process (on average 33 days), whereas Military Officer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 153 days).

Common stages of the interview process at US Coast Guard according to 116 Glassdoor interviews include:

Drug Test: 18.26%