US Ecology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Ecology (Tampa, FL) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone Call From HR for a 1 on 1. Friendly very laid back no stress at all. Although I did not accept this position anyone would be lucky to work with this team !

Interview Questions

• What is a goal you set for yourself and how did you achieve it ?   1 Answer

Safety Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Ecology (Taylor, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

Spoke with the HR manager and Safety manager. They asked about my education and working knowledge of safety policy and procedures. Then they allowed me to ask any questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• Habe I ever been in a situation where I had to explain the importance of following a safety rule to someone who is not receptive/argumentative.   1 Answer

Senior Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Ecology (Detroit, MI) in March 2018.

Interview

I received an email from HR requesting phone screen within next 3 days with variety of times. HR was very professional, set expectations at beginning for agenda of 30 minute call and did a great job of covering everyone of the areas identified. Offered me opportunity to follow up directly. And followed up with me when scope of position changed. Overall this HR team member was solid representative for company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to show empathy.   1 Answer
    • What strengths would you bring to this role?   1 Answer
    • What kind of environment do you enjoy working in?   1 Answer

Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Ecology (Livonia, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process took over a month from start to finish. First was was the online application. Wait a few weeks. Then the phone screen. Wait a few weeks. Then a series of interviews in the office. First one on one, then group.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Ecology (Wayne, MI) in December 2013.

Interview

Lengthy timeline between application and final decision. It actually took so long to hear back on my application (almost a month) that I had nearly forgotten I had applied for the job. Once the first interview was done it took 3 weeks to get a response back, which was a request for a second interview (and for a position other than the one for which I had applied). Took 2 more weeks after that to get a call back.

Interview Questions

• When you're handling multiple deadlines, how do you prioritize your tasks to ensure each is completed on schedule?   Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Ecology (Boise, ID) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted regarding an opening on the team. I invited myself over for an interview. I was treated like one of the team from the first moment I walked through the door. The process took a longer than I expected and there were a few long periods of silence, but I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Technical question about my specialty. I don't even remember the details.   Answer Question

Transportation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Ecology (Canton, OH) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call from the HR coordinator with basic questions leading to an interview. I explained to her that because of my current position, I needed an after-hours interview. She was able to set this up and responded quickly offering any needed assistance with directions and scheduling. The interview went well and it was easy to see the passion that the location manager and the HR coordinator have for the company and their location.

I am still waiting for a follow-up interview and am extremely interested in working for an employer with employees that project such a positive attitude and passion for the job they do and the company they work for.

What a refreshing experience compared to other interviews that I have been a part of!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your transportation experience.   1 Answer
    • What impressed you most about the interview process?   1 Answer

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Ecology (Boise, ID) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was detailed with a panel of 4 members of management. They all made me feel comfortable and gave deep details of the scope of position. No follow up or response after interview.

Interview Questions

• do you have any experience dealing with hazardous waste?   1 Answer

Chemist Interview

Interview

Light hearted and easy. You meed with the manager and he tries to get to know you. He isn't intimidating at all. They like to hire younger candidates because flexibility with hours is needed.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Ecology (Wayne, MI) in December 2013.

Interview

Had 2 interviews, 2 weeks apart. Took an extended amount of time to hear back (3+ weeks) and then second interview was requested. After that interview it was another 2 weeks before I received any more correspondence. It also took quite some time to receive the official offer and set a start date.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult people?   1 Answer