US Fish and Wildlife Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Fish and Wildlife Service Interview Questions

2.5

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Fish and Wildlife Service.

Interview

It was brief, I was given the job after being a temp employee. The interview was done with a panel and I was asked a bunch of fisheries technician questions that had to do with SOP operations.

Interview Questions

• Experience identifying larval fish   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Fish and Wildlife Service.

Interview

Phone interview: the interview mostly described the job duties, requirements, and expectations. I was interviewed by the main refuge supervisor and the boss who I would be working directly under. It was a very easy interview, never an awkward lull in conversation. I prepared by reviewing the job announcement, job location, and refuge basics.

Park Ranger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marion, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Fish and Wildlife Service (Marion, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Finger printing, background check and federal application that had to be done before I had the interview, then had to get a ID Card that allowed access to the facility and also had to set up email and other important features

Fish and Wildlife Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Fish and Wildlife Service (Concord, NH) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a one hour phone interview with three people for a term position in the Northeast. The interview had job specific questions about previous experience and behavioral questions. There was no in-person interview, which I thought was pretty unusual. For a time-limited position this may have been all they needed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate for a higher grade level, or at least a higher step level within the grade 11, as well as a higher salary based on my years' of experience. The grade level and salary were the lowest advertised, and hiring manager would not budge.

General Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at US Fish and Wildlife Service (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I was called to arrange an interview after applying through USAJobs. There was no phone interview/screening or any communication with the interviewers before the interview itself. The interview was scheduled for and lasted exactly one hour. Most questions centered on reviewing my resume and previous work experience, though a couple of technical questions were thrown in. There were also a few questions regarding various federal regulations on energy policy.

Interview Questions

• What are the lifetime costs and considerations for a geothermal heat-pump versus an air-source heat-pump?   Answer Question

Interview

Interview process was standard for federal agency. Questions had to do with writing background, experience with environmental review, biology, conservation, and ecology.

Wildlife Biologist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Fish and Wildlife Service.

Interview

Standard complicated government application process. Submit a resume with multiple repetitions of the most applicable key word you can think of because the initial picks are done solely on keyword counts. Hope there are not to many veterans applying, claim to be an expert at everything and maybe you will make the top three. If your lucky it won't be a name selected position and you will get a real interview. Otherwise you will get a phone interview or no interview. I was a name selected candidate so no interview was necessary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was stupid and did not realize negotiation was an option.

Public Use Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sanibel, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Fish and Wildlife Service (Sanibel, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview was very informal. They asked me what I was currently doing and why I wanted to take the internship. They explained the duties of the internship and asked if I would be comfortable performing such duties.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Fish and Wildlife Service (Anchorage, AK) in July 2010.

Interview

It takes 6-8 weeks to get hired in the federal government. The filtering of application is a check the box process. He/she that can best check the boxes will get an interview. This is by using key words found in the job advertisements often known as KSA's (knowledge Skills and Abilities). Unless you are a veteran your chances are low to even get an interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with our applications . . .   1 Answer

Negotiation

there is none in the federal government except in very rear instances with someone having exceptional experience and knows how to ask for it.

Ao Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at US Fish and Wildlife Service (Honolulu, HI) in September 2009.

Interview

The interview was basically a tough one. There was one person and one other person on the telephone. The questions asked were a mixture of psychological in nature in dealing with people on a social and professional level due to the complexity of the job I was being interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult choice you had to make while in the position as a manager / supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your most challenging decision you had to make whether to retain or fire an employee?   Answer Question