US Immigration and Customs Enforcement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement

GS13 and GS14 Accountant Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

3-person panel interviews with your typical boiler place questions. Nothing that would really allow someone to assess the type of employee. Describe a project you've worked on. Describe your job duties blah blah blah.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you've worked on and the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's the Fed Gov't. There ISN'T any negotiation. You either take what they want to pay you or you don't. Also no one ever let me know, in person (the GS14 job would have been an internal hire as I already worked there) or by phone that I didn't get the job. Just got the standard email from HR saying I wasn't selected.

Special Agent Interview

Application

I interviewed at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement in March 2014.

Interview

very easy

Interview Questions

• what can you tell me about Diversity   1 Answer

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was asked a lot about my non-legal background and the managers were very friendly. I felt comfortable the entire time and felt like it was just a regular conversation with a few friends. I learned it is important to be friendly to everyone you meet along the way in the interview process including the legal assistants who could be your future co-workers.

Interview Questions

• They asked about what I knew about the agency.   1 Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (Washington, DC) in July 2010.

Interview

Applied via usajobs.gov with the typical questionnaire. I got two automated emails from the HR system and then a very nice email from the hiring manager. The manager interviewed one-on-one, plus he had one of his staff members present. The staffer was mostly disengaged and dead weight to the interview. The interveiw was conversational with a few particular questions of interest. They allowed time for me to ask all the questions I wanted. Answers and discussion seemed candid. Interview was 90 minutes. I felt very positive leaving the interview. Note: arrive early for airport style screening which does not move along very quickly!

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable working in an environment where there are few or no existing tools?   1 Answer

Offer was at the bottom of the available salary range. Responsibilities and expectations set in the interview matched my market value (e.g. current salary and recent offers) but were far more grandiose than associated offer. The attitude of the hiring manager after the interview was pleasant. He seemed to have other candidates he felt would take such an offer.

Attorney Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed in two rounds. The first round involved the hiring manager and several people who would be my co-workers. The second round involved the hiring manager and his boss. Each session lasted 30-45 minutes.

The first round consisted of a series of questions designed both to inquire about my specific legal experience in the areas that the group practiced in and to elicit clues about my persona. The second round was essentially an opportunity for the hiring manager to convince his boss that I was an appropriate hire for the group - it was more informal and somewhat friendlier.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time when you faced a professional ethical dilemma and describe what you did about it."   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate as the person who called to offer me the job was not the hiring manager I knew and had interviewed with. The person offering me the job was essentially a human resources person who could hardly have been less interested in what I wanted or needed.

Special Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2009.

Interview

Very long process and no communication with a recruiter to assist with questions. You must be patient.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer situational questions. I signed a confidentiality agreement so I cannot give any questions.   1 Answer