US Investigations Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Investigations Services Interview Questions

Interviews at US Investigations Services

2.3

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Investigations Services in June 2012.

Interview

The first interview is via a phone call and then there is a follow up writing sample they request. Then an in person interview can be scheduled.

They are looking for good writers, so take the time to edit your piece that is submitted as part of the interview process.

They are looking for people who want to stay with the company long term. They want people who are willing to work hard and are self motivated. Come with stories that demonstrate that you can work well under pressure with little or no direct supervision.

Interview Questions

• Have you read the negative reviews of the company by former employees and what is your opinion of those online reviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given an offer and 72 hours to accept or reject. The offer is contingent on successful background investigation that could take over 6 months. If after you sign and they give you a start date and you do not complete a year of service, your contract may require one full year of service or result in you paying $5000 for the cost of the investigation.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Investigations Services.

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 in person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Investigations Services.

Interview

I had to answer several experiential and behavioral questions in an essay type format and then I got a telephone interview. After that, I went for an in person interview. Then I got the job. The questions for both the telephone interview and in person interview were very similar in nature.

Interview Questions

• Questions were formatted like "tell me about a time when..." and if you do not have much work experience, then that can be difficult trying to provide quick and detailed answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Associate Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Investigations Services (Memphis, TN) in December 2010.

Interview

The phone interview with HR was first and very detailed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation that I was aware of.

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at US Investigations Services in February 2010.

Interview

Interview with either a team leader or regional manager, and maybe also a senior investigator. Following your interview, if a job is offered, there will be several weeks or months of background investigations before you can start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Investigators are a dime and dozen, and salaries are fixed.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Investigations Services in July 2010.

Interview

Three-step interview consisting of a phone interview, online portion and then an in-person interview. Simple, fast (2 weeks total) and relatively painless. Interviewed in person by my future direct supervisor and the woman who would train me, so it was a great way to get to know the people I'd be working with in the process.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Investigations Services.

Interview

It was really very simple. I was told I would be starting at such and such salary and I accepted the job offer because I had nowhere else to go at the time.

Associate Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Investigations Services (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied for this position in December, got an email saying they were interested in me and that they would call me for the interview. Interview lasted about 30 minutes on the phone. Got a face to face interview with two men at a hotel by the airport. They asked me a few dumb questions like "what would I do if the person I'm interviewing lived in a gated community?" and "What are the toughest part of the the job i'm interviewing for would be" Basically the same exact questions the phone interview was except a few more stupid questions. Between the application and the interview face to face, it was a matter of a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• They should waste people times with the stupid questions, just be straight forward.   Answer Question

Interview

Very laid back no pressure from management, almost too informal, only hired me as a contractor first

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Investigations Services.

Interview

Initially resume submission, followed up with phone interview which included submitting impromptu writing examples, followed up with in person interview.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall specific questions but there were many which were intended to extract your personal and work ethics.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I accepted the offer provided.