US Missile Defense Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Missile Defense Agency Interview Questions

Interviews at US Missile Defense Agency

2.7

Acquisition Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Missile Defense Agency in May 2017.

Interview

Was contacted and interviewed the very next week. Poor communication from the recruiter, I had to ask multiple times for directions to the interview and she kept trying to change the time to interview. This was a four person panel interview and each person asked me only one and exactly the same question (which made me feel very uncomfortable and honestly discriminated against) . When the third person on the panel asked me the same thing, I want to just grab my stuff and leave because I begin to believe that this panel interview was a joke and it's members were were only interviewing me because they "had to". It's officially been 8 weeks and haven't heard back from MDA (Not surprised).

Interview Questions

• why should MDA invest 3 years into you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Missile Defense Agency (Huntsville, AL) in December 2012.

Interview

Interview was conducted via phone. Application was done online. No in-person interview done. Had to go through a drug test, background check, and getting a security clearance.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Missile Defense Agency?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Missile Defense Agency (Huntsville, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview was over the phone with 4 hiring managers. Set list of 10 behavioral questions with no feedback or back and forth, making the whole process one sided where you couldn't figure out if it was a good fit for you or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Missile Defense agency?   Answer Question

General Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied off a school notification for openings in their career development program. Overall process took a long time, over several months. Interviewed with a panel of representatives, not just one individual. Asked mostly behavioral questions, and why I wanted to work at the MDA.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you worked on a team with and were very successful. Also why this project and what do you think contributed to your success?   Answer Question

Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Missile Defense Agency (Huntsville, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

there were many details about past employment, education and reason interested in working fro MDA. They also were very clear in the expectation of the position in which they were hiring for.

Interview Questions

• why would you like to work for MDA   1 Answer

Career Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dahlgren, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at US Missile Defense Agency (Dahlgren, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied through the college career center websie and had a 40 minute phone interview. No technical questions. Mostly a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at US Missile Defense Agency in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online through USAjobs.gov in late October and the application closed in early November. I was never updated to the "Referred" status like many applicants are when they are chosen to move on in the hiring process, but I was still contacted by HR roughly 10 weeks later to set up a phone interview. The interview lasted 20-30 minutes and consisted of 7 questions that they said were going to be the same across all applicants being interviewed. There were 3 employees on the call from the division I had applied for, along with 1 HR member who had set up the call. They were all behavioral questions and were fairly straight forward. At the end of the call they explained that HR would contact me in the next upcoming weeks regarding the outcome. Here I am, 3 weeks later and I have yet to receive any contact from them. I went ahead and contacted them myself and they were very understanding and cooperative with my application status request. They had explained that of the 22 vacancies for the program, there were still zero hires that had been made. However, they also added that the MDA has up to 6 months after the job closes online to make their decision. It did not seem like they intended to use all 6 months to make their decision, but I think they are just giving themselves as much flexibility as they can.

General Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at US Missile Defense Agency in January 2016.

Interview

Once the USAjobs listing closed they set me as referred, around 2 months later I got a phone interview. It was a panel of 5 people. They asked stock interview questions, but didn't ever say anything and only listened to the answers. Felt cold and by the book; as if it was only a courtesy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Missile Defense Agency (Huntsville, AL) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview was by phone dial in and was setup for 30 minutes with general information about the position or in this case positions (the positions were for multiple billets in different engineering departments). One person asked the questions while the other three listened in. The six questions were very general and more situational with little to feedback from the interviewer. Afterwards, you could ask questions, but they were not very helpful since it was not position specific. I asked what the expected travel was and was told it depended on the position. anywhere to very little to a lot. Overall friendly and about as informative as he could be.

Interview Questions

• Which program would you like to work on and why?
      Describe a situation where you had to work in a interdisciplinary group across organizations to complete a project and what was your role?
      Describe a situation when you were confronted with a problem that was out of control and how did you react?   Answer Question