US Navy MWR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at US Navy MWR

2.5

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Navy MWR (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

They interview took place in beginning of December and did not get a call back until the end of the month. And took about 2 month to get all paper work done and background check to be cleared.

Interview Questions

• How would you re directed a child who is disturbing circle time.   1 Answer

Assistant Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy MWR (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online thru a website provided by my school. It took about 5 months to get a call back. The call for an interview was about 2 days before they started interviews. I was interviewed by managers form 2 different properties. The interview took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to wok for MWR?
      Describe a time where you went above and beyond your job description?
      What is you typical work day like?
      Describe a time where you had an issue with a customer, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Storage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Navy MWR (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of 4 management team members. They each asked me a series of questions and then they rated my answers. I had no idea how my answers were perceived, I received a letter from HR that thanked me for applying. The managers on the panel told me afterwards that the person they choice told them "what they wanted to hear".

Interview Questions

• They asked if I were selected as the manager how I would handle disciplining of firing one of my employees?   1 Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Navy MWR (Norfolk, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very Easy you apply. They call you for an interview. They ask you the time that works best for you to come in.You are asked structured questions to which you will respond to. They call you about 2 weeks later with an answer of if you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating the pay you receive is what you receive.

Interview

Took forever to get a call and it took about a month to get through the background check. Easy interview, they really just want to know you're a professional. Job description was a little misleading.

Recreation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lemoore Nas, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Navy MWR (Lemoore Nas, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was easy. There were some questions that made you have to think but mainly easy. The questions involved events, planning, and travel. If you are person who loves to travel and do new things then theres no need to worry. organic interview

Interview Questions

• If you were a event planner describe an event for families or kids you would plan.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Navy MWR in September 2012.

Interview

Panel Interview in front of 3 current employees. Basic questions related to the job as well as behavioral questions. Be sure to at least dress business casual, bring resume and references sheet with you as well. Interview was rather basic, typical questions that can be found on various sites with basic interview questions.

Fitness Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I interviewed at US Navy MWR (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a interview with the Marines in Arlington,VA for a Fitness Director position. Submitted resume online and within 3 weeks was contacted. No phone screen, I was just asked me to head down for DC for an interview. The interview was fairly difficult and I met with 2 high ranking officers (one NCO one CPT) and a human resources person. Prior to the interview I was given a tour of the base by the Chief of MWR. I thought I performed reasonably well. However I feel that my time was not valued and respected. I drove down from NJ and stayed over night at a hotel close to base (on my own dime) and waited close to a month to hear from the Marines that I didn't receive the job. What was the most frustrating was in the Marine HR emailed a letter mentioning that I didn't not receive the position and provided a human resource number to call to inquire if I wanted to know anything else. I called the number several times (also emailed) always left messages but they were never returned. All I wanted to know what qualities I was lacking or how I could have performed better in the interview. The phone number in the post-interview letter invited candidates to do that. I lost money, missed time with my clients, felt my time wasn't respected, and my responses were not returned. Sadly, this has been a typical expereince with interacting with MWR professionals.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Navy MWR (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Standard interview. Diverse panel of three individuals in higher positions. Panel members include at least one subject matter expert and someone outside the organization. Very formal and structured. 30 minute process total. Questions could be asked at the end.

Interview Questions

• The basic questions were asked then job-specific. Questions about software apps (SAP, Epitome), human resources, and financials...quite a few financial questions actually.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very small room for negotiation for almost all positions.

Electrician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Navy MWR.

Interview

For me I took an electrical test to proove I knew electrical. then waited 2 weeks for a 2 part physical.