USG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

USG Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.5

Any Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at USG.

Interview

Met with general formen he asked a few questons about my hobbies and intrests, showed me what id be doing and asked if i would be interested.i accepted and started work few days later.

Interview Questions

• What kinda of safety did your other job have   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USG in October 2016.

Interview

Had an interview with the factory leader. He asked me very personal questions and did not ask anything technical. During the interview he was grading my responses on a scaled sheet.

Project Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Chicago, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at USG (East Chicago, IN).

Interview

Submitted online application after speaking with a booth at a university career fair. Then phone interview of about 20 minutes with standard questions. Interview at plant location with various department heads (1 full day).

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a problem you have solved, and state any issues and how you addressed them.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at USG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Contacted by a internal recruiter. That conversation went well. I then proceeded to a phone interview with the hiring manager. We talked mostly about my experience. I did well enough to set up an in person interview. The in person interview was conducted by the recruiter, hiring manager, the hiring manager's boss who oversaw all IT stuff, or a large chunk of it, I think, and a person who was working the role I'm applying for. There was supposed to be another person, but they were on vacation so it was just the three (the recruiter only introduced people/talked about next steps/made sure things went smoothly/talked about company). It was a rotation based interview, you talked with one, and then it was the next one, cycling through each one. The questions again were about who I was, my background, did I know such and such, and what did I want to do with my career. The last thing I mentioned is the most important aspect I think, because this role is specifically catered to recent graduates who are looking to grow and learn about the different aspects of IT. So that may or may have not sealed my fate. Anyway, I was told after my interview I'd hear within a week. It was just that. I was rejected but overall the people and experience was great. I'd like to work here for this position, but it didn't turn out that way. Well, there's always another door, I suppose.

Interview Questions

• Things about my background, why I chose to do certain things, where do I see myself in 5 years, pretty average stuff   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at USG.

Interview

The first part involved a phone interview then that would lead to an in person interview. Asking basic behavioral questions to get to know you, as long as you prepare for those questions and research the company you should be fine. You don't want to rehearse what you are going to say too much, just have it fresh in your mind. Practice a few times and then let your mind relax.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at USG (Libertyville, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 seperate people from different departments over course of 2 days. Short 20-30 minutes interviews. Ask about experience alot. Be prepared with examples from past jobs. Be prepared to explain why you chose USG and why you fit in with them.

Interview Questions

• Of all industries and places to work, why construction products??   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USG in May 2015.

Interview

The hiring process included a phone interview and an on-site interview, with a manager and four people. The phone interview included questions about why I would want to work there and things of that nature.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at USG?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at USG (Lubbock, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center. I got an email the next day saying they want to interview me. The interviewer was nice and made me feel comfortable. The questions were behavioral not so much technical. The interviewer told me that they will get a hold of me within the next week. Got an email from them 5 days later saying they found someone else for the position.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at USG (Portland, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

Short screening interview over phone. No difficult questions. Then a plant visit, met the team and still no difficult questions. The interview process is just to make sure you fit in with the plant.

Interview Questions

• General questions about your experiences.   1 Answer

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at USG (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews spanning a couple weeks all on site at USG. First round with HR and peer. Second round with HR, peer, and one superior. Last round with CIO, business representative, and finally the hiring manager. Woudl have appreciated meeting the hiring manager sooner in the process.

Interview Questions

• If you could change anything, what would it be?   1 Answer