Ulteig Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2016

2.5

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulteig (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted by the HR in two days. They gave me two rounds of interviews (to different teams to see which will be a better fit for me). The process was quick and both of the managers were friendly. It was a pleasant experience

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulteig (Windsor, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

So far just talking to recruiter. Recruiter supplied info of the employer. Recruiter talked about the locations of the different offices and the type of work the employer specializes in. Recruiter is passing submitted information to the employer for review. I am waiting to hear back. I currently live in California.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ulteig (Fargo, ND) in August 2016.

Interview

Usual interview experience. Applied online, recruiter interview and on site interview. Nothing out of the ordinary.Questions about background, why interested in job I applied for, strength and weaknesses,. Read a bit about what the company does.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ulteig (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I wasn't contacted for about 6 weeks, but it was later explained why. I was contacted by my future manager directly. We had a somewhat in-depth phone interview. The next day, HR contacted me for a video interview the following week. After the lengthy phone interview, an offer was made within 2 weeks for the position and I accepted. It was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Project team work questions, difficult situations, future career goals, industry knowledge.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulteig.

Interview

Quick to reach out after application, on site interview in a matter of days with members of management. Offer received within a few days after that and the Company was professional, clean, in a good location.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ulteig.

Interview

The process was typical. There was a phone interview with a recruiter to gauge compatibility with the company, and then an interview with a technical manager and technical director. Questions were pretty typical, ranging from job experience to personal organization.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical questions for an interview. I can't think of anything out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulteig (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

A quick interview with a human resources on the phone with the usual personality and screening questions and then a more technical interview with the hiring manager(s) where they ask questions to determine your compatibility with the team and to check your skills.

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ulteig (Denver, CO).

Interview

There were three stages of interviewing: a basic phone interviewer with the main recruiter in Fargo, a technical phone interview with the hiring manager in Denver, and a video conference through the Sioux Falls office of Ulteig to the Denver Ulteig location, over the course of about two weeks. However, after the final video conference interview, it took about a month and a half to finally get the rejection, which was sent in a cookie cutter HR e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Everything was fairly standard, nothing was unexpected or that technical.   Answer Question

Substation Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulteig.

Interview

The first interview is over the phone and serve as a screening process by the HR people. They only ask you simple questions, some behavior questions, and nothing technical. If you pass then you will move on the second interview. The second interview will take place on site, and you will be interviewed by 2-3 people (most like engineers and supervisor). They will ask you mostly behavior questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fridley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ulteig (Fridley, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

The initial online job application was difficult because the final submission resulted in a "Run Time Error" message. But that permitted me to send an e-mail directly to the general e-mail address, and an HR person wrote that my submission had made it into the database.

Ulteig's headquarters is in Fargo, ND, but this position is located at their office in Fridley, MN.

I spoke with the HR representative in Fridley, and she set up an in-person interview with the hiring manager. I met in a conference room at their location, with the hiring manager and the HR representative. He described the business challenges they have, and why they are expanding the Project Manager group within Ulteig. They asked some questions that were behavior-based, and I was ready with example stories. The HR woman was having a hard time staying awake; when I asked later if she was OK, she said the room was hot, which made her sleepy. Toward the end of the interview, the hiring manager left the room, and the HR woman handed me copies of their benefits information.

I was one of 2-3 people in the final interview for this position. By noon the next day I received a system-generated boilerplate "However, at this time we have selected a candidate more closely matched to our needs." So I'm not sure why they waste resources by handing benefits documents to people they are not going to hire, but that's what happened.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the specific questions. Typical behavior-based questions.   Answer Question