Ulteig Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Electrical Design Engineer-Substation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ulteig (Denver, CO) in March 2019.

Interview

1st contact: By phone with the HR department to talk a little bit about my skills and what the company is looking for. The interview was very laid back and informative.

2nd Contact: This involved a technical interview with a lead engineer and a technical manager from my department.

3rd contact: I was flown to Denver for an in-person interview where I met with two different groups. The first was a with a technical manager and a design engineer. The second was with two lead engineers. This interview was laid back but technical. With my experience, I was able to answer most of the questions.

I would like to thank the awesome HR team that made me feel welcome and heard throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an urgent question from the client in the field when you're busy with work?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulteig (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted by the HR in two days. They gave me two rounds of interviews (to different teams to see which will be a better fit for me). The process was quick and both of the managers were friendly. It was a pleasant experience

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulteig (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

A quick interview with a human resources on the phone with the usual personality and screening questions and then a more technical interview with the hiring manager(s) where they ask questions to determine your compatibility with the team and to check your skills.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ulteig (Saint Paul, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview with Engineers, not HR, easy to communicate. Very nice and relaxing. Even provided a tour of the facility and Let me know that there was a path to being hired on long term

Interview Questions

• Show me how power gets from generation to your house in a simple block diagram   1 Answer

CAD Technician Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Ulteig.

Interview

The process is a little extended. It was just over 5 weeks from my Phone Screen to an offer being made. It would have been a week shorter but one of the managers was away at a conference one week. Overall it didn’t seem too long, with 4 interviews in total they broke up the time. The process was a phone screen with a recruiter, a phone interview with a manager and then 2 video interviews, one with a Manager and a Senior level person in the position you apply for and the 2nd video interview is with people with the same titles but a different group. I ended up being offered a different position from the one I interviewed for but within the same group. The only critique I would have would be to streamline the process so it’s not such a long process but overall a really good experience.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulteig (Fargo, ND) in July 2018.

Interview

The application process was simple and not time consuming, which was nice as a student preparing to graduate. I was first contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was more of a personable conversation than a scripted screening. The HR representative actually told me he’d prefer a conversation rather than rehearsed answers. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I was interviewed by two employees on the marketing team who would be the supervisors for the position. One was in the conference room with me and the other was on video call since she works in a different location. They were both extremely friendly and made me feel at ease since Ulteig was their first job out of college too! After the interview I was given a tour of the office. I received a call the next day and was offered the position, which I accepted of course! The entire experience was quick, personable, and enjoyable, and I have to say I’m enjoying my job so far! I would definitely recommend Ulteig to any young professional.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot about my previous experience in school and past jobs and how I thought it would apply to the position.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ulteig (Fargo, ND) in August 2016.

Interview

Usual interview experience. Applied online, recruiter interview and on site interview. Nothing out of the ordinary.Questions about background, why interested in job I applied for, strength and weaknesses,. Read a bit about what the company does.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ulteig.

Interview

The process was typical. There was a phone interview with a recruiter to gauge compatibility with the company, and then an interview with a technical manager and technical director. Questions were pretty typical, ranging from job experience to personal organization.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical questions for an interview. I can't think of anything out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ulteig (Denver, CO).

Interview

There were three stages of interviewing: a basic phone interviewer with the main recruiter in Fargo, a technical phone interview with the hiring manager in Denver, and a video conference through the Sioux Falls office of Ulteig to the Denver Ulteig location, over the course of about two weeks. However, after the final video conference interview, it took about a month and a half to finally get the rejection, which was sent in a cookie cutter HR e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Everything was fairly standard, nothing was unexpected or that technical.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulteig.

Interview

Quick to reach out after application, on site interview in a matter of days with members of management. Offer received within a few days after that and the Company was professional, clean, in a good location.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulteig (Windsor, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

So far just talking to recruiter. Recruiter supplied info of the employer. Recruiter talked about the locations of the different offices and the type of work the employer specializes in. Recruiter is passing submitted information to the employer for review. I am waiting to hear back. I currently live in California.