Ulteig Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.4

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ulteig (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Overall, there was much to be desired. Professionalism and key courtesies were not extended as are to be expected from a mature, market-competitive company. My experience, albeit unique to my circumstance, should reflect the general way of business that Ulteig operates: sloppy and inconsiderate to employees.

Firstly, they demanded strange times of the interview (lunch) and did not offer lunch as a courtesy. Then, during the 3-hour interview, they arranged for 6, different people to speak with, leaving merely 30-min with each - definitely not enough time for a candidate to learn more about the company, the job, culture while also selling themselves and talking about their experience, education, and expectations.

It was also apparent the 6 interviewers were not prepped by the hiring manager. Some did not even know the title of the position for which the candidate (myself) was applying for.

On a personal note that I found, it seemed to my Utleig was staffed with self-serving engineers, looking for career advancement, without a team-player attitude. On paper, I found my experience and education far surpassing the interviewer and I felt strongly admonished - was I a possible threat?

Fortunately for me, I was able to network before-hand and do some due diligence with current and previous employees. Ulteig has gone through a lot of change, a product of a negative culture. In summary, I was not impressed with the interview process - it felt sloppy and petulant.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about my undergrad experience and first jobs out of engineering school...   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulteig (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted by the HR in two days. They gave me two rounds of interviews (to different teams to see which will be a better fit for me). The process was quick and both of the managers were friendly. It was a pleasant experience

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulteig (Windsor, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

So far just talking to recruiter. Recruiter supplied info of the employer. Recruiter talked about the locations of the different offices and the type of work the employer specializes in. Recruiter is passing submitted information to the employer for review. I am waiting to hear back. I currently live in California.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ulteig (Fargo, ND) in August 2016.

Interview

Usual interview experience. Applied online, recruiter interview and on site interview. Nothing out of the ordinary.Questions about background, why interested in job I applied for, strength and weaknesses,. Read a bit about what the company does.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ulteig (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I wasn't contacted for about 6 weeks, but it was later explained why. I was contacted by my future manager directly. We had a somewhat in-depth phone interview. The next day, HR contacted me for a video interview the following week. After the lengthy phone interview, an offer was made within 2 weeks for the position and I accepted. It was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Project team work questions, difficult situations, future career goals, industry knowledge.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulteig.

Interview

Quick to reach out after application, on site interview in a matter of days with members of management. Offer received within a few days after that and the Company was professional, clean, in a good location.

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ulteig.

Interview

The process was typical. There was a phone interview with a recruiter to gauge compatibility with the company, and then an interview with a technical manager and technical director. Questions were pretty typical, ranging from job experience to personal organization.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical questions for an interview. I can't think of anything out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ulteig (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

A quick interview with a human resources on the phone with the usual personality and screening questions and then a more technical interview with the hiring manager(s) where they ask questions to determine your compatibility with the team and to check your skills.

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ulteig (Denver, CO).

Interview

There were three stages of interviewing: a basic phone interviewer with the main recruiter in Fargo, a technical phone interview with the hiring manager in Denver, and a video conference through the Sioux Falls office of Ulteig to the Denver Ulteig location, over the course of about two weeks. However, after the final video conference interview, it took about a month and a half to finally get the rejection, which was sent in a cookie cutter HR e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Everything was fairly standard, nothing was unexpected or that technical.   Answer Question

Substation Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulteig.

Interview

The first interview is over the phone and serve as a screening process by the HR people. They only ask you simple questions, some behavior questions, and nothing technical. If you pass then you will move on the second interview. The second interview will take place on site, and you will be interviewed by 2-3 people (most like engineers and supervisor). They will ask you mostly behavior questions.